Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, its destiny. I found it quite boring. Did the first mission by myself because the other two idiots in the mission didn't advance past the wave point after the waves of enemies from the ship. Then played 2 crucible matches, but I don't really care for ppv side of things. I'll give the strike ago when I get a chance but it's done nothing for me yet. As expected though the gun play is great.

Well, its destiny. I found it quite boring. Did the first mission by myself because the other two idiots in the mission didn't advance past the wave point after the waves of enemies from the ship. Then played 2 crucible matches, but I don't really care for ppv side of things. I'll give the strike ago when I get a chance but it's done nothing for me yet. As expected though the gun play is great.

That 1st mission is single player, only that one section defending the waves is meant to have teammates.

That 1st mission is single player, only that one section defending the waves is meant to have teammates.
Haha really? That seems like an odd choice. That makes me sad, as I thought the reason I found it boring was because I was alone.

Haha really? That seems like an odd choice. That makes me sad, as I thought the reason I found it boring was because I was alone.

Found it odd too, can only assume that the story mission would be a breeze with a full fireteam, not sure if the D1 beta was the same with the first mission locking out fireteams?

Matchmaking in this scenario wouldn't be a good idea. Say some bloke playing the mission for the first time and wants to take his time. But then the 2 teammates he's matched have already completed it 6 times each and just rush through it, annoying the first time who just wants to chill.

campaign matchmaking should only be for daily heroics.

I managed to jump on last night in between commitments, and managed to do the first level. My thoughts:
-Visually, it looked brilliant.
-What an amazing improvement on story telling. In the sense of, there was actually story telling.
-Supers and abilities seemed to charge a hell of a lot slower.
-Love the new submachine gun
-Loved having a Hand Cannon as my secondary
-Grenade launchers seem fun, but they need a buff. Seemed to do minimal damage and had a small damage radius. I'd prefer less ammo for it, but be able to take out a small group of adds with a shot. Need to use it more though.
-Prediction: Hand Cannons will be first to be nerfed.
-I played as a Titan, and enjoyed the Sentinal super, but it will take some getting used to. It seems the Titan jump is a lot slower. Will probably need to play Titan with max agility to make it viable, otherwise they'll be as slow as tupperware getting Gjallarhorn.
-It was nice to see NPC Guardians in the first mission, and Cayde with his Golden Gun.
-A pretty hectic first mission that will hit you right in the feels for hardcore D1 players - they broke our bloody tower! But how awesome was it to be able to double jump and shoot s**t in the tower.
-Finally got to go through the big doors near the speaker.
-

I'll be back on tonight for a longer session. Looking forward to trying out the new PvP mode. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a lot of positives to come from the level design, characterisation, difficulty, enemy variety, clarity of weapon/armour strength and story elements.

Classes, though, seem very disappointing on first glance.

Agree with the first bit.

What is it about the classes you don't like? Too much of the same? Or is it more the sub-classes?

Agree with the first bit.

What is it about the classes you don't like? Too much of the same? Or is it more the sub-classes?
Sub-classes. Combination of them not introducing enough that feels overly new and the super nerfing that has left a lot of them situational at best and unusable at worst.

Sub-classes. Combination of them not introducing enough that feels overly new and the super nerfing that has left a lot of them situational at best and unusable at worst.
I've only played for a short time so far, so I don't know whether I agree or disagree at this stage. I only did the first mission and used the Sentinal titan, which seemed fun and a nice little change from a striker, while still keeping a familiar feel to a striker. One thing I did notice is that the super took too long to charge. Using the abilities is what makes the game fun, so if they restrict the use of said abilities, I think it will get a little boring. I think the cooldown on abilities needs a buff in PvE from what I've seen.

So you think the charge rate may be altered just for that mission?

I don't think so, the charge rates have definitely been reduced significantly with PvP in mind. Obviously we don't have any armour perks or anything to alter this at the moment but as it stands they seem to have shifted the balance too far the other way.

I don't think so, the charge rates have definitely been reduced significantly with PvP in mind. Obviously we don't have any armour perks or anything to alter this at the moment but as it stands they seem to have shifted the balance too far the other way.
Agreed. I don't think it would be as much of an issue in PvP, but the slow cooldown will definitely be an issue for PvE. In typical Destiny style, I'm sure we will be faced with repeating the same set of strikes over and over, and the only thing that made that bearable in D1 was supers. Imagine doing the Nexus Mind strike in the Black Garden with only one or two supers for the entire strike....

Agreed. I don't think it would be as much of an issue in PvP, but the slow cooldown will definitely be an issue for PvE. In typical Destiny style, I'm sure we will be faced with repeating the same set of strikes over and over, and the only thing that made that bearable in D1 was supers. Imagine doing the Nexus Mind strike in the Black Garden with only one or two supers for the entire strike....

Reddit community are predictably salty about it too
IHOdrEH.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back