DT Forwards 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

People dont need to worry about Dangerfield playing midfield? it is absolutly a lock/certainty to happen. (By that i mean he will start in the guts)

The only thing you need to worry about is his scoring. If you think he will play midfield and think thats resembles 80+ than pick him.

Stop worrying about if hes gonna play midfield or not. Sure he will rotate forward like every other mid, but playing plenty of onball time. Sanderson likes his mids solidly built, eg: the geelong era. Did anyone watch the footy show, they were almost sucking each other off (Sando and Danger). Hes also considered one of the biggest built kids at the club and has gone to the top in running endurance wise at the club.

Saad had one bad quarter against the reigning premiers when his side as a whole only registered one behind. Everyone panic!
there are rookies just as promising for 20k less. not panicking, just he hasn't done enough to warrant the price tag.

as for danger in the mids, keystone pretty much summed up what i meant. it's not a simple translation of 'he'll play in the midfield therefore will score well'. if you think he will score well, good, pick him-i just don't and won't be. it's only an opinion though.

gray or dangerfield? both looking good

No way I would spend 402k on player from a botton 2 club, especially one with previous durability issues. If I could be sure that Port will improve dramatically as a team, he could be worth considering as he did manage to play the whole season last year.

No way I would spend 402k on player from a botton 2 club, especially one with previous durability issues. If I could be sure that Port will improve dramatically as a team, he could be worth considering as he did manage to play the whole season last year.

What he says :D

Port will not be bottom 2. They may even finish higher than Brisbane did last year and look what Rocky / Redden did. Would you pay 400K for either of them?

Gray's durability issues are well behind him. Played the back end of 2010, full PS in 2011, 21 games last year and full PS and full Nab Cup this year. It's been well documented how he has turned this around and now understands what his body can handle. Last year he was equal to or more durable than Buddy, Fyfe, Chappy, SJ, Beams, Pav, Robbo, Sylvia, Lewis, Gia and has had better pre seasons over the past 2 years than almost all of these.

If you don't like him don't pick him but durability shouldn't be the reason.

I really like both Gray and Dangerfield this season. Both are going to spend more time in the midfield although I did notice that Gray scored most of his score in the 2nd half when he clearly was released into the midfield. His stats for the first half were only 8 possies and I think a goal indicating he may have been playing forward in the first half....unless someone there can tell me different?

I too like Gray this year and enquired in the Port board but didnt get much responses.. Port would be crazy not to have him playing majority in the middle for the season, surely! I see him as a goal kicking mid in the mould of Marc Murphy..

He also should be behind in the tagging order due to Boak, Pearce and maybe even Hartlett.

But then again as James mentioned, can we really pick a potential keeper from a bottom (lets say 6) side?! Or just go with the "safer" and more popular choices in Danger or Lewis..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too like Gray this year and enquired in the Port board but didnt get much responses.. Port would be crazy not to have him playing majority in the middle for the season, surely! I see him as a goal kicking mid in the mould of Marc Murphy..

He also should be behind in the tagging order due to Boak, Pearce and maybe even Hartlett.

But then again as James mentioned, can we really pick a potential keeper from a bottom (lets say 6) side?! Or just go with the "safer" and more popular choices in Danger or Lewis..

LOL I think that's stretching his ability just a tad, don. :eek:

I really like both Gray and Dangerfield this season. Both are going to spend more time in the midfield although I did notice that Gray scored most of his score in the 2nd half when he clearly was released into the midfield. His stats for the first half were only 8 possies and I think a goal indicating he may have been playing forward in the first half....unless someone there can tell me different?

I agree with you but at circa $400k you would want them to pretty much be keepers. I don't believe it will be the case in the midfield but a possibility in the forward line.

There are some many DPP in the forwards that could explode.. I just don't know which ones to decide upon:confused:

LOL I think that's stretching his ability just a tad, don. :eek:

Lol I did mention mould, so wasnt trying to compare talent.. and yer just the first name to pop into my head. ^Kade Simpson is a much more apt comparison.

After playing around with my DT, there is absolutely no way I can squeeze in Gray anyway, got my 4 fwd premos set + Porpz and dont want to take out a premo from the rest of my side.

Still think he would make a great unique pick (only 4% ownership) though.. but then again Jordan Lewis is still only 3.2%, which is even more surprising actually.

banana bus said:
Where does he fit in a midfield of Boak, Ebert, Pearce, Kornes, Cassisi, Hartlett, Rodan etc etc...

He's definitely better than anybody on that list not named Boak and Hartlett, and he's arguably better than everyone on that list. Plus Pearce is a half-back now.

banana bus said:
come on guys, hell play the same role he has in the past.

Does the second half of last year count as 'the past'? Because he was a midfielder for the majority of that.

banana bus said:
And hell be injured by rd 10.

Like he was last yea ... wait, no, he got through a full pre-season, played 22 games and has since completed another full pre-season and played 4 out of 5 NAB cup games.

Sounds like somebody got burnt by Robbie in the past and is letting his feelings get in the way of logic. I'm not saying definitely pick Robbie, but when determining whether or not to pick him you should definitely ignore banana bus's inaccurate post.

Ess don said:
Still think he would make a great unique pick (only 4% ownership) though.. but then again Jordan Lewis is still only 3.2%, which is even more surprising actually.

I'd pick Gray before Lewis. Both should average 90-95 but Gray is much cheaper due to starting last year off in the forward line.

Disclaimer: I don't watch Hawthorn enough to know whether Lewis had a similar role change at some point last year, and if he has then I retract this post.

He's definitely better than anybody on that list not named Boak and Hartlett, and he's arguably better than everyone on that list. Plus Pearce is a half-back now.

Does the second half of last year count as 'the past'? Because he was a midfielder for the majority of that.

Like he was last yea ... wait, no, he got through a full pre-season, played 22 games and has since completed another full pre-season and played 4 out of 5 NAB cup games.

Sounds like somebody got burnt by Robbie in the past and is letting his feelings get in the way of logic. I'm not saying definitely pick Robbie, but when determining whether or not to pick him you should definitely ignore banana bus's inaccurate post.

I'd pick Gray before Lewis. Both should average 90-95 but Gray is much cheaper due to starting last year off in the forward line.

Disclaimer: I don't watch Hawthorn enough to know whether Lewis had a similar role change at some point last year, and if he has then I retract this post.

Good arguments.

Im happy to be proven wrong, im just a massive cynic for all these Dangerfield, Rioli, Higgins, Gray types.

Interesting forward for Adelaide would be Tom Lynch.

Scored 69 in a half (44% Game Time) vs West Coast in the PS GF

Scored 70 in 49% game time vs Collingwood

70 in a full game vs Brisbane, 94% Game Time

Looking likely as a 3rd tall for Adelaide and priced at 243k he could be handy.

Interesting forward for Adelaide would be Tom Lynch.

Scored 69 in a half (44% Game Time) vs West Coast in the PS GF

Scored 70 in 49% game time vs Collingwood

70 in a full game vs Brisbane, 94% Game Time

Looking likely as a 3rd tall for Adelaide and priced at 243k he could be handy.

Looking at the draw he's definitely worth looking at for rounds 1-6ish

once the rain starts coming and bodies are on the line, upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back