Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

why are my not liking the sunshot?:huh: haven't had problems with other top level HC's i.e. thorn,lord high fixer, eyasluna, etc. Just not clicking for me.
yeah I dunno. I haven't loved the other hand cannon. But Sunshot for me felt crisp as hell and you could spam fire it really fast without losing much accuracy, I found anyway.

I must admit, I too love the Nergel. Couldn't understand why the Nightshade was getting all the love instead

yeah I dunno. I haven't loved the other hand cannon. But Sunshot for me felt crisp as hell and you could spam fire it really fast without losing much accuracy, I found anyway.

I must admit, I too love the Nergel. Couldn't understand why the Nightshade was getting all the love instead
i don't like the better devils for pvp either (dont mind both for pve however)

Well, I must admit, I haven't used Nergel for PvP at all, nor Sunshot. But I did use Sunshot in the story mission and strike and I loved it. I might jump on the Hunter tonight and give Sunshot a go in PvP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I must admit, I haven't used Nergel for PvP at all, nor Sunshot. But I did use Sunshot in the story mission and strike and I loved it. I might jump on the Hunter tonight and give Sunshot a go in PvP.
I'll see you in there. Keen to get some final PvP before the last drought

^^ that is pretty awesome I reckon.

I'll be steering well clear of Reddit for a few weeks though. Want to discover the Lost Sectors on my own with my clan
yeah my friend should be picking up D2 on launch so we can check them out together.

unfortunately ill still have stupid uni work to do so he'll probably get ahead of me.:(

Both pulses are very good, but I think the reason the Nergal is getting overlooked is because there aren't many great options in the kinetic primary slot. It's basically the Scathelocke (Auto) & the Scout which are decent, but are ultimately outclassed by Nightshade. Whereas the energy slot has the better hand cannon (Minuet), SMG (for getting up close) so the Nergal gets a bit less love by virtue of there being other comparable options.

This lead to the Nightshade/Minuet being my preferred combo, even if I'm not sure which pulse is ultimately better.

Both pulses are very good, but I think the reason the Nergal is getting overlooked is because there aren't many great options in the kinetic primary slot. It's basically the Scathelocke (Auto) & the Scout which are decent, but are ultimately outclassed by Nightshade. Whereas the energy slot has the better hand cannon (Minuet), SMG (for getting up close) so the Nergal gets a bit less love by virtue of there being other comparable options.

This lead to the Nightshade/Minuet being my preferred combo, even if I'm not sure which pulse is ultimately better.
yeah that's very true. I don't think I even have Minuet? I can't remember using it. So when I was playing Warlock I would use Nergel in energy and run with Better Devils in kinetic - not that I particularly loved Better Devils but there really wasn't anything else I wanted to use in energy. I'll have to check re minuet, see if it's on another class or if I've just been unlucky in drops

EDIT: yeah I haven't played much Titan so that explains that, but would still like to get the drop

yeah that's very true. I don't think I even have Minuet? I can't remember using it. So when I was playing Warlock I would use Nergel in energy and run with Better Devils in kinetic - not that I particularly loved Better Devils but there really wasn't anything else I wanted to use in energy. I'll have to check re minuet, see if it's on another class or if I've just been unlucky in drops

EDIT: yeah I haven't played much Titan so that explains that, but would still like to get the drop

I've spent most of my time on Hunter (surprise surprise) and I don't know if it is handed to you or it's a drop. But it feels the crispiest of all of the hand cannons in the beta. Pulses are still superior given their range, but I do love the hand cannon for the rare situations which are 1v1 or you're getting closed in on.

I had to play on my Warlock to finally use that Fusion Rifle and my god that thing just shreds, whether they are in super or not. It's a honey badger, it doesn't give a f*ck.

Not sure what's up with Crucible tonight... seems like all the noobs are gone and it's only the experts left. Every game I've played tonight has resulted in a mercy from the other team.

Seems like there's also a few things Bungie need to fix. I was on low health earlier, and a titan shoulder charged me, somehow I survived but he died? Then I shoulder charged someone earlier when they had low health, they died but the kill never registered. Strange.

Last night in the Crucible I ran with Better Devils and Nergel. I could probably count on the fingers of one hand how many shots I took with Better Devils. Nergel is just so good in the Crucible.

Last night in the Crucible I ran with Better Devils and Nergel. I could probably count on the fingers of one hand how many shots I took with Better Devils. Nergel is just so good in the Crucible.
yeah man, last night I finally got Minuet to drop, and indeed it is a nice crispy hand cannon. But I couldn't be satisfied using Nightshade! It just has nothing on Nergel. So in the end I just went back to using Better Devils and Nergel. Nergel4lyfe that thing is awesome.

So having played the Beta, I think I'm going to main a voidwalker with a sentinel titan as my second choice. I enjoyed playing as a striker titan but I don't see it being all that useful in high end PVE, which will be my main focus. Hunters seem under-powered from my limited time with them.

Assuming Bungie doesn't nerf the Nergel before the full game is released, I could see myself running Needle/Nergel/rocket launcher in the crucible. Nergel for long range, Needle for short range engagements and the rocket launcher for power ammo (I can't snipe for love or money and shotguns are too situational in PVP given you need to load the power ammo before they become useful).

So having played the Beta, I think I'm going to main a voidwalker with a sentinel titan as my second choice. I enjoyed playing as a striker titan but I don't see it being all that useful in high end PVE, which will be my main focus. Hunters seem under-powered from my limited time with them.

Assuming Bungie doesn't nerf the Nergel before the full game is released, I could see myself running Needle/Nergel/rocket launcher in the crucible. Nergel for long range, Needle for short range engagements and the rocket launcher for power ammo (I can't snipe for love or money and shotguns are too situational in PVP given you need to load the power ammo before they become useful).
Needle??? Wow, haven't seen anyone anywhere extol the virtues of the sidearm archetype in D2 yet. More power to you, but I reckon they suck big hairy balls. As for power, I'm so certain they are going to nerf fusion rifles because I can't make a single argument for using anything else at this point. If they do need to make a change, I hope to god they just bring the ammo in line with linear fusions and shotties rather than nerfing the actual weapon, as that would be horrible and yet so damn bungo.

From my time with the beta I am leaning towards Warlock, and Dawnblade specifically. What I've found is that with the radar the way it is - where is much more difficult to tell whether your opponent is on your level, rather than above or below like you could in D1; I find the Warlock glide quite incredible to just sit above the enemy, perhaps come around the corner 3 stories up - because it almost invariably allows you to get the first few shots on target - or at least it does in my scrub skill level match-making. I absolutely love the Dawnblade dodge mechanic too, although I'm aware it's only in the top skill tree and the bottom one looks quite interesting too.

It's been an interesting process - I definitely haven't given Titan's a proper chance, not sure I even used Striker, and only used Sentinal a bit. I kind of regret not using Striker a bit more. The super seems very powerful. But the best bit is those ******* pulse grenades. Those things are OP AF in this game I reckon. Well, that's a bit of an overstatement, but wow they have some incredible utility. They remind me a bit of the old lightning grenade, for the simple fact that they seem to pulse almost immediately upon landing, and if you then don't get out of the AOE in double quick time you are absolutely ****ed. And they pulse for ages. I meant to try some of the other AOE nades too to see if they are also strong but kind of forgot.

I did like Hunter quite a lot, but I just can't get past the ability not being team-centric. It's my biggest gripe with D2. Surely abilities should be team focused, like the shield and the rift? Having it be just a weak shadestep on a super long cooldown - even with the reload or melee recharge - seems totally s**t, and more so in that it doesn't help your team mates one iota. This is magnified even more by the fact that Dawnblade has that midair dodge which is just as good, and available only on a 10s cooldown, and they still get the awesome healing rift (which I love so much once you work out it's limitations).

I tend to think that Hunter should have a nightstalker-like invisi-smoke ability. So you can make yourself and your team invisible. That would be way better; and maybe have the old shadestep on a skill tree a la the Dawnblade dodge. Or, even just not have it - whilst it's good it's just not a team thing.

Having said all of that, I really quite like the hunter strafe jump, and gunslinger seems pretty damn cool, and can't wait to try the other skill tree. Those swarm nades are really good in this game.

All in all I'm stoked about D2. I've loved the PvP so much this week, it feels so much better for me personally than D1 and I just can't wait to get into it and start getting real drops!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back