Division of Indi - Mirabella / McGowan

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Continuing coverage of Mirrabella's troubles

ONE of Tony Abbott's closest allies is in "dire" trouble in her regional Victorian electorate, forcing senior Liberals to campaign on Sophie Mirabella's behalf in an attempt to head off a Nationals-backed independent.
Ms Mirabella is the Coalition's industry spokeswoman and one of the highest profile members of the frontbench, but she is facing a revolt in her northeastern Victorian electorate of Indi, which she holds with a margin of 9 per cent.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...re-for-mirabella/story-fn9qr68y-1226710079744

What a pity...

Apparently several senior Nationals figures have thrown their weight behind McGowan's campaign in Indi, in response to the Liberals' decision to run a candidate in Mallee. It has given her a lot of credibility with conservative voters.

Our (companies) lobbyists who are Liberal based (in expectation of election result)(NSW State committee members/ex ministers), stated that Mirabella is a waste of space who is unqualified for the job, Tony wants to get rid of her but he can't because

a) he has the perception of being "against" women
b) she's one of two women in the shadow cabinet
c) there's no other women on his side that is a logical replacement at this stage
d) he's stuck with her as a result

http://nofibs.com.au/2013/09/04/tactics-get-tough-mcgowans-orange-tide-threatens-mirabella-indi/

Reports started emerging on Saturday that sitting Liberal MP Sophie Mirabella, fighting to retain the seat of Indi, had shipped in over 20 Young Liberals from her alma mater, the University of Melbourne.

On Monday, her chief rival, independent Cathy McGowan reported dozens of her signs around Indi had been vandalised and stolen in the previous 24 hours. The vandals had entered private property and in one case they would have needed a ladder.

She's panicking, that's for sure.

She's an arrogant, small minded, polemicist who has paid scant attention to her electorate which is why she's in bother and why the Tories are having to bring out the big guns to save her. In some respects the Tories would be better off without her because she been one of the poorer performing shadow ministers. Really hope the voters of Indi give her the heave-ho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who watches Q&A?
Obviously not you, hence your errors on Big Footy.

If Mirabella goes I will be happy. Windsor says she's the worst person to deal with in parliament and I hate that mates of mine in her electorate actually vote for her if they want to vote Lib.

Obviously not you, hence your errors on Big Footy.

If Mirabella goes I will be happy. Windsor says she's the worst person to deal with in parliament and I hate that mates of mine in her electorate actually vote for her if they want to vote Lib.

I am not sure Q&A is healthy for democracy as it promotes 14 second sound bites.

oh, I would rather make mistakes than become a puppet of political spin. So what is your relationship with Labor?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back