Did We Write Off Hawthorn Too Soon?

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of their supporters are still talking about them being a top 4 side this year. Personally, I don't see it.

It’s taken the majority of our supporters 3-4 years, but they have finally come to the realisation that we are a 1% chance to play finals next season and that’s only if COVID strikes every other team...

Even our most optimistic supporters would believe we are a chance to win a maximum of 10 games next season , which would see us finish 10-12 range...

If I was a bookie I would set our win/loss line at 7.5 wins...

Patton can put off the opposition by randomly flashing them during the game, or trying to pull their boots off to suck their toes.

Brian Lake will come out of retirement, with the new work conditions on offer

A lot of their supporters are still talking about them being a top 4 side this year. Personally, I don't see it.
A lot? please show me these people... Most have us missing the 8 with some optimists saying best case scenario we might sneak in...

Please please actually show me lots of Hawk fans saying they think we will be top 4...

A lot? please show me these people... Most have us missing the 8 with some optimists saying best case scenario we might sneak in...

Please please actually show me lots of Hawk fans saying they think we will be top 4...
I actaully know a few FWIW.

All the Hawthorn supporters I know personally literally believe they'll be top 4 and think all their players are AA material - or don't bother watching. It's never in between. They flip flop between both extremes at very regular intervals.

They're by mile the biggest bandwagoners going around.

If you say it enough it must be true.
I'll wait with bated breath....

The consensus amongst hawthorn supporters on big footy is 100% "
missing the 8 with some optimists saying best case scenario we might sneak in..."

Even myself one of the more optimistic posters can't see us making the top 4, we just don't have the cattle.

All the Hawthorn supporters I know personally literally believe they'll be top 4 and think all their players are AA material - or don't bother watching. It's never in between. They flip flop between both extremes at very regular intervals.

I mean based off of a few people you know?

All clubs have delusional supporters and i have no doubt some Hawk fans think we are flag chances... Best to ignore them. The idea that 'lots' of Hawk fans think that is just flat out wrong.

I dont know what type of bandwagers you surrounded yourself with but personally I'm the most optimistic fan amoungst my friends...

And personally I can't see hawks making the 4 even if everything goes right we don't have the cattle. Well this year.....

When Essendon win a final in 2078 the bandwagon will be ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No arguments there
13 straight years of breaking previous membership records in 2019.

2020 was the first year in which we had less and that was still 76k only 5 less than the previous year despite covid.

Numbers disagree

2020 was the first year in which we had less and that was still 76k only 5 less than the previous year despite covid.

Numbers disagree
They don’t just disagree, they’re yelling loudly that Lavendar is talking crapola.

Numbers disagree
Give it time my friend😀

A few more years of bottom 4 finishes (a near certainty given where your list is at) and the brown and gold will be bleeding supporters and it ll then be back to counting their pet memberships in official figures in a vain attempt dispel their well earnt position as the leagues number 1 bandwagon supporters club

Last edited:
Give it time my friend😀

A few more years of bottom 4 finishes (a near certainty given where your list is at) and the brown and gold will be bleeding supporters and it ll then be back to counting their pet memberships in official figures in a vain attempt dispel their well earnt position as the leagues number 1 bandwagon supporters club

Hawthorn offer pet memberships? I couldn't find it.

Did find this though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back