Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could the mods please grant TG permission to have his very own personal thoughts thread?! Then ban him from this one?!
Lol what? He's posted once in this thread and said how he enjoys the olympics...

It's only a matter of time... :smilingimp:
From some of the weird ass posts so far, he can't do much worse :$:$:$

Looking forward to the Boomers in the morning. Anyone here watching?

Lol what? He's posted once in this thread and said how he enjoys the olympics...
I thought someone might say that! Firstly, I really was just having a bit of fun, I think we all know that TG likes having a bit of fun himself at our expense. He did have a couple of other posts just prior to the Olympics one, and they were on a subject that he does tend to bring up pretty often!! They disappeared, presumably not his doing, it certainly wasn't my intention to get them removed, because, as I said, I was just having fun.

From some of the weird ass posts so far, he can't do much worse :$:$:$

Looking forward to the Boomers in the morning. Anyone here watching?

I'll be watching Man Utd vs Southampton and then the Boomers vs Serbia game straight after.

Gonna be a great start to my Saturday morning if they both get the win, otherwise it'll just be a long day with no sleep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be watching Man Utd vs Southampton and then the Boomers vs Serbia game straight after.

Gonna be a great start to my Saturday morning if they both get the win, otherwise it'll just be a long day with no sleep.
Shouldn't you be sleeping now?? :p

FWIW precisely the reason why I'm still up! Pogba debut (again), first home game of the season, I'm expecting a good result, and will worry about the lack of sleep another day.

FWIW precisely the reason why I'm still up! Pogba debut (again), first home game of the season, I'm expecting a good result, and will worry about the lack of sleep another day.

Can't believe he is starting. He's finally back!
Feeling we'll win this 2-0. Looking for a less lethargic display from Rooney, he was pretty bad last week.

Can't believe he is starting. He's finally back!
Feeling we'll win this 2-0. Looking for a less lethargic display from Rooney, he was pretty bad last week.
I'm really confident we'll win. Rooney has been copping a lot of sh** lately, perhaps reasonably deserved. I thought he was looking okay in the new midfield role he was playing late last season, obviously Mourinho still wants him playing closer to goal. We've got plenty of options all over the park now (I still wanted one more defender and another forward), but even superstars could miss selection if they're not performing.

If Pogba is an instant hit, and Ibrahimovic can snare another goal or even play well, I will be a very happy fella (as long as we win)! The club has been given a much needed shot in the arm with this manager coming in, he at least has the right sort of clout to have got us the players we need to get us back in the race. If we can get good enough results in the early part of the season while the new look team is getting to know one another, we should be in with a fair chance of success.

I'm really confident we'll win. Rooney has been copping a lot of sh** lately, perhaps reasonably deserved. I thought he was looking okay in the new midfield role he was playing late last season, obviously Mourinho still wants him playing closer to goal. We've got plenty of options all over the park now (I still wanted one more defender and another forward), but even superstars could miss selection if they're not performing.

If Pogba is an instant hit, and Ibrahimovic can snare another goal or even play well, I will be a very happy fella (as long as we win)! The club has been given a much needed shot in the arm with this manager coming in, he at least has the right sort of clout to have got us the players we need to get us back in the race. If we can get good enough results in the early part of the season while the new look team is getting to know one another, we should be in with a fair chance of success.

No fancy words here, Rooney was awful last week. There was a video I saw on reddit pointing out all the mistakes he made and I know if you point out any players mistakes he's gonna look bad but this video was a fair bit long and it just showed him doing silly things like going deep into midfield when the team is pushing forward, making the wrong runs, and just looking lethargic and generally slow. I don't understand how Zlatan can return this season, be 4 years older than Rooney and maintain the body and fitness of a ******* god and yet Rooney looks like he's been downing jugs of beer all summer. I hope for his sake that he regains some of his fitness soon because his speed really limited our attacking options last week. I still think he's a very smart footballer and obviously a legend but he shouldn't be aging this quickly.

I think we'll win the league this year, a lot of supporters I've been speaking to are playing down our chances saying that we should only expect a CL qualification but I think that we all need to take a step back for a second and realize who the bloody hell we are. Manchester United, winning is in our DNA, we're accustomed to it, up until the last 3 years we've known nothing but how to win titles and now suddenly a lot of us have gone into our shells shitting themselves at the thought of playing City/Arsenal/Liverpool this year. The last 3 years should never have happened in the first place but as you said, the right man is in charge now.

I'm feeling bloody confident about this year, hopefully the team shares my confidence.

Good thread.

Missed my chance to post on the TD/Loyd thread so here goes. Thought the ethical dilemma underlying the issue was joking or commenting about people on a public forum, whether that be tv, social media or whatever. Historically joking about an other was fair game but in a world where everyone, including children, can have their commentary publicised and the impact can be lethal this must change. The individuals at the brunt of the jokes do not have to toughen up, the jokers need to shut up. Seems sad this is our world to old farts like me but ultimately I am sure we will find less harmful ways to have a laugh.

No fancy words here, Rooney was awful last week. There was a video I saw on reddit pointing out all the mistakes he made and I know if you point out any players mistakes he's gonna look bad but this video was a fair bit long and it just showed him doing silly things like going deep into midfield when the team is pushing forward, making the wrong runs, and just looking lethargic and generally slow. I don't understand how Zlatan can return this season, be 4 years older than Rooney and maintain the body and fitness of a ******* god and yet Rooney looks like he's been downing jugs of beer all summer. I hope for his sake that he regains some of his fitness soon because his speed really limited our attacking options last week. I still think he's a very smart footballer and obviously a legend but he shouldn't be aging this quickly.

I think we'll win the league this year, a lot of supporters I've been speaking to are playing down our chances saying that we should only expect a CL qualification but I think that we all need to take a step back for a second and realize who the bloody hell we are. Manchester United, winning is in our DNA, we're accustomed to it, up until the last 3 years we've known nothing but how to win titles and now suddenly a lot of us have gone into our shells shitting themselves at the thought of playing City/Arsenal/Liverpool this year. The last 3 years should never have happened in the first place but as you said, the right man is in charge now.

I'm feeling bloody confident about this year, hopefully the team shares my confidence.
I think we can be a real chance. Man. City I think should be classed as the team to beat (I presume they are?), as they've done very well in the transfer market. I'd have really liked Gundogan, they got him for a decent price. Chelsea are bound to be much improved, Arsenal as usual will probably be around the mark without being anywhere near good enough to actually win it, Liverpool I think will be no real threat, as usual.

I think we can be a real chance. Man. City I think should be classed as the team to beat (I presume they are?), as they've done very well in the transfer market. I'd have really liked Gundogan, they got him for a decent price. Chelsea are bound to be much improved, Arsenal as usual will probably be around the mark without being anywhere near good enough, Liverpool I think will be no real threat, as usual.

I think City are almost guaranteed to be up there. Gundogan has real talent but his injury issues run deep. If he can stay fit he will be good for them.

Chelsea are the dark horses this year, they're the ones I forgot about. Expect them to bounce back with Conte in charge.

One thing I noticed from watching British Sky Sports coverage, they love betting even more than us.

You know the world's ****ed when such dangerous activities are getting pushed in the face of the young and vulnerable multiple times on a half-hourly basis.

One thing I noticed from watching British Sky Sports coverage, they love betting even more than us.

You know the world's stuffed when such dangerous activities are getting pushed in the face of the young and vulnerable multiple times on a half-hourly basis.
I do agree. And right on cue, there's another such ad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back