News Deledio agrees to become a Giant

Remove this Banner Ad

I must admit that Lids' injury history was a worry with this trade ... but now it is just a case of seeing how it goes over the course of the whole season.
Have to trust the clubs due diligence prior to the trade I guess. I think the biggest issue would have been getting his contract under the cap , and my understanding is the Tigers are paying half.

I think most of Lids problems happen around preseason after having an extended break and then getting back into it so intensely.

Once he gets it right, he is usually good to go for the rest of the season, it's just getting it right sometimes take longer than expected.

Have to trust the clubs due diligence prior to the trade I guess. I think the biggest issue would have been getting his contract under the cap , and my understanding is the Tigers are paying half.

Paying half? Err no.

On topic though as i posted when you got him and i have no doubt your club realised this by bring brett over. You will get around 12-14 quality games from lids.

He has not played in the early rounds for a few years now due to his body, so its no surprise. He cant play mid or half back now due to his body but he is the ideal hhf.

Imo you will play him for a few games around round 4-8 then save him for when the whips start cracking.

He is silk.

Such a shame about Lids' calf. Hopefully it's all right by the time round one rolls around.

Thanks for the 1st rounder :D

Seriously though, he'll be fine. Just being cautious and taking necessary measures to make sure they can nurse him through the important stuff.

How many years has he signed for? If he gets injured before or during finals I imagine he'll just tell the staff to give him some Nat Fyfe's fractured leg level painkillers.

Shiiiiiiiiiit

Anyone know what 'We sent him around for a few days to clear his head' means?

Not meaningful tweet in isolation. It stems from our leadership group presser where Leon explains the club have given Lids a few days off after the injury flared and expect him back after round 2.

The guy would have been shattered and no doubt all concerned would have said, no point hanging around the club in that mindset. Have few days off with the family and come back to hit rehab with fresh outlook.

To be frank, we need fragile 29 year olds like Gold Coast needed Andrew Boston.
Hope to see this clarified by the club or we tear his contract up

If he plays even close to the level he played at in 2015, despite injury and illness that season, you'll probably be walking through finals like it's bush week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not meaningful tweet in isolation. It stems from our leadership group presser where Leon explains the club have given Lids a few days off after the injury flared and expect him back after round 2.

The guy would have been shattered and no doubt all concerned would have said, no point hanging around the club in that mindset. Have few days off with the family and come back to hit rehab with fresh outlook.
He wasn't at the jumper presentation on Sunday. The MC just said he was managing his injury.

That said though, there were 2 or 3 others missing that were sick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back