Society/Culture Drag Queen Story Time Cancellations

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think that if as a child you had attended a drag queen story time event, you would be more accepting of diversity and have a more open mind?
Are you any the less a person for not having attended this type of thing as a child?

Little darlings šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

No
I said it can be confusing
To whom? The kids?

Kids of kindy age probably won't even be aware of any sexuality or advocating for minority groups, even if they had a hint of something other than the entertainment, I doubt they'd give a sh*t.

I also seriously doubt this is the intent, sure there might be rare exceptions, but exceptions none the less.

You've made it clear you think otherwise.

To whom? The kids?

Kids of kindy age probably won't even be aware of any sexuality or advocating for minority groups, even if they had a hint of something other than the entertainment, I doubt they'd give a sh*t.

I also seriously doubt this is the intent, sure there might be rare exceptions, but exceptions none the less.

You've made it clear you think otherwise.
Youā€™re the ones banging on about sexuality
Have you had children ?

Another fail
I never said they were exclusively reading these types of books did I ?

But you could have looked it up yourself
None of these titles are familiar to me

View attachment 1708043View attachment 1708047

Randomly googled 1 title

Just on the 'Heather has Two Mommies' title. I can see a case for normalising this. Issues of acceptance are a huge factor in a child's life. In the course of their childhood they may well have a friend whose parents are a same-sex couple or they may be from a same-sex household themselves.

The sooner a child's fear of the unknown or fear of schoolyard rejection are explained and made known that there is no threat to the child the better the outcome may be for that child going forward.

Just on the 'Heather has Two Mommies' title. I can see a case for normalising this. Issues of acceptance are a huge factor in a child's life. In the course of their childhood they may well have a friend whose parents are a same-sex couple or they may be from a same-sex household themselves.

The sooner a child's fear of the unknown or fear of schoolyard rejection are explained and made known that there is no threat to the child the better the outcome may be for that child going forward.
There was a children's book called Jenny Lives With Eric and Martin which was published in 1981 and lived in obscurity until Thatcher discovered it in 1988 and considered it so subversive she felt compelled to enact Section 28 of the Local Government Act which banned the "promotion" of homosexuality by local authorities, it was finally repealed in 2003. We've literally seen all this before, and it failed then too.

I agree with you there

There was a children's book called Jenny Lives With Eric and Martin which was published in 1981 and lived in obscurity until Thatcher discovered it in 1988 and considered it so subversive she felt compelled to enact Section 28 of the Local Government Act which banned the "promotion" of homosexuality by local authorities, it was finally repealed in 2003. We've literally seen all this before, and it failed then too.
Jenny didn't just live with Eric. She lived with Martin too. And they were all Danish!

Primary school kids maybe but not toddlers of formative mind.

That's all noble and good fellow neighbor stuff, but inclusion advocacy is not a space for kindy kids.

Not that I think it's 'dangerous' to encourage that to toddlers, probably more so pointless and really something they don't need to think about. All that stuff can come later.

That's all noble and good fellow neighbor stuff, but inclusion advocacy is not a space for kindy kids.

Not that I think it's 'dangerous' to encourage that to toddlers, probably more so pointless and really something they don't need to think about. All that stuff can come later.

So your inclusion strategy is to exclude toddlers?

Five year olds watch Bluey don't they? From what I hear that cartoon dog promotes all kinds of woke nonsense, like dogs of completely different breeds being friends and stuff!

Five year olds watch Bluey don't they? From what I hear that cartoon dog promotes all kinds of woke nonsense, like dogs of completely different breeds being friends and stuff!

Kids see dogs sniff each others rear ends all the time.

That is probably much worse than storytime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You said it would be confusing.

I asked to whom
The child

Stereotyping of women by men
pretending what they are dressed up as to be a normal woman

Most children have mum and dad with defined gender
Do they really need the man dressed up grotesquely in some cases as an alternative ?

Who else would I mean ? Although
ā€¦..the man dressing as a woman has confusion issues also

Are you seriously comparing Bluey to drag Queen story time šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Are you inferring drag queens are a different ā€œbreedā€?
Bluey has a female mum and a male dad

And what sex do you think Bluey is ?

The child

Do they really need the man dressed up grotesquely in some cases as an alternative ?

Aren't you stereotyping men by saying they should only wear mens clothes?

IF Bluey does promote political correctness then.

A/ 5 yos probably wouldn't be aware of the intent to advocate.

B/ Even if they did, they couldn't care less.

C/ That'd be using a kids show designed to entertain as a platform to advocate or signal virtue. Not really genuine.

C/ That'd be using a kids show designed to entertain as a platform to advocate or signal virtue. Not really genuine.

Ok. What are your thoughts on the Wiggles?

I think kids take in a lot more than what we give them credit for. If they grow up with ideas of inclusivity being good from a young age this could create a lot less societal friction going forward.

This is the whole point of early learning, isn't it? Setting them up to take their place in society and then the workforce?

How many dogs do you know that are fluent in English?
Well that makes no sense at all
You and your woke comrades are sinking into the abyss of the ridiculous

But keep going
Itā€™s pretty funny šŸ˜„

Bluey has lovely messages such as sharing and being kind

Dad is hilarious and the mum is sweet
Way too mainstream for sone of these posters

The child

I doubt the child would give a flying or even realize the virtue signal or the 'man shouldn't be dressed as a woman', and neither are likely intended.

So what? What is the danger? Might turn kids 'gay' or become a 'social justice warrior' by stealth? Possibly very rare exceptions, your use of the word 'grotesquely' says a lot too.

the man dressing as a woman has confusion issues also

Umm, no they don't. Again, possibly very rare exceptions. They're either
  • Paid performers
  • Gay men who like wearing make and dresses and entertaining (ooooh scary!!!)
  • Both of the above.
Really can't understand your fear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back