Society/Culture Drag Queen Story Time Cancellations

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluey has lovely messages such as sharing and being kind

Dad is hilarious and the mum is sweet
Way too mainstream for sone of these posters
Yeah probably, there are a lot of posters and mods on here who emotionally progressive and anti the society they live.

But that's a discussion for another day.

What if men dressed as Bluey characters held storytime events in libraries. Would that be ok
Do you actually retain anything I’ve posted ?

I’ve already commented on a similar thing regarding Super Heroes

Read back
I’m done repeating myself because you’re lazy

Yeah probably, there are a lot of posters and mods on here who emotionally progressive and anti the society they live.

But that's a discussion for another day.
That was the point though. Bluey drives home the point that everyone deserves a go at having fun and nobody should be excluded from that fun. Being kind-hearted wins the day, not shoving people away in disgust.

It's a woke lesson for sure, but it rings true. Even for adults.

I think kids take in a lot more than what we give them credit for. If they grow up with ideas of inclusivity being good from a young age this could create a lot less societal friction going forward.

This is the whole point of early learning, isn't it? Setting them up to take their place in society and then the workforce?
I don't disagree with that, but I doubt kindy kids are going to be interested in virtue signalling and nor should it be stealthily used in platforms like Bluey, I don't think that's the intent though.

Kids of formative need to learn about what's dangerous to them like traffic and things that cut and burn them etc. and fun things like lego and playing in the yard etc. Y'know, kids stuff.

Primary school age, most definitely but not toddlers or kindy kids.

Do you actually retain anything I’ve posted ?

I’ve already commented on a similar thing regarding Super Heroes

Read back
I’m done repeating myself because you’re lazy

I'm trying to establish the wearabouts of the line you won't cross.

What age rating would you put on Bugs Bunny cartoons?

That was the point though. Bluey drives home the point that everyone deserves a go at having fun and nobody should be excluded from that fun. Being kind-hearted wins the day, not shoving people away in disgust.

It's a woke lesson for sure, but it rings true. Even for adults.
That's hardly virtue signalling for a certain minority group (drag queens) by using an entertainment platform that's designed to be entertainment for kids, that's just being kind to others. Human kind has been teaching 'be kind to others' since year dot.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

That's hardly virtue signalling for a certain minority group (drag queens) by using an entertainment platform that's designed to be entertainment for kids, that's just being kind to others. Human kind has been teaching 'be kind to others' since year dot.

Nothing wrong with that at all.
Yeah... and it follows that kindness is blind to 'difference' doesn't it? Drag queens are certainly 'different' but why push them away? Are they not just another facet of humanity? Show a child a person of different ethnicity, a drag queen, an old person, a disabled person and anyone else with a 'difference' from a young age and odds are that child is going to grow up with a balanced view on societal inclusion.

Parental prejudices not withstanding, of course!

Yeah... and it follows that kindness is blind to 'difference' doesn't it? Drag queens are certainly 'different' but why push them away? Are they not just another facet of humanity? Show a child a person of different ethnicity, a drag queen, an old person, a disabled person and anyone else with a 'difference' from a young age and odds are that child is going to grow up with a balanced view on societal inclusion.

Parental prejudices not withstanding, of course!
Yeah primary aged kids, not kids that won't know or won't care, and should really be focusing their young brains on things that are appropriate for them. Toys, playing in the playground and all things toddler.

Ummm no, we're talking about adult concepts, advocating for minority groups is NOT a space for toddlers to be educated about.
Ummm yes, parents of various stripes expose their children to adult concepts all the time. Personally I'd say raising kids to worship guns is far more problematic than them knowing drag queens exist, just as one example. Others obviously don't.

newFile.jpg

Its totally subjective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A/ 5 yos probably wouldn't be aware of the intent to advocate.

Probably not, which is kinda the point - imo its not about advocating/virtue signalling specifically. Just about giving kids some exposure to different types of people who actually do exist in the world, so that maybe their attitude is a bit different down the track than it otherwise might be.

edit:

I think kids take in a lot more than what we give them credit for. If they grow up with ideas of inclusivity being good from a young age this could create a lot less societal friction going forward.

This is the whole point of early learning, isn't it? Setting them up to take their place in society and then the workforce?
Yep this says it better than I did.

Ummm yes, parents of various stripes expose their children to adult concepts all the time. Personally I'd say raising kids to worship guns is far more problematic than them knowing drag queens exist, just as one example. Others obviously don't.

newFile.jpg

Its totally subjective.
This is another example of completely inappropriate, and as I stated earlier is a consequence of the free society we live in.'

This example is the exception and not the rule, if it were the rule our society would be much much worse, everyone would be in survival mode, anarchic.

We can't police away the idiots because that'd be illiberal and inconsistent, and it doesn't excuse virtue signalling political correctness or virtue signal self centred right minded worldviews to kindy kids (or anyone for that matter).

In short two wrongs don't make a right.

Probably not, which is kinda the point - imo its not about advocating/virtue signalling specifically. Just about giving kids some exposure to different types of people who actually do exist in the world, so that maybe their attitude is a bit different down the track than it otherwise might be.

edit:

Yep this says it better than I did.
As I've repeatedly stated, exposure of adult concepts is kinda futile to toddler kids, primary aged kids are a different kettle of fish and inclusivity / tolerance should definitely be educated / encouraged.

I've also repeatedly stated, I seriously doubt dqst is being used in bad faith by stealth to virtue signal to kindy kids.

This is another example of completely inappropriate, and as I stated earlier is a consequence of the free society we live in.'
No, just an example of what you and I consider completely inappropriate, millions in the US think otherwise. Subjective.

At the end of the day drag queens aren't illegal and neither are guns.

This example is the exception and not the rule, if it were the rule our society would be much much worse, everyone would be in survival mode, anarchic.
In the US? Not sure about that, millions are into it as I said.

If it is the exception then so too is DQST - what % of the population would be attending these events do you think? Pretty confident it would be less than the % who worship guns.

No, just an example of what you and I consider completely inappropriate, millions in the US think otherwise. Subjective.

At the end of the day drag queens aren't illegal and neither are guns.

In the US? Not sure about that, millions are into it as I said.

If it is the exception then so too is DQST - what % of the population would be attending these events do you think? Pretty confident it would be less than the % who worship guns.
Yeah millions does not equate to the rule in the US as the population is 100's of millions. Even then using the US as an example is not really the considered norm of a liberal society, coz it's fractured and divided between noisy minority groups on both sides of the political aisle.

dqst is definitely not the rule, it's not like every kindy has full time drag queens who clock on and off and their job is read kids books to toddlers.

Seems you're assuming that if dqst were the 'norm' I would view that as a negative. Not sure why.

What I would view as a negative is using such a platform to virtue signal, again I don't think that is the intent though. I have no issue with dqst.

newFile.jpg

Its totally subjective.
As long as these kids are trained how to use firearms properly and how to store them safely

As long as these kids are trained how to use firearms properly and how to store them safely
Yeah looking at US gun laws, ownership, psychology from an Australian/British standpoint is pretty lazy.
Ffs the only reason we don’t have a 2nd amendment is because of our English masters.

Fair enough it’s a dangerous pastime but so is trekking in the outback. If you’re trained then all good. If not then accidents are definitely gonna happen. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Fair enough it’s a dangerous pastime but so is trekking in the outback. If you’re trained then all good. If not then accidents are definitely gonna happen. 🤷🏼‍♂️
We don't exactly have an epidemic of school trekkings in Australia...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back