Injury Dougie The Pizza boy six weeks from a delivery

Remove this Banner Ad

For example, in 2005 on the Melbourne (Australia) edition of The Footy Show, AFL footballer Robert Harvey apparently described how he jumped off a table onto his plantar fascia to try to rupture it. A 2005 report in the Melbourne newspaper, The Age, at the time reported this (the story is no longer available at The Age):

Harvey floor-banger: don't try this at home
Do-it-yourself treatment carries a not-recommended tag. Peter Brukner reports.
Robert Harvey's rather drastic action to "cure" his plantar fascia problem, described so graphically on Thursday's Footy Show, was not so crazy as it sounded...In those athletes who fail to respond to this treatment program, surgery might be performed to "release" the tendon and reduce the tension...It seems that Harvey had a part tear in the middle of his plantar fascia and performed his own "release" and created a full tear. While there is some initial pain and swelling associated with the tear, the tension is released and the pain significantly reduced ... While it might have worked in Harvey's case, I would not recommend everyone with a sore heel jumping off chairs to solve the problem.

http://podiapaedia.org/wiki/orthopa...of-plantar-fascia-to-treat-plantar-fasciitis/
Oh. Well.....Wrong again! Thanks RTW.

It sucks for Dougie, but he has been poor for a couple of games trying to carry it. Gives someone who is 100% a chance to come in and contribute to the TEAM :)

Let's hope that Dougie can get his good form back on his return and help chop up and be another headache for the opposition coaches

Not such a bad thing in my view. We do get to see some of those who've been killing it in the SANFL now - perfect time to get Crouch, Grigg and The Kedge back in and see what they've got.

On a lighter note I did have a chuckle at the comment "Douglas was able to play out the game against Port Adelaide on Sunday but has a strained plantar fascia, which is the thick connective tissue that supports the arch on the bottom of the foot when he fell over trying to avoid a tackle" - LOL...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back