Did Mitch Robinson have a really Big Day Out ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How were the RHCP?

I am too old to stand around all day and watch 39 out of 40 acts I dont know.

I saw them in 07(?) at the music bowl and I think it was a far better set than then. Set list was alot better with more of their better known stuff and the sound quality was really good too (that might sound like something that should always be the case but at 08 Soundwave the main stage speakers didn't work).

Grinspoon and RHCP where the best I saw on the day.

Didn't he pick a fight with Michael Gardiner a couple of years back at a nightclub?

Yep! Michael Gardiner has a rep for being a massive massive knob of a bloke with a superiority complex and on this night, was apparently pushing in to the front of a taxi rank line. Mitch piped up and told him he knew who he was and should get to the back of the line like anyone else. It went from there.

I saw them in 07(?) at the music bowl and I think it was a far better set than then. Set list was alot better with more of their better known stuff and the sound quality was really good too (that might sound like something that should always be the case but at 08 Soundwave the main stage speakers didn't work).

Grinspoon and RHCP where the best I saw on the day.

Have liked since the late 80's but have only recently liked a lot after I read 'Scar Tissue'.

(Second best RnR read ever....the first was Motley Crue's 'The Dirt'.)

CFC STATEMENT REGARDING MITCH ROBINSON

Carlton player Mitch Robinson has spoken with Club officials this morning following his involvement in an incident at a musi...c festival on Saturday.

Robinson became involved in an altercation with a friend during the Big Day Out music festival after initially taking steps to prevent his friend's anti-social behaviour.

Immediately following the altercation Robinson left the festival of his own accord and contacted Club Officials.

Carlton General Manager of Football Operations Andrew McKay said Robinson should not have put himself in a position to be involved in such an incident.

"This type of behaviour, no matter what the circumstance, is not acceptable or in line with Club policy,” McKay said.
“Mitch is extremely remorseful and has accepted the Club's sanction.”

Robinson will complete two months of community service with the Salvation Army, working with the homeless and under-privileged in Melbourne’s CBD.

Additionally, Robinson will make a $1,000 donation to the Salvation Army.

The Club will make no further comment

If the story that's said is true then robbo shouldn't have got anything. I think it's due to his aggressive style of playing footy that's Hurt him which is a joke!
Does anyone have a link to the video ?

Did any of you even read this???

I'm not going back through this thread to delete the crap and ad hominem posts. Just take this post as the marker to stop.

You seriously need to pull your heads in and this is a family site as well and not everyone that reads BF is over 18 years old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So only a $1000 fine and a few hours of community service for getting pissed and punching on like a idiot almost straight after a team mate gets handed down a penalty for assault?!

Weak as piss Carlton.

It is funny how everyone there is reporting he wasn't drinking, and was in fact trying to prevent his friends from causing trouble ............ But hey, why let the facts get in the way of a good internet trolling ..........

Who gives a s**t whether he was in the wrong or otherwise? In the overall scheme of things it's a nothing event that's not worth reporting.

CFC STATEMENT REGARDING MITCH ROBINSON

Carlton General Manager of Football Operations Andrew McKay said Robinson should not have put himself in a position to be involved in such an incident.
What the hell does this mean? He shouldn't try to stop a friend from continuing their anti-social behaviour, or he shouldn't be out in public in the first place? Do they want or expect them all to be hermits, or what?

Didn't he also tweet during the day something along the lines of "hanging out with the loosest blokes"? Obviously not the sharpest tool. Hard to feel sorry for him.

What the hell does this mean? He shouldn't try to stop a friend from continuing their anti-social behaviour, or he shouldn't be out in public in the first place? Do they want or expect them all to be hermits, or what?

He shouldnt be getting into fights at the Big Day Out. If you dont understand that, youre stupider than Mitch Robinson.

Yep! Michael Gardiner has a rep for being a massive massive knob of a bloke with a superiority complex and on this night, was apparently pushing in to the front of a taxi rank line. Mitch piped up and told him he knew who he was and should get to the back of the line like anyone else. It went from there.

lol gee that Mitch is a ripping bloke and servant of the community....not sure that is how it happened!

lol gee that Mitch is a ripping bloke and servant of the community....not sure that is how it happened!

Take from it whatever you will, but that's apparently exactly what happened. Not the first time you'd hear stories of Gardiner doing this type of thing either. Heard from one guy that he was sitting outside a cafe in WA and Gardiner came along and literally commandeered the bloke's table with something like "yeah sorry pal, I'm gonna need this table".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back