Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been really trying to get out over the past few weeks to build up my confidence in social settings while flying solo. Was meant to use 2020 for this, with an eye to properly building myself a network here, outside of the office.

It's taken a lot of persistence, but am making progress. Feel a lot of that will get shredded if this drag on for weeks :/
Well done mate, that takes guts. If it does get impeded at least you know you have what it takes to make progress though. You'll keep moving forward and upwards.

Im not sure that free appointments are a thing? But with a mental health care plan, you can now get 20 appointments a calendar year, with a rebate of about $125...so if they charge $200, out of pocket is around $75.

The other thing to remember is if you're registered for the Medicare Safety Net, once you reach a certain amount of out of pocket costs for the year, the gap payments that you pay until the end of December is quite small. In saying that though, I'm not sure how easy it would be to pass the safety net threshold if you are a single person (ie. Its obviously a lot easier when there are multiple people on your Medicare card).
Yeah mine charges $250 and i get $118 back

Im not sure that free appointments are a thing? But with a mental health care plan, you can now get 20 appointments a calendar year, with a rebate of about $125...so if they charge $200, out of pocket is around $75.

The other thing to remember is if you're registered for the Medicare Safety Net, once you reach a certain amount of out of pocket costs for the year, the gap payments that you pay until the end of December is quite small. In saying that though, I'm not sure how easy it would be to pass the safety net threshold if you are a single person (ie. Its obviously a lot easier when there are multiple people on your Medicare card).

Only one not even a criticism but I don't think doctors get is not everyone is on their money and have other costs. Unfortunately you are spending money on treatment with no guarantee to work. A counsellor can talk and a psychiatrist can provide better stronger drugs to knock the edge off for a while but really is this medical/environment/situational/personality.

FWIW imo it is part genetic. Some people are just prone to it and succumb if a situation occurs to cause it. Can't speak for everyone thou but from memory i had issues with this s**t as far back as 12. But can be fine for a few years before crashing. So really it's almost part of my character.

What's everyone doing today in lockdown anyway? I'm using it as an excuse to do SFA and sleep in. I really need a plan so I cope with this one but can't be fudged atm. Also given instructions and the set up required from work my guess is this will go > 5 days.

Only one not even a criticism but I don't think doctors get is not everyone is on their money and have other costs. Unfortunately you are spending money on treatment with no guarantee to work. A counsellor can talk and a psychiatrist can provide better stronger drugs to knock the edge off for a while but really is this medical/environment/situational/personality.

FWIW imo it is part genetic. Some people are just prone to it and succumb if a situation occurs to cause it. Can't speak for everyone thou but from memory i had issues with this sh*t as far back as 12. But can be fine for a few years before crashing. So really it's almost part of my character.
Could it be part of your character because you’re allowing it to be? It could be genetic but it could also reoccur when you allow it to, when you’re not mentally strong. By saying it’s part of your character you’re basically saying you’ll always have it and as such you’ll never beat it. This is exactly what I do and am trying to stop it myself. You are self talking that you will always feel depressed at some stage. I feel you and me are very similar because so much of what you say and how you actually say things is exactly how I’ve say it.
If you stopped thinking about depression would you even be depressed ????
Keep fighting mate we’re all in this together

Could it be part of your character because you’re allowing it to be? It could be genetic but it could also reoccur when you allow it to, when you’re not mentally strong. By saying it’s part of your character you’re basically saying you’ll always have it and as such you’ll never beat it. This is exactly what I do and am trying to stop it myself. You are self talking that you will always feel depressed at some stage. I feel you and me are very similar because so much of what you say and how you actually say things is exactly how I’ve say it.
If you stopped thinking about depression would you even be depressed ????
Keep fighting mate we’re all in this together
Always be prone to it would be better worded. Just like some are prone to sunburn, flu, weight gain etc.

Always be prone to it would be better worded. Just like some are prone to sunburn, flu, weight gain etc.
And then I ask why are they prone to these things? A lot of people like myself are prone to weight issues because they are not mentally strong enough to stay the course. I get that some people are naturally prone to things but I’m not sure how often depression falls into that category. It’s like your just accepting that’s how it is, when it doesn’t have to be that way. My wife always tells me I have excuses for everything and I do but it doesn’t make my excuses right it just makes me feel better for not fighting something I can win with the right attitude

On the whole cost of psychologists thing - I'd encourage people not to rule out treatment because they can't afford it.

Persevere with your GP and services like Beyond Blue. If you are in genuine financial need, they will find someone who will treat you for nil or significantly reduced cost on a MHCP (even if their practice says officially that they don't bulk bill).

If your condition is bad enough, you may also be eligible for funding through the NDIS.

We're not America - if you need the help, there are always avenues to get it. Keep trying until you find one.

On the whole cost of psychologists thing - I'd encourage people not to rule out treatment because they can't afford it.

Persevere with your GP and services like Beyond Blue. If you are in genuine financial need, they will find someone who will treat you for nil or significantly reduced cost on a MHCP (even if their practice says officially that they don't bulk bill).

If your condition is bad enough, you may also be eligible for funding through the NDIS.

We're not America - if you need the help, there are always avenues to get it. Keep trying until you find one.
While I agree the system is swamped at the moment. You might be in desperate need of intervention but you have to wait. And even then you may not jell with the person treating and it goes to hell.
This isn't the AFL where you can hit pause for a month and check in to rehab (and good on those for doing so) but not everyone can access those things due to costs or access.
Almost feel your own your own. And if that's the case fine but everyone (not you) then needs to stop with all the advertising and let everyone be.
This board is actually great as you can post openly. I mean I have plans and goals but they hit a wall due to mental and physical health issues and a s**t living environment ATM

Got some over the counter sleeping tablets today and some natural supplements as well which will hopefully help with my shitty sleeping patterns at the moment

Nice day today. Get out in the garden and tidy up a bit. Pull out some weeds. You'll feel better after.
I sprayed 30 litres worth of weeds today

Nice day today. Get out in the garden and tidy up a bit. Pull out some weeds. You'll feel better after.

I went down the beach before LD began (I had to drive back one day early). Went shopping, bought my mum and dad some nice dark chocolate raspberries. You (well I do) feel great giving small random gifts to ppl.

Re. gardening * that. I'd hate that hahahah. Im glad i dont have a garden to take care of. :sneaky:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got some over the counter sleeping tablets today and some natural supplements as well which will hopefully help with my shitty sleeping patterns at the moment

My psych gave me a prescription for sleeping tablets- something idk. 2mg.

I find tho after chatting to him about it, suddenly my sleep has kind of gotten better since. Instead of 4 hours a night, its 6 hours now. And one night a few days back i slept a solid 7+!

Im going to hold off from filling the script.

My psych gave me a prescription for sleeping tablets- something idk. 2mg.

I find tho after chatting to him about it, suddenly my sleep has kind of gotten better since. Instead of 4 hours a night, its 6 hours now. And one night a few days back i slept a solid 7+!

Im going to hold off from filling the script.

Nice. I took one Sunday night and had my first 7 hour unbroken sleep for probably 5 years.

Nice. I took one Sunday night and had my first 7 hour unbroken sleep for probably 5 years.

Did you have any side effects?

I remember taking my first ever one at a camp (im a light sleeper and was sharing a room with 8 ppl- guys and girls)- and woke up legit with one of the worst headaches in my life.

I've been reluctant to take them ever since.

Hmmm probs should have mentioned that to my psych.
/I ended up taking 3 panadols, and it barely took the edge off that headache.

I went down the beach before LD began (I had to drive back one day early). Went shopping, bought my mum and dad some nice dark chocolate raspberries. You (well I do) feel great giving small random gifts to ppl.

Re. gardening fu** that. I'd hate that hahahah. Im glad i dont have a garden to take care of. :sneaky:
my point was if you complete a task or feel like you get a few things done in a day you feel a lot better.

I remember taking my first ever one at a camp (im a light sleeper and was sharing a room with 8 ppl- guys and girls)- and woke up legit with one of the worst headaches in my life.

Its only an over the counter one so nothing too heavy in it. The active ingredient is used in cold and flu medicadtion so was just like taking a couple of those. Was drowsy for half an hour then good as gold. Not something ill take every night but once or twice a week should help

Im gonna look into melatonin next.

Took a whole pack once and slept for 3 days. And yet my partner at the time coulnd't have given the slightest flying *.

I always feel like I’m just a moment away from breaking down even when things are going good. My mind seems to be very fragile, hate that I hate myself, wish I could go back in time and change the things I’ve done that I hate myself for.

this is just a vent post for healing purposes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back