Society/Culture Drag queens reading to kids in libraries

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you a 12 yo? Please explain to us all that wonder woman is characterized in a sexualised manner and how it's relevant to drag queens.

I'm not the one with the comprehension issue here, but perhaps time we moved on.

So now we have some on here trying to conflate wonder woman as an adult figure in an attempt to validate drag queens reading books to kindy kids.

Yep that's the depths they're reaching for.

I was doing nothing of the sort, merely pointing out that Wonder Woman is dressed in a particular way to be sexualised.

Prove it, prove to us all that wonder woman is an adult figure intended to be sexualised. Which by the way you've just claimed you're not doing.

Creator of wonder woman, William Moulton Marston - "Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman."

We need to have exotic dancers perform in primary school classrooms so the kids can learn human biology...not because of anything sexual.

Creator of wonder woman, William Moulton Marston - "Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman."
Wonder woman is not marketed to kids that way. Kids don't need to know about anything sexualised, they see wonder woman as a hero beating up villians not some hot chick dressed in a skimpy outfit and rightly so.

You're far reaching to validate adult entertainers reading books to kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder woman is not marketed to kids that way. Kids don't need to know about anything sexualised, they see wonder woman as a hero beating up villians not some hot chick dressed in a skimpy outfit and rightly so.

You're far reaching to validate adult entertainers reading books to kids.
Kids don't need to know about anything sexualised, they see a drag queen as a glamourous and fascinating person not some guy dressed up as a hot chick dressed in a skimpy outfit and rightly so.

You're far reaching to complain about entertainers reading books to kids.

How have you proven likewise with drag queens, other by asserting it?

Drag queens, otherwise known as “female impersonators," are most typically gay cisgender men (though there are many drag queens of varying sexual orientations and gender identities) who perform and entertain on stage in nightclubs and bars.

The bolded suggests that drag culture is oriented towards adult audiences, in other words not appropriate for kids.

The ONLY argument that anyone can hold for it is for the purposes of including drag culture in main stream society. It's been established on both sides of the argument at least on this thread that this program is not required for that purpose.

So basically no valid argument. Thought that would've been obvious.

Kids don't need to know about anything sexualised, they see a drag queen as a glamourous and fascinating person not some guy dressed up as a hot chick dressed in a skimpy outfit and rightly so.

You're far reaching to complain about entertainers reading books to kids.

Are you suggesting this program is a requirement then? You're far reaching trying to validate it.

Might as well just get the teachers to have an orgy during school assembly. The kids dont know about anything sexual so they'll just see a bunch of adults playing peekaboo with their wee-wees, not aroused adults engaged in coital relations.

So I guess a point could be made that it would be highly unlikely that children would encounter Drag Queens while out and about? I get the tolerance angle but I feel like most little kids are reasonably tolerant to begin with (unless their parents aren't, but their parents aren't going to take them to this sort of event). So does seem a little odd to me.
From what I've gathered following the incident in Brisbane, and the response, for a lot of parents, they simply take their kids because their kids enjoy it and/or their kids feel they fit in there. Seems more about inclusivity than anything else to me.

Drag queens, otherwise known as “female impersonators," are most typically gay cisgender men (though there are many drag queens of varying sexual orientations and gender identities) who perform and entertain on stage in nightclubs and bars.

The bolded suggests that drag culture is oriented towards adult audiences, in other words not appropriate for kids.

The ONLY argument that anyone can hold for it is for the purposes of including drag culture in main stream society. It's been established on both sides of the argument at least on this thread that this program is not required for that purpose.

So basically no valid argument. Thought that would've been obvious.
Reading your posts, it seems you think that YOU get to dictate the purpose of drag and superheroes and any other interpretation is incorrect. It seems the majority of people think your interpretation is wrong, but you treat it like an objective truth. Some ego you've got there, pal.

Last edited:
From what I've gathered following the incident in Brisbane, and the response, for a lot of parents, they simply take their kids because their kids enjoy it and/or their kids feel they fit in there. Seems more about inclusivity than anything else to me.

Correct it's all about inclusiveness, most on here with opposing views agree this is not required to achieve that.

Correct it's all about inclusiveness, most on here with opposing views agree this is not required to achieve that.
For the kids, not the drag queens. Why do you think queer kids die by suicide in much greater numbers than straight kids? We saw a prime example of a young gay man taking his life in the midst of an identity crisis the other day.

Reading your posts, it seems you think that YOU get to dictate the purpose of drag and superheroes and any other interpretation is incorrect. It seems the majority of people think you're interpretation is wrong, but you treat it like an objective truth. Some ego you've got there, pal.

And how would I possibly dictate the purpose of drag of super heroes? I didn't create drag culture or super heroes, and how does that define me as egotistical?

Drag culture is oriented toward adult audiences, super heroes are not, that is not my doing.

If you don't like it and want to accuse me of dictating and being egotistical I can't do anything about that. Sorry mate.

But why cant we have a nudist reading books to children? Obviously, old fashioned teachers dont suffice for such an activity. Nudists are people too and I want to be inclusive. After that, we can have a couple performing BDSM while reading to kids.

And how would I possibly dictate the purpose of drag of super heroes? I didn't create drag culture or super heroes, and how does that define me as egotistical?

Drag culture is oriented toward adult audiences, super heroes are not, that is not my doing.

If you don't like it and want to accuse me of dictating and being egotistical I can't do anything about that. Sorry mate.
You are dictating it. Plenty of evidence has been provided that is contrary to your interpretation and you respond "NUH UH MEN IN COSTUME MUST BE FOR ADULT AUDIENCE"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back