Prediction DRAFT POLL_PICK #5_V2

Who do we take @ #5?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about we just wait to see
how he has recovered from fracturing his leg for the 3rd time

There won't be any movement until the end of next season. We'll have a pretty good indication by that stage as to how he's recovered from the injury.

Except if the size and length of his contract means we end up losing irreplaceable younger talent. :cool:

We won't be losing any top end young talent unless Fremantle decide to match our contract offer and we decide to bring him across regardless.

I'm not sure I want us to be trading for him, but a lot can change in 12 months so we'll see where we're placed next year.

It may well be that Gibbs will once again ask to go to Adelaide...bringing in Fyfe whilst retaining a strong presence in the draft is hardly the worst idea.

My point is that when the contracts of Thomas, Jones and Jacksch expire after next season, we will delist all 3 of them and their combined salary should be sufficient salary for NF.

It's too simplistic to view it that way

Other players will lift their game and demand pay rises

And I wasn't talking about $S, more about picks needed to get him

FA would obviously be great

But it could be the first rounder we get for BG if he leaves , offer that to the Fockers and say take it or Nat goes into the FA pool

The intrigue IMO is if any of the top 3 guys slide to 5

Bit of chatter TT goes at 2

Imagine if Ainsworth slides to 5 as that guy earlier speculated!

Or if Hayward goes early

Fyfe is a FA at the end of the year, albeit a restricted one.

If it costs us nothing other than $ to bring him across then it is an absolute no-brainer to do it.

I don't see bringing in Fyfe as a FA being a move jeopardizing or moving away from the rebuild.

If we can bring him in we absolutely should.

This is my absolute dream scenario-

Gibbs has shown his hand of wanting to go home. Adelaide already have said they will go after him again next year. Hopefully next year they will be more organised and realise they have to pay and SOS won't muck around.

Out : Gibbs
In: 2 first round picks / first round pick + young promising player (McGovern type mouldy we were looking at this year)

That will free up salary cap room for Fyfe. Then we hit the draft with 3 first round picks (ours plus Crows 2)

So basically we upgrade Gibbs for a younger more damaging midfielder, and hit the draft with 3 first round picks which will hugely accelerate our rebuild.

DREAM RESULT

We know Gibbs contract was heavily front loaded, I'd suggest all of our better players are in the same boat.

It's frightening to think how much we'll have in the cap to fit a Fyfe in....I wouldn't mind betting that the first 2-3 years of a Fyfe contract will be so large that Fremantle just won't be able to match with a handshake agreement a contract extension in the first year at Carlton for another 2-3 years at peanuts for what his ability demands.

That's how I'd play it, wouldn't affect the younguns at all coming from where we are

Taranto spoke VERY well on SEN.
Sounded like a seasoned media performer.

They tried to get out of him where he would prefer to get drafted to. He just played a straight bat and said wherever he got picked he would be excited about.

Sounds a confident young lad that knows he is good, but is quite modest about it.

I think he knows he is in the best handful of players, and even though he would prefer to stay in vic he has mentally prepared himself to go interstate.

After hearing him speak I am on the Taranto bandwagon. Get him SOS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taranto spoke VERY well on SEN.
Sounded like a seasoned media performer.

They tried to get out of him where he would prefer to get drafted to. He just played a straight bat and said wherever he got picked he would be excited about.

Sounds a confident young lad that knows he is good, but is quite modest about it.

I think he knows he is in the best handful of players, and even though he would prefer to stay in vic he has mentally prepared himself to go interstate.

After hearing him speak I am on the Taranto bandwagon. Get him SOS

Me too….move over!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back