DT Forwards 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

ive noticed that there are a lot of people starting a 5 prem forward line the problem is ideally you wud like to have 2 max keepers from each bye otherwise ur gonna be copping donuts

but the options for rd 11 fwds are so scarce, higgins, harvey, petrie, adams, gia? none of these guys really appeal to me what is everyone else planning on doin?

or are you hopping to use DPP links to avoid donuts? if so that means you cant have more than 1 mid premo from the same bye round that your planning to load up on in ur fwd line

eg. say u want chappy fyfe zaha, during rd 12 u have to swap zaha into mids for a mid/fwd rookie from either bye rounds 11/13 possibley zorko and zaha sits on ur bench as does ur only other rd 12 premo so u could only have 1 of swan/pendles/selwood

anyone got any other ideas? this is assuming that you dont want to be sideways trading ur premos to avoid donuts in bye rounds.

EDIT: Im also really struggling to find some solid fwd rookies hall is probably the best pick so far followed by cameron, cant seem to nail that 3rd spot but i suppose it is still early in nab cup

^ The forwards are tough.

My thinking for R11 bye is you only want 2 players from that bye in the forwards, hopefully ill have one premium and one will be a rookie. 7 from R12 and r13 players.

Than going into R12 is going to be tough. Hopefully you can DPP a R12 player into the mids which in my team will cost a zero and bring a R11 rookie into the forwards. So 3 R11 forwards and 4 R13 forwards.

Than R13 im also expecting to cop a zero with 3 premium forwards. Hopefully can trade the 4th player (rookie away to a R11/12 Bye rookie hopefully blossoming). Than shift one of the 3 prems into the midfield meaning only 2 R13 players in the mids and only 2 in the forwards. Have the same 3 R11 players in forwards as previous round but have 4 R12 players one i got from the mids with DPP, one i traded my R13 rookie for and have my two general premiums from the get go.

This all up gets me a zero, but alot of luck will come to play in those rounds. I cant see anyone avoiding a zero completly in the forwards with the bye rounds without decreasing net points too much. Thats my plan above. Alot of water to go under bridge but give yourself flexability to save zero's and i think thats all you can really do.

^ The forwards are tough.

My thinking for R11 bye is you only want 2 players from that bye in the forwards, hopefully ill have one premium and one will be a rookie. 7 from R12 and r13 players.

Than going into R12 is going to be tough. Hopefully you can DPP a R12 player into the mids which in my team will cost a zero and bring a R11 rookie into the forwards. So 3 R11 forwards and 4 R13 forwards.

Than R13 im also expecting to cop a zero with 3 premium forwards. Hopefully can trade the 4th player (rookie away to a R11/12 Bye rookie hopefully blossoming). Than shift one of the 3 prems into the midfield meaning only 2 R13 players in the mids and only 2 in the forwards. Have the same 3 R11 players in forwards as previous round but have 4 R12 players one i got from the mids with DPP, one i traded my R13 rookie for and have my two general premiums from the get go.

This all up gets me a zero, but alot of luck will come to play in those rounds. I cant see anyone avoiding a zero completly in the forwards with the bye rounds without decreasing net points too much. Thats my plan above. Alot of water to go under bridge but give yourself flexability to save zero's and i think thats all you can really do.

Its the same with the backs, but less DPP's to choose from ( makes Courtney Dempsey relevent ).
For the whole team you will score a 0 if you dont have every non-bye player playing every week ( including the rucks so you need a DPP ruck) and use 6 trades.
For every trade you dont use its another doughnut. For every rookie who doesnt get a game that week its another doughnut. For any rucks who are playing but on your bench another doughnut.

Goes without saying ^

Im not sure how Dempsey becomes relevant at all. Plenty of other DPP that are cheaper or genuine keepers. I dont see much point in having a midpricer as a DPP unless you think they can hit keeper numbers.

In the Rucks i dont quite understand it. (Lets say you have Mcevoy, Giles, O, Redden)
R11 - Mcevoy, O (play)
R12 - Mcevoy, Giles (play)
R13 - Giles, O (play)

What am i missing?

I think something people are missing is they are picking 8-9 premiums from the R13 bye, haven't factored in that its very likely they will have a few rookies still around at that time (Ellis, Morris, Saad, Rowe) whoever it may be and think they are going to get away with zero's come the bye rounds.

I think i have 7 but have setup DPP so i can wiggle my way out with just one zero if all goes well and everyone else is fit and playing.

thanks for your informative response.
any other hot tips?

You asked a silly question.

Had you asked, "do you think these fwds will be in the top 7 come end of the season?" my response would have been completely different.

You asked "is there a safer option". No there isn't at that price point. None of the fwds are safe. All of them always have huge risk. Key forwards can become duds in 1 season (riewoldt, didak, etc.). Midfield playing fwds can get tagged or get shifted around and not be as effective (pavlich). Or have notoriously slow starts to seasons (Goodes, except for 2011). The safe options are always in the mids, backs and rucks. Not the fwds. Forwards are your high std deviation players that you just ride out the highs and lows. A true midfielder listed as a fwd however gets around some of these issues and tend to be the stabler options to start with, but might not net you the highest points in any particular round.

Disappointed Brown got injured- so many people have him in their teams and he was looking like a midpriced trap if you asked me. Apparently out for 6 weeks, so I won't be able to watch with joy when he doesn't increase in price as much as a rookie.

I realise Didak is a dirty word around here. He burnt me bad last year. I carried the bum all season for a lousy 73 average. Granted he had no pre-season to speak off, was underdone in his first few games and missed another few games through injury but I knew that when I paid premo $$$ for him before round 1.

But if you take away the 5 games where he was sub affected, he averaged 84. Not bad for someone who had no pre-season and was injured during the year. I realise he is currently injured (again) but should be right for Rd 1 apparently*. Had a very good pre-season up until a few weeks ago from what I hear. So shouldn't be too troubled by missing a few NAB games. My point is, he is still in Collingwood's best 21 and 60k cheaper than Sidebottom, who averaged 84 last year. No Krakouer is also good for more TOG time for Didak.

Anyhoo, if Didak is named for Rd 1 I'm taking a punt that he will average 90+ again this year. He's too good a player to have 2 s**t seasons in a row IMHO.

I realise Didak is a dirty word around here. He burnt me bad last year. I carried the bum all season for a lousy 73 average. Granted he had no pre-season to speak off, was underdone in his first few games and missed another few games through injury but I knew that when I paid premo $$$ for him before round 1.

But if you take away the 5 games where he was sub affected, he averaged 84. Not bad for someone who had no pre-season and was injured during the year. I realise he is currently injured (again) but should be right for Rd 1 apparently*. Had a very good pre-season up until a few weeks ago from what I hear. So shouldn't be too troubled by missing a few NAB games. My point is, he is still in Collingwood's best 21 and 60k cheaper than Sidebottom, who averaged 84 last year. No Krakouer is also good for more TOG time for Didak.

Anyhoo, if Didak is named for Rd 1 I'm taking a punt that he will average 90+ again this year. He's too good a player to have 2 s**t seasons in a row IMHO.

Least he would be a unique pick but I wouldn't touch him personally.Would be a gutsy move haha.

Goes without saying ^

Im not sure how Dempsey becomes relevant at all. Plenty of other DPP that are cheaper or genuine keepers. I dont see much point in having a midpricer as a DPP unless you think they can hit keeper numbers.

In the Rucks i dont quite understand it. (Lets say you have Mcevoy, Giles, O, Redden)
R11 - Mcevoy, O (play)
R13 - Giles, O (play)

What am i missing?

I think something people are missing is they are picking 8-9 premiums from the R13 bye, haven't factored in that its very likely they will have a few rookies still around at that time (Ellis, Morris, Saad, Rowe) whoever it may be and think they are going to get away with zero's come the bye rounds.

I think i have 7 but have setup DPP so i can wiggle my way out with just one zero if all goes well and everyone else is fit and playing.

You are missing that Redden plays those 2 matches but sits on the bench. Over those 3 bye rounds any player that plays and sits on the bench means you must have a donut on another line.

Structure has been outlaid before but for byes you need every players playing and on field because the rest are out. You can't have 3 players in the ruck because it means a 0 in another position.

Goes without saying ^

R11 - Mcevoy, O (play)
R13 - Giles, O (play)

What am i missing?

Spider explained the ruck pretty well.

With the dpp's you need to have pairs who cross groups to save you in the bye rounds.
ie deledio, goddard, carazzo, scotland, ALL round 13 sucks bigtime. the best 2011 player from outside this group is.... ewww Mark Mc Veigh.

Brisbane's Sam Docherty has potential but I think he's under an injury cloud.
A few other dp rookies but none that are really on my radar. I'm pretty inclined to just pick my best side and cop any doughnuts it gives me.

Spider explained the ruck pretty well.

With the dpp's you need to have pairs who cross groups to save you in the bye rounds.
ie deledio, goddard, carazzo, scotland, ALL round 13 sucks bigtime. the best 2011 player from outside this group is.... ewww Mark Mc Veigh.

Brisbane's Sam Docherty has potential but I think he's under an injury cloud.
A few other dp rookies but none that are really on my radar. I'm pretty inclined to just pick my best side and cop any doughnuts it gives me.

What??????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis and Sidebum hands down IMO

Not buying the Dangerfield hype? If he plays midfield, I can't see how he will average less than 85... which is borderline keeper, but at his price, it seems worthwhile.

What about Sidebum versus Gray?

Partly, no, i don't buy all the danger hype. Secondly, you're comparing 2 players from average teams with 2 players from top 4 teams. For mine i'd say the sidebottom and lewis option is safer, just depends on what you want to play i guess.

If you really want to break it down i guess gray and sidebottom are comparable, so essentially it could be a lewis vs danger plus cash thing, and i would definitely go lewis.

edit: sorry, as for sidebottom vs gray i clearly suggest sidebottom-has been tipped to have more midfield time (like everyone else!), but primarily the fact collingwood is a strong side helps him a lot. but honestly, i would go gray if i were a port fan, just for the port factor, plus i guess it saves you some cash.

Fair enough, i don't think he'll get above an average 80 personally, but we shall see, guess that's all part of the game, huh!

Edit: on another, think i'll be leaving saad out of my FWD line at this rate.

Fair enough, i don't think he'll get above an average 80 personally, but we shall see, guess that's all part of the game, huh!

Edit: on another, think i'll be leaving saad out of my FWD line at this rate.

Hehe , I named my team after him, and he's out of mine. :D
Paid a bit extra and got Cripps.

Just some random thoughts i had the other day.

Was tossing up between Goodes or Fyfe - i'm going for a league win so Fyfe became an easier choice.

Even if Goodes gets 160 against GWS, it doesn't mean anything to me really, and it only affects 1 price change, he also plays Port rd 3, again, doesn't affect my league score.

So he might become a little more expensive at that early stage, but he then faces a few tougher games.

Anyway, just my thoughts and a bit of little advice for anyone tossing up between two players not to be too concerned about those early games as 1) they affect less price changes 2) If going for league win, don't worry too much about those first 3 rounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back