Review Dogs win in a heart stopper over the Suns : 51-46 - Rd 8, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon heā€™s spooked. That last kick just screamed ā€œdonā€™t stuff it up donā€™t stuff it up donā€™t stuff it up donā€™t stuff it up F&$*!ā€.

Was our leading goal kicker two years ago and canā€™t buy a goal.
Has the knack of stuffing up the most straightforward plays at crucial times. Does he offer enough otherwise to allow us to put up with that? I think not.

Gowers is energetic and tries when we are in attack.....or he is manning the mark. Name a solid defensive effort from Gowers? Ever?

Understand it is not his fault he gets picked but to think that bloke cost us one of the best recruiters in the league just rubs salt into the wound.
Did he? I didnā€™t know that. How so?

Got it, thanks. Thought it might have been the McCartney story. Love to know who the overlooked player was.

Ben Sloan
27/8/99
189cm/80kg
Mt Gravatt/Redland
Defender

"Ben's a good mark and good kick, and at his size can be used in a few different spots. He'll play half-back for the Brisbane Lions academy, but he can also play on the wing or across half-forward, so he really has that versatility to move around wherever he's needed."

Ben Sloan
27/8/99
189cm/80kg
Mt Gravatt/Redland
Defender

"Ben's a good mark and good kick, and at his size can be used in a few different spots. He'll play half-back for the Brisbane Lions academy, but he can also play on the wing or across half-forward, so he really has that versatility to move around wherever he's needed."
What happened to him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? I love Ellie Blackburn and agree, she is an absolute star of the game. You've made completely the wrong inference here, I'm afraid.
No you have mad the wrong inference as you used a female footballer to denigrate the Bulldogs match c'ttee's choices.....think about it!!!....this is exactly the type of language that requires changing

No you have mad the wrong inference as you used a female footballer to denigrate the Bulldogs match c'ttee's choices.....think about it!!!....this is exactly the type of language that requires changing
I think he meant choosing someone totally unexpected, rather than ā€œjust a gurrrlā€. At least she is a footballer at our club, even if ineligible for selection.

If it wasnā€™t the alleged incident involving the drafting of Gowers, why is it that a contracted Dalrymple left the Dogs exactly?
Because he didn't get the job as General Manager of List Management and Recruitment that went to Sam Power. McCartney and Dalrymple were peers. Both thought they should get the job, but neither did so they both left. Apparently the way they behaved towards each other (i.e. not talking to each other) didn't go down well with the powers that be. The powers that be were totally fine with them both leaving.

Gowers recruitment had nothing to do with Dalrymple leaving. Coaches and recruiters get overruled all the time on list management decisions.

=
Because he didn't get the job as General Manager of List Management and Recruitment that went to Sam Power. McCartney and Dalrymple were peers. Both thought they should get the job, but neither did so they both left. Apparently the way they behaved towards each other (i.e. not talking to each other) didn't go down well with the powers that be.

Gowers recruitment had nothing to do with Dalrymple leaving. Coaches and recruiters get overruled all the time.
Didn't Dalrymple leave during the Beveridge era?
If so, how does that work?
After Power arrived was Dalrymple just waiting for a suitable trigger to walk out, which just happened to be the Gowers selection?
Or were there also "differences" with Bevo?

Also are you saying McCartney left because of the Power appointment, not from the cumulative pressure arising from his man-management failings and Griffen's departure?

=

Didn't Dalrymple leave during the Beveridge era?
If so, how does that work?
After Power arrived was Dalrymple just waiting for a suitable trigger to walk out, which just happened to be the Gowers selection?
Or were there also "differences" with Bevo?

Also are you saying McCartney left because of the Power appointment, not from the cumulative pressure arising from his man-management failings and Griffen's departure?
No doubt all of the above contributed. However, the suitable trigger would have been not getting the GM of List Management and Recruiting which he probably felt like he was entitled to after the club won the premiership.

All list management decisions have to be signed off by the Head of Football. Sometimes the list manager wins, sometimes the coach. There were examples under Rocket's era where he didn't get what he want because the list manager won the day. Gowers selection is being incorrectly touted as the trigger when it was a minor issue.

Because he didn't get the job as General Manager of List Management and Recruitment that went to Sam Power. McCartney and Dalrymple were peers. Both thought they should get the job, but neither did so they both left. Apparently the way they behaved towards each other (i.e. not talking to each other) didn't go down well with the powers that be. The powers that be were totally fine with them both leaving.

Gowers recruitment had nothing to do with Dalrymple leaving. Coaches and recruiters get overruled all the time on list management decisions.

So the Gowers thing is tin-foil hat but this whole scenario you put forward including rumour, dissent, faceless men and questionable timelines should be taken as gospel?

So the Gowers thing is tin-foil hat but this whole scenario you put forward including rumour, dissent, faceless men and questionable timelines should be taken as gospel?
There is nothing faceless about who wields power at the club. Peter Gordon, Ameet Bains, Chris Grant and one or two others.

The poor relationship between Dalrymple and JMac was not a secret, it had been spoken about in the media. I heard Caro talk about it at the time.

Gold Coast Suns v Western Bulldogs
10 ā€“ Jack Macrae (WB)
4 ā€“ Alex Keath (WB)
4 ā€“ Jarrod Witts (GC)
3 ā€“ Bailey Smith (WB)
3 ā€“ Hayden Crozier (WB)
3 ā€“ Touk Miller (GC)
2 ā€“ Sam Collins (GC)
1 ā€“ Caleb Daniel (WB)

interesting, thought Crozier would have racked up more than 3 votes

Gold Coast Suns v Western Bulldogs
10 ā€“ Jack Macrae (WB)
4 ā€“ Alex Keath (WB)
4 ā€“ Jarrod Witts (GC)
3 ā€“ Bailey Smith (WB)
3 ā€“ Hayden Crozier (WB)
3 ā€“ Touk Miller (GC)
2 ā€“ Sam Collins (GC)
1 ā€“ Caleb Daniel (WB)
Dew gives Witts 4 votes for his defensive job on Timmy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back