Draft Discussion - The Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Draft Discussion

Pick 6: Chris Masten
Pick 23: Patrick Dangerfield
Pick 39: Craig Bird
Pick 55: Darcy Daniher
Pick 71: Chris Kangars

I don't really know... :confused: Some may be out of place in the draft. What I do know is that we need a good mix of inside mids and defenders. I'm not really sure which pick we will need to secure Daniher either. I wouldn't be opposed to securing another 2nd round pick either.

Re: Draft Discussion

Pick 23: Patrick Dangerfield
Pick 39: Craig Bird
Pick 55: Darcy Daniher
Pick 71: Chris Kangars

I don't really know... :confused: Some may be out of place in the draft. What I do know is that we need a good mix of inside mids and defenders. I'm not really sure which pick we will need to secure Daniher either. I wouldn't be opposed to securing another 2nd round pick either.

Im not entirely sure, but i think he might be headed to Sydney under the apprenticeship program..

Just wondering wat u guys no about aerosmith and wat he'd b worth. He was on fire for calder cannons in the tac grand final, and they were saying on the radio that he was one to look out for. Where will he go should we get him seeing as how most good defenders start out as forwards!

Just wondering wat u guys no about aerosmith and wat he'd b worth. He was on fire for calder cannons in the tac grand final, and they were saying on the radio that he was one to look out for. Where will he go should we get him seeing as how most good defenders start out as forwards!

LOL.

I think you mean Arrowsmith.

Scott Selwood is barely worth a second round draft pick. If you havent watched TAC or colts footy please dont go by surnames.
I hope Knights talk about a tall running defender was not meaning we would use pick six on a tall. The only player who remotely meets that description is David Myer from WA. I would prefer a blue chip midfielder.

The way he spoke, it sounded more like he wanted to secure one in trade week or the PSD.

LOL.

I think you mean Arrowsmith.

I was just about to tell him to walk this way...

Pretty good band, but a bit old for the draft wouldnt you say ;)

Seriously though, Im not to sure about him other than he was named in the TAC cup best 22 and he was best on ground in the TAC cup final. Other than that, I dont think he's too highly rated. maybe a thrid or fourth round pick.

What do you guys think about taking a punt with Scott Selwood as our pick6. Now I love Ebert and would love him as well, but at least you know you are getting a solid player as all the Selwood's have been damn good, and Scott is MEANT to be better than Joel! Thoughts?

They discussed this on Footy Confidential a few weeks back. They all speculated that the youngest Selwood was the best of the lot... Wayne Carey added his usual, insightful comment that "the youngest brother is always the stand out".

I immediately thought of Chris Daniher. He was a standout brother, but probably not in the direction Wayne meant. :rolleyes:

I really hope the goose flaps off into the media sunset this year.

But back onto the topic... even if he's equal to the other Selwood's, he'd be a great pick up. Hard to go past Masten or Ebert with pick 6 though.

Pick 23: Levi Greenwood
Pick 39: Darcy Dainher
Pick 55: Lachie Hill
Pick 71: Ashley Hockey

If this happens... Ill be the happiest person alive

They discussed this on Footy Confidential a few weeks back. They all speculated that the youngest Selwood was the best of the lot... Wayne Carey added his usual, insightful comment that "the youngest brother is always the stand out".

I immediately thought of Chris Daniher. He was a standout brother, but probably not in the direction Wayne meant. :rolleyes:

I really hope the goose flaps off into the media sunset this year.

But back onto the topic... even if he's equal to the other Selwood's, he'd be a great pick up. Hard to go past Masten or Ebert with pick 6 though.

IIRC Caro said something like 'apparently the Selwood's the best one' and then Wayne said 'yeh the youngest is always the standout'. I thought he was taking the piss at Caro, rather than trying to be insightful.

Ok, so is he worth a pick 6 or not? He is underaged remember. I recon at least we know we will get a decent player in Selwood. Consider he won't be there in our 2nd round pick, so to get him we'd have to take a punt on him.
Firstly, no he isnt worth pick 6 unless he shows some unexpected physical prowess at draft camp and even then it would be a big stretch.

To be honest, this whole "three good brothers means the fourth must be good also" stuff is starting to bug me. Just because Terry/Anthony/Neale Danniher were all fantastic or solid players didnt make Chris Danniher any less shite did it?

scott isn't as good as joel was at this age.. not close.. joel was easily the standout through juniors and tac cup.. that said scott started playing football a lot later than his brothers (he played basketball as a youngster) so its probably fair to hazard a guess he has improvement in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iv'e been reading up on Tate Pears, and the reviews on this good are pretty good and he sounds like the kind of player we should go for with our 2nd pick.
Tayte Pears (Key Def)

A shining light in the WA defence locking down CHB and spoiling everything that came his way and being very comfortable in a WA back-6 that looked to pass, run and switch the ball. 192cm and bottom-aged hints at room for improvement. He was heavily coached by his compadres so will need
to get a little wiser about his positioning - but a superb championships will see him project as an AFL CHB or FB.
Tate Pears-192cm, 90kg-East Perth-(CHB/HBF). Played at CHB for WA in the champs and played well. Like Collier is probably a bit short of the prototype CHB but he simply gets the job done. Plays tight but knows when to run off. Like his team mates he gave WA great run from defence. He has shown he can spoil well and has played forward at times with East Perth colts and kicked a goal.
Pick 15 to 40.

we would be ignorant to pass up on mastern or ebert. we can afford to pass on rance as we could get a collier, pears or myer with our 2nd round pick.

our weakness is our midfield. it's the most important part of a team. we need to solidify our midfield first. we'll be getting daniher anyway.

we would be ignorant to pass up on mastern or ebert. we can afford to pass on rance as we could get a collier, pears or myer with our 2nd round pick.

our weakness is our midfield. it's the most important part of a team. we need to solidify our midfield first. we'll be getting daniher anyway.
I agree with us getting a midfielder, but i don't think Daniher is a very good prospect that we should rely on for the future, for some reason i get the feeling he'd be a similar backman to Lee. Hulld im pretty sure you would have seen him, would he be a similar backman to Lee? eg. not very mobile, not very quick ect.

What do you guys think about taking a punt with Scott Selwood as our pick6. Now I love Ebert and would love him as well, but at least you know you are getting a solid player as all the Selwood's have been damn good, and Scott is MEANT to be better than Joel! Thoughts?

Sellwood is not a top 15 pick. He is not better than Joel and it is debateable if he is as good as Adam or Troy.

pick 6 Ebert,
23 Maric classy Grant like good finisher
24 Pears on traded by Freo for bradley or maybe Drum straight swap
39 Daniher
49 Thompson Fm Geel vfl on traded by Port for M Johnno
55 Kangars, Otten both 192+ and good runners

This I think would be a good out come
If there was someway we could pick up Prismall in the PSD things would be looking ok

well hmm
what we need in our team is
- a CLASS Ruckmen (sorta)
- Midfielders(pace )
- and some defenders and attacckers to fill the lloyd, lucas, fletcher, michael void when they leave

well hmm
what we need in our team is
- a CLASS Ruckmen (sorta)
- Midfielders(pace )
- and some defenders and attacckers to fill the lloyd, lucas, fletcher, michael void when they leave

I dont see any class ruckmen in the draft
getting Maric would put quality skills in the fwd line and jetta could go mid
Daniher, Pears and Kangars are all defenders.
I think we have enough fwds on our list.

I dont see any class ruckmen in the draft
getting Maric would put quality skills in the fwd line and jetta could go mid
Daniher, Pears and Kangars are all defenders.
I think we have enough fwds on our list.
we need another lloydy though. and time will tell whether gumball ton is.
i think jetta and davey shud just stay fwd cuz of the pressure they gave in rnd 1 and 2 (dunno bout 3)
with ruckman, maybe like hudson or something? like one of the two adelaide ruckman. (i don't no how good they are rly soye)
Defence looks good with ryder and hopefully daniher so we need midfield rly

Neither of those ruckmen are any better than we already have.
hopefully Neagle can step into Lloyds shoes
Defence is a bit of a worry Johns or Chartres of someone has to step up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back