News Dylan Grimes and Toby Nankervis announced as captains for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Love this. Both bring outstanding qualities, but they’re also a bit different. Their voices will cover the whole ground. The boys will want to play for them.

Pleased for them both.
We will have “leaders” all over the place, Jack and Tom up front, Nick and Robbie down back, Trent and Dusty all over the place…

studs :eggplant:💦

273244594_396370718957381_2274726727577071844_n.png
273850071_703092397728002_8830186077511682202_n.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players selected them both and they are the best judge of who they want to lead them
Both fantastic choices for different reasons

I was going to say, its something different and the players would have a better idea than me.

Dimma, has allowed it, why not??

I hope for another premiership this year and every other accolade in their lives as we charge on!!

we wont win sh*t

co captains is a sign of long term rebuild

no club has won a flag with co captains and theres good reason for that

BS what other clubs do is none of our business. They would have had their own separate reasons anyway

We and our players run our own race.

I will back the players in and have nothing against Nank and Grimes. I can see why Nank and Grimes may have been selected in their perfomrance and how they carry themselves and where they are at in relation to the group's profile so fair enough. Could be the best thing for the club and who knows what they do in another 3 years. There are plenty of options in three years time they way I see it for captaincy and they may make another decision before then anyway even if we still keep winning. Nothing is static, everyone has to evolve as a part of life which is constantly changing even for elders in society

Last edited:
Congratulations to both players. Nankervis the first Tasmanian AFL/VFL captain since Royce Hart? Grimes is the general down back so will continue to lead.
Nick Riewoldt comes to mind, and I'm probably forgetting someone else too.

Maybe they made Nank captain to stop him defecting to the Devils in a few years? ;)

BS what other clubs do is none of our business. They would have had their own separate reasons anyway We and our players run our own race. I will back the players in and have nothing against Nank and Grimes. I can see why Nank and Grimes may have been selected in their perfomrance and how they carry themselves and where they are at in relation to the group's profile so fair enough. Could be the best thing for the club and who knows what they do in another 3 years. There are plenty of options in three years time they way I see it for captaincy and they may make another decision before then anyway even if we still keep winning. Nothing is static, everyone has to evolve as a part of life which is constantly changing even for elders in society
Don't bring up change for the elders...I have settled comfortably and easily into my life of retirement...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back