News Dutchy returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Part of me thinks that this is an attempt to groom Holland to be the club's CEO down the road (in a few years). He has had an interesting and broad career post-football. I used to run into him from time to time on his lunch break while he was working at Holding Redlich. He then joined the Australian Sports Commission and combined that with a role as manager of legal compliance, governance and integrity at Athletics Australia for a while, before being appointed as CEO of the EJ Whitten Foundation in 2017.

First duty for Duchy should be to grab TOB and Mitch Lewis and teach them how to take a clunk.

Nick was an unbelievable one grab clunk mark when he was on.

Imagine how he would have gone with the chopping the arms rule

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick is maybe the most underrated Hawk, ever.

If he was playing today with those iron grip hands of his, before the utter smashing his back copped, which did his shoulders, plus his running capacity on top he'd be in the top 5 players in the competition. This guy was every bit as good as Nick Ringworm, but because we expect premierships we don't laud some of players like the throwdogs, aints, nth meld etc...

I guess what I'm saying is, welcome back mate, and I hope you get to join in the success you deserved.

Nick is maybe the most underrated Hawk, ever.

If he was playing today with those iron grip hands of his, before the utter smashing his back copped, which did his shoulders, plus his running capacity on top he'd be in the top 5 players in the competition. This guy was every bit as good as Nick Ringworm, but because we expect premierships we don't laud some of players like the throwdogs, aints, nth meld etc...

I guess what I'm saying is, welcome back mate, and I hope you get to join in the success you deserved.
Dutchy loved kicking them from outside 50 is my memory. Was a player.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Welcome back Dutchy. Great club servant. Bleeds brown and gold. Hopefully, you get to share in spoils of lifting the cup this time round. Unfinished business so to speak.

Hopefully a mentor and inspiration off the field to some of our current crop.

Brown and gold lifers like him come in handy about the place.

Is the same reason I've always said we should get our claws in deep to Gunston. He has the pedigree, the nous and is going to be about the game for a long time after he hangs up the boots.

Brown and gold lifers, can't have too many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back