Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just saw an article on rupertnews that said something about bill gates and his naked pool parties..... i had a mental image...

sorry if any of you were eating...

How good is footy when ya team win and Carlton are copping s**t in the media? 😂 Kane Cornes is ripping in on Footy Classified right now haha

Gee it is hard not to forgive Eddie for his mis-steps after watching him on 360 and Footy Classified last night. He bleeds Black and White.
(You can take the kid out of Broady but not Broady out of the kid).

There haven't been many Collingwood people that I have written off and then forgiven but a one is a standout.

MM (I despise him).

After moving house, I am finally getting around to opening the rest of packed boxes. I came across this envelope. Which was found in my old house and decided to do some research. The letter was to a company that supplied parts for milking machines in King St. Melbourne and it seems like they were sent the wrong part. Imagine a company that sold these parts in King Street in 1914.

2021-06-17_134941.jpg 2021-06-17_134835.jpg 2021-06-17_135819.jpg

Korong Vale is a town in north western Victoria. The town is in the Shire of Loddon, 232 kilometres (144 mi) north west of the state capital of Melbourne. At the 2016 census, Korong Vale had a population of 168.

I feel that my club is going through a major change or shift. It was very sad to see Bucks leave but I know it was right and I feel that it was the best thing for him to step away. My support for this club and all you people goes back a long way, I did not choose to support this club nor did my dad, we were born to support the pies. My son supports this club. To all you loyal pies mob, we have had our hearts ripped out this week but will be stronger for it. I feel really positive for the future and know we are up for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel that my club is going through a major change or shift. It was very sad to see Bucks leave but I know it was right and I feel that it was the best thing for him to step away. My support for this club and all you people goes back a long way, I did not choose to support this club nor did my dad, we were born to support the pies. My son supports this club. To all you loyal pies mob, we have had our hearts ripped out this week but will be stronger for it. I feel really positive for the future and know we are up for it.
I admire your optimism but have difficulty sharing it. When the season's best win is tempered by the year's loss of our best player, while another damages his hand, I just feel the steady march towards mediocrity gathering pace. The year and its lead up have been disastrous for this club and events have considerably set the playing list back while age is catching up on our stars. Supporting the club over the next few years is not so much going to be about working and hoping for premierships but watching young players progress or fall short of expectations, while resigning ourselves to a spot in the lower half of the ladder.

I admire your optimism but have difficulty sharing it. When the season's best win is tempered by the year's loss of our best player, while another damages his hand, I just feel the steady march towards mediocrity gathering pace. The year and its lead up have been disastrous for this club and events have considerably set the playing list back while age is catching up on our stars. Supporting the club over the next few years is not so much going to be about working and hoping for premierships but watching young players progress or fall short of expectations, while resigning ourselves to a spot in the lower half of the ladder.
I am happy with not having high expectations because any victory is more pleasurable. When i expect something and it doesn't happen is when i crack the shits. I also like watching the kids develop as I need a replacement for a favourite player when Pendles goes!

I am happy with not having high expectations because any victory is more pleasurable. When i expect something and it doesn't happen is when i crack the shits. I also like watching the kids develop as I need a replacement for a favourite player when Pendles goes!
I am not unlike you. Despite my overall pessimism, I never really seriously consider our chances of winning prior to a game, but look forward each week to games, and never miss viewing one at the ground or on the TV. I like watching the young guys develop (or not), particularly in situations like this year where a star missing for the season or part thereof doesn't really matter in the bigger scheme of things given our certainty to miss the finals.

I am not unlike you. Despite my overall pessimism, I never really seriously consider our chances of winning prior to a game, but look forward each week to games, and never miss viewing one at the ground or on the TV. I like watching the young guys develop (or not), particularly in situations like this year where a star missing for the season or part thereof doesn't really matter in the bigger scheme of things given our certainty to miss the finals.
sometimes lower expectations are more enjoyable because its less stressful!

well, i wont disagree with your view and i understand your pessimism but my positivity is with the knowledge that we will bottom out and rebound. that's the exciting part, watching the new talent emerge.
how many of these cycles have we been through? this is just the latest and yet another without the silverware to make it more bearable.
this year is toast so I'll attempt to maintain a sense of humour from now on.

I have moments where I want to return to posting here regularly but with the tumultuous state of all things Collingwood at the moment I'm not sure if I have the energy. Kudos to all the people on here that consistently post for years and years at a time, no idea how you do it without going stir crazy but it's appreciated from an off again/on again lurker. It's always nice to see old names pop up from time to time.

In the long ago times, Collingwood was hardly a contender and I used to love watching S. Pendlebury and D. Thomas.

It was hard not to love Daisy, long before some god of football brilliance possessed him in 2010 and took him to Olympus, long before darker forces infested his soul and turned him into a Gollum. He was a smartarse kid playing great footy and I had a fine time watching him leap, bounce and run as we marched back up the ladder.

None of our prospects at the moment look like they have the same overflow of talent, but they do seem like important pieces of better days.

Most times, when the Pies win, I feel happy for me. Watching first and second-year players after the Adelaide game and the Queen's Birthday win, I can't help but also feel happy for them, which only happens when the team is pushing s**t uphill.

Two days ago I received a letter from NAB, advising that they were to refund $67 to my credit card. This was due to an error they made in 2010. Yep 2010.

I’m scratching my head about this - 11 years to identify the error? WTF? What other errors might be out there?

The error was due to a link with another of my accounts (it’s a bit complicated).

Today, $67 was credited to my card. Better late than never I guess.

Two days ago I received a letter from NAB, advising that they were to refund $67 to my credit card. This was due to an error they made in 2010. Yep 2010.

I’m scratching my head about this - 11 years to identify the error? WTF? What other errors might be out there?

The error was due to a link with another of my accounts (it’s a bit complicated).

$67 dollars to splurge on pineapples :)

That reminds me of a time in 2014 when Simply Energy sent me a letter saying they had been "conducting Billing Health Checks" for my business accounts and over a two year period we had been overcharged $37,000 for electricity...

That reminds me of a time in 2014 when Simply Energy sent me a letter saying they had been "conducting Billing Health Checks" for my business accounts and over a two year period we had been overcharged $37,000 for electricity...

Can we swap refunds?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back