Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Reddit community are predictably salty about it too
IHOdrEH.jpg
I think the last point is valid. Surely Bungie can balance PvP and PvE separately? Or would that create more issues?

I think the last point is valid. Surely Bungie can balance PvP and PvE separately? Or would that create more issues?

It's been an issue all through D1's lifespan, they have continually said their vision is for PvP and PvE to feel the same. The only instance I can think of when they swayed away from this was when shotguns got a massive PvE damage buff, which was later removed anyway.

I notice the super charge rate too, but im sure that will get tweaked for PvE.

I think the re-arrangement of the weapon types into what they are in D2 is what they are aiming for, bringing back a focus on 'primary' weapons, which is fair enough IMO.

Should still be 6v6 modes. Fair enough the focus on teamwork, but if you get matched up against a full fireteam, you'll get taken care of pretty quickly. Im glad the quests and books have forced me to get less than useless in PvP, but for a first timer to Destiny, wouldn't be keen jumping into PvP in D2 to start learning.

the 2 primary meta is amazing and exactly what destiny pvp required. Having a long range pulse/HC but then switching to my auto in CQB brings me back to the glory days of Bungie PVP.:thumbsu: This sort of my weapon management is what destiny needs; not flogs running around with shotty's and snipers off spawn.:thumbsdown:

Also 'prioritising PVP over PVE' in terms of weapons was absolutely the right move. ( i.e. 2 primary instead of primary + secondary + power. ) weapon/ability balance is the backbone of a good PVP experience imo whereas its not nearly as important for PVE.

list of things off the top of my head which are more important than weapons in PVE imo:
-Ai spawns, movement, and intelligence
-engaging and variable Level design
-interesting game play mechanics
-engaging and engrossing storyline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F*** PVP.
the easy availability of shotguns/snipers have been plaguing the crucible for years. excuse me for being happy that Bungie made a change that addressed the problem directly. and besides its not my fault Bungie have been too stubborn to balance PVE and PVP separately even though they definitely should.

and even then measures as simple as: drastically increasing power weapon spawn rates and super generation rates would fix most problems.

I reckon in time the quick play playlist will have CBMM whereas the competitive playlist will have ranked SBMM.

I hope so, especially if they give people stuff worth grinding competitive for.

I'm not so naive to think SBMM will be gone entirely, but I'd like it loosened up a lot more in quickplay playlists to keep the connection and match quality high.

I'm not so naive to think SBMM will be gone entirely, but I'd like it loosened up a lot more in quickplay playlists to keep the connection and match quality high.
Apparently they wont be ranks at launch bit theyre thinking about alts. Maybe Rocket league style divs might work?

A bit like AFL goalpost cameras, creating more problems if you can't implement it properly for its intended purpose. I'd rather get destroyed by a genuinely decent player rather than a red bar ghosting scrub.

Might be wrong but I don't think Bungie have ever given a decent answer for no dedicated servers.

Found it odd too, can only assume that the story mission would be a breeze with a full fireteam, not sure if the D1 beta was the same with the first mission locking out fireteams?
it's because of the story. Isn't it obvious?

The story is that you, The Guardian, goes on one last mission gets killed by Gary. Surely it would be a bit silly to think that there's 3 The Guardian's all suffering the same fate?

The rest of the story, when you are a brand new character, will be what we normally expect

I don't think so, the charge rates have definitely been reduced significantly with PvP in mind. Obviously we don't have any armour perks or anything to alter this at the moment but as it stands they seem to have shifted the balance too far the other way.
I know it's never been their philosophy to tune PvP and PvE differently but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did so to some degree here. Like, I know they'll drop more purple boxes as they've said, but given that nades and abilities do less damage and charge slower I wouldn't be surprised to see them tick faster in PvE when the game ships.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't too, so...

But I really am loving the feel of PvP now. It's great imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back