Autopsy Demonblog book - now not a major motion picture

Remove this Banner Ad

Supermercado is it still possible to purchase this or have I missed the boat?

Thank you for your enquiry dear reader, you can still purchase via bit.ly/demonblogbook. It comes directly from Amazon rather than me, but one way or the other you'll still get the longest sports book ever written in this country if not the world.

Thank you for your enquiry dear reader, you can still purchase via bit.ly/demonblogbook. It comes directly from Amazon rather than me, but one way or the other you'll still get the longest sports book ever written in this country if not the world.
Thanks mate.

Thanks mate.
He isn't joking - it's pretty long.

I personally appreciate the way it lends a kind of epic grandiose quality to our awfulness. I'm not kidding - for a few chapters you just shake your head and admit that we suck, until the moment when you realise that losing games and sucking at football were part of a bigger era of world class dreadful.

But it is very very impressive and funny so you should definitely get one.

He isn't joking - it's pretty long.

I personally appreciate the way it lends a kind of epic grandiose quality to our awfulness. I'm not kidding - for a few chapters you just shake your head and admit that we suck, until the moment when you realise that losing games and sucking at football were part of a bigger era of world class dreadful.

But it is very very impressive and funny so you should definitely get one.

With the massive "it's all getting better" pisstake that was 2010 and every second week of 2011 until we went utterly **** up.

So I'm moving house, and I just found my 2012 and 2013 memberships.

Any suggestions as to what to do with them?

Melt them down and inject them so that you will forever be as one.

Hey Supermercado

Posting here to pass on my partner's praise for your book. He has worked his way through the lot - says he is hoping it works the same way as exorcism - and as a result took a dodgy sick day to sleep off multiple nights reading. Today I found the copy filled with mysterious post-it notes. It turns out he has marked out games that were a) Melbourne wins, and b) enjoyable. He says he's going to reread all those games in a row and pretend it's a premiership year.

He also wanted me to tell you that he thinks you're spot on and that James Packer does look like James Frawley after being bitten by a poisonous toad. I don't know why that point struck him in particular but it did.

Hey Supermercado

Posting here to pass on my partner's praise for your book. He has worked his way through the lot - says he is hoping it works the same way as exorcism - and as a result took a dodgy sick day to sleep off multiple nights reading. Today I found the copy filled with mysterious post-it notes. It turns out he has marked out games that were a) Melbourne wins, and b) enjoyable. He says he's going to reread all those games in a row and pretend it's a premiership year.

He also wanted me to tell you that he thinks you're spot on and that James Packer does look like James Frawley after being bitten by a poisonous toad. I don't know why that point struck him in particular but it did.

I'm just thrilled that somebody made it all the way through! Most excellent. Wouldn't have made much of a dint on your household sticky note budget.

Since I wrote that about Packer his wife told him to do one so I hope it doesn't send him off the deep edge.

Put them in a time capsule and open it if we ever win a flag just to remember how far we've come. Honestly that's what i'd seriously do

Do note, you may never open the time capsule ever again.

Best of luck in mending relationships for anyone giving this as a gift tomorrow.
That free copy you promised to gift me still hasn't arrived.

By promised I mean refused and by gift I mean go to amazon you tight flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That free copy you promised to gift me still hasn't arrived.

By promised I mean refused and by gift I mean go to amazon you tight flog.

When the movie rights are sold I'll give you a free copy and a lapdance.

Hey Supermercado

See, because im a masochist i prefer reading about the games we disgraced ourself in more so. (yes i know, plenty of content, where does one start?)

First port of call was reading all of the Neeld year(s) and a half, then 186, but my fav, because i remember how filthy i was after this i game was the Montagna goal cause of ******* Toumpas/nobody bother flooding back game against St.Kilda in 2015... Super's way with words gives me a great chuckle about it now but that night, wowee, i was as salty as ive ever been after a loss. 186 and mini 186 (the loss vs Essendon) were more mind and body numbing experiences, there were no words to say, you just sat there and stared at a wall.

Now i will start reading from back to front but my goodness its been fun reading over all the lowlights that i could remember. :)

While the 2007-20?? period may have given us some grief and depressing days, it sure led to some brilliance on the 'The Cut' thread.
That thread is the best thing to come out of the Neeld era if I do say so myself.

Like the MS Paint thread - absolute cactus due to classic images being hosted in obscure locations.
But next year you plan to publish the 400 pages or so that you printed out at the time they were created right? And it will be called the great deeconstruction and have pictures yes?

Probably I'm asking for too much :(

But next year you plan to publish the 400 pages or so that you printed out at the time they were created right? And it will be called the great deeconstruction and have pictures yes?

Probably I'm asking for too much :(

God I wish. It's like discovering the greatest YouTube channel then it gets deleted.

God I wish. It's like discovering the greatest YouTube channel then it gets deleted.
Ah bummer.

Ah well, never mind. I've still got my demon book.

BTW I don't know whether to congratulate you or attempt to murder you for that book. I've read it from cover to cover and what is amazing is it really is like being there BUT FOR THE SECOND TIME!!! Which is truly weird going through it again - and now with the benefit of hindsight but not being certain whether the hindsight makes it all okay or all worse.

But I enjoyed it immensely, even if on occasion in a slightly sick Emo self flagellating way.

Three interesting things I learned:

1. You were a Stefan Martin fan - as was I. I loved the experience and had big hopes for him. Great to see him get part way to filling his potential - in Brisbane. FU NEELD.

2. You had some time for Jordie McKensie as a tackling, heart on sleeve guy, albeit probably with insufficient skill to drive the bus to premiership city. Me too! Well, more I never noticed him much while sinking into the black hole of Melbourne depression - but my partner used to regularly prod me when Jordy laid a tackle and say " at least he's having a go" or "lad has a bit of grunt" or some other macho but slightly patronising statement. So in a way we are both sort of connected via seven degrees of Jordy.

3. (Awesome) you spent a decent portion of your wedding day in a hotel room watching the Dees get flogged by Freo.

Respect

Proper Gander - Thank you for the kind words. If I may tackle your points individually:

1) Yes - SME is life. Not sure where he would fit in now, and might have held up Gawn's development so who knows maybe Neeld giving him the tijuana was an unappreciated masterstroke?
2) I feel like McKenzie looked good when we were only dire every second week because the rest of the team lifted him (a rising tide etc.. etc..) but when we went to s**t it was all over. At least we'll always have his last great gasp when he drove Brendan Goddard bonkers before we lost by kicking 0.0 in the last quarter.
3) No regrets. Pity it wasn't a week later when I was in WA as part of the honeymoon or I could have watched that great #fistedforever shambles in person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back