Review Dogs 118 Def Suns 56 - Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see us win a flag giving up a 7 goal quarter to the Gold campaigners without a ruck and their best player.
That we could not find intensity is understandable but the fact that we had no leadership on field imploring us to play tempo footy is a huge worry. It needs to addressed quick smart.

Williams injury is a worry and I'm very disappointed in some of the one way running of Smith.

Otherwise am jubilant with a good win but worried we are papering over some cracks.

Do we have a lot of American fans or something? I sat in front of a few at the game and now walking home I hear this whole family with American accents talking about the win.

Can't see us win a flag giving up a 7 goal quarter to the Gold campaigners without a ruck and their best player.
That we could not find intensity is understandable but the fact that we had no leadership on field imploring us to play tempo footy is a huge worry. It needs to addressed quick smart.

Williams injury is a worry and I'm very disappointed in some of the one way running of Smith.

Otherwise am jubilant with a good win but worried we are papering over some cracks.
We really haven't played a good team yet is the problem. West Coast and Brisbane you could argue, but Brisbane I don't rate and West Coast seem to struggle at docklands.

Disagree. We should be disappointed with that effort. We should’ve beat that team by twice that margin.

should have but didn’t. I won’t lose any sleep over a 10 goal win. We’ve seen many occasions in the past where big leads have been dropped for 20-30 point wins. There will be hiccups along the way and there’s still a lot of improvement to come.

Good win, ordinary second half but when we're on it's scary good.

Sweet showed up Bevo for not debuting him last year. Clearly would have been capable of making an impact earlier, good first hitout.

Sweet wasn’t the player 12mths ago that he currently is. Ridiculous to think otherwise.

That's two games this season now where we've dropped off substantially in the third quarter (the West Coast game being the other). Not quite a trend, but something I hope the coaching group would be keeping an eye on.

Hilarious to think people are so worried about our premiership credentials right now. Our round 5 form is irrelevant in September. The only thing that matters is banking the four points and the percentage so we get there. This win gets us closer to a top four finish. Geelong and Tigers have both dropped a couple but neither Dimma nor Scott are fazed at all because they know that flags aren't given out in April.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we have a lot of American fans or something? I sat in front of a few at the game and now walking home I hear this whole family with American accents talking about the win.
We multiply like Covid cases in New York. :)

I'm still really angry about that free against Macrae. I forgive the umpires for getting it wrong fairly often because it's a hard game to umpire. But to make up rules on the spot? I'm sorry but that unforgivable.

Jackson has been ducking under tackles literally for years now. It's a big part of his game. He's not trying to draw a free; he doesn't stop and wait for the whistle. He does it to make himself hard to tackle so he can get a clean handball away (which he did in this instance). And he is well within his rights to do that. There's no such thing as paying a free against for "ducking". If you want to call him putting his head down relinquishing his prior then fine, that's fair, but he's disposing of the ball legally.

I don't give a sh*t that we played poorly for a quarter. It was a good game to have our drop off. But fu** the game is hard to watch when the umpires don't even know the rules. And don't get me started on goal reviews. Max Barry wrote a fantastic blog article on how they destroy the suspense of the game.
I was near the incident. I thought he originally gave Macrae the free kick, then overturned it after Macrae said something he didn’t like. I’m not sure that’s the case...but that’s what it looked like to me.

We wear their national colours, not surprised if so.

Edit: Dani Marshall is an American who plays in our AFLW team. Maybe her family?

Very disappointing when umpiring decisions are clearly based on sympathy.

Ridiculous decisions after half time. We should demand a review on some of those decisions

Good win, first time since 1947 winning the first five

Flags arent won in april, lets hope we stayminjury free

Remove this Banner Ad

Back