Game Day Dockers vs. Crows Semi final 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the crows but if we had lost I would have been rooting for Freo to win next week. Now all I want to see is a non vict grand final. Crows vs Eagles.

I think that both our teams will be even stronger next season. Even if we are considered a "non top 4 side" just sit down and reflect on what both Freo and the Crows have achieved this year

Well it was the day after the night before where I nearly got kicked out of the Irish for having a dip at another person (he was asking for it) and really, the loss still hurts

We could've won it but really from midway through the second quarter, we were in trouble with fatigue. That was around the time that Adelaide started getting control of the game with short chip kicks and the like. To me watching on TV it didn't look like we had a Plan B as we just let them do it. Why didn't we go man-on-man for a bit and force errors from them?

Once the drop in workrate occurred, we were in deep trouble. Hill kicks that goal, something different happens. If Freo's defensive structures hold up, Silvangi doesn't get exposed by Taylor Walker. If McPharlin plays, Walker doesn't kick 5 goals and we win. If Mzungu gets that free kick in the last quarter (clear hold and then over the shoulder in 3 seconds) something different occurs.

The umpiring in the second half was absolutely putrid but despite everything, we fought the game out really well.

I'm proud of the boys though and there's a lot to like for 2013 :)

89, 92, 94, 95, 2008 ring a bell?
Ah Harry Reems, when Fremantle have played in as many Grand Finals, win or lose, as Geelong then you can make smart alec comments. When they have as many years in a major league-VFA/VFL/AFL, when they have as many consecutive wins, greatest scores, number of All Australians, number of Brownlow winners, Coleman medal winners oh and Norm Smiths then and only then. Until then some respect.

Ah Harry Reems, when Fremantle have played in as many Grand Finals, win or lose, as Geelong then you can make smart alec comments. When they have as many years in a major league-VFA/VFL/AFL, when they have as many consecutive wins, greatest scores, number of All Australians, number of Brownlow winners, Coleman medal winners oh and Norm Smiths then and only then. Until then some respect.

talking about respect.

You do realise what board you're on, right?

what a load of codswollop. Takeaway the VFA and the VFL. Then you can start to make your claims. Geelongs history in the AFL is not all that impressive. Some of the newer teams have a better record.

Terribly unlucky gents - was cheering you guys on.

I think Ross knew there wasn't much left in the tank after the powerful end to the season and the tremendous result at the 'G and went for broke, hoping to ice it and break Adelaide's back before you were out of gas. Another couple goals, maybe even just Hill's debacle of a double-point and I think you would have broken them.

Tremendous second half to the year from you guys. West Australia is rising, watch out 2013 - Freo v Eagles GF, injury gods permitting :thumbsu:

To the Fremantle supporters who posted on our site last week- Oh dear. Predictions of a Grand Final appearance were , well as they say, premature. Ha hahahahahah. To the rest you will be feeling disapointed this morning, we know how it feels.

red-card-300x199.jpg

Met some Freo supporters on the bus, was good to see some others. Disappointed about the result. The real momentum change for me was Pearce's dumb arse play in the middle of the ground when he intercepted a mark. I think we were 7pts up at that stage and on a roll.. and it cost us a goal. That is the type of play we need weeded out. Hopefully the likes of him and Mzungu won't be around next year in the best 22 and we'll be so much better for it.

Met some Freo supporters on the bus, was good to see some others. Disappointed about the result. The real momentum change for me was Pearce's dumb arse play in the middle of the ground when he intercepted a mark. I think we were 7pts up at that stage and on a roll.. and it cost us a goal. That is the type of play we need weeded out. Hopefully the likes of him and Mzungu won't be around next year in the best 22 and we'll be so much better for it.
I understand the frustration, i remember this moment clearly. But Mzungu and Pearce make up for their 'no talent' with the hardest guttiest running. They were everywhere and that's the sort of players Freo need to be successful. I have to disagree with you about them not being 22, maybe one of them in the 22 but that's a harsh call.

I understand the frustration, i remember this moment clearly. But Mzungu and Pearce make up for their 'no talent' with the hardest guttiest running. They were everywhere and that's the sort of players Freo need to be successful. I have to disagree with you about them not being 22, maybe one of them in the 22 but that's a harsh call.
Gutsy running is one thing, but if you don't have the ability to get the ball or use it properly and be composed, then you shouldn't be out there. Mzungu has been like this most of the year. He is such a floater, never puts any pressure on and can't stick a tackle. It irritates me that he still gets games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back