Recommitted Dyson Heppell [re-signed for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think after all the BS the club has put the players and truck through I'd like to see him leave..

He's in good form. Getting plenty of it, using it well. Very dependable down back this year.

I truly do not understand how anyone cant see that.
Oh I get it, he's the whipping boy.

are you sure you aren't watching 2014 replays?

Dyson hasn't used the ball well in 5 years.......

Uses it at 80% efficiency. And they ain't no backwards chip kicks.

his meters gained is like 300

which mains he's is far from damaging.

The main thing he has lost is speed. He is very vey very very slow. And his pressure game has dropped off massivley.

his meters gained is like 300

which mains he's is far from damaging.

The main thing he has lost is speed. He is very vey very very slow. And his pressure game has dropped off massivley.
Hes not a rebound type.
I don't see he's lost pace or pressure.
Happy to be proven otherwise.

Hes not a rebound type.

he is averaging about half the tackles he did during his prime years for starters.

he isn't a KPD. So if he isn't rebounding than what is he there for?

Hes not a rebound type.
Its the same for us and JZ - we both need new captains as both are now fringe best 22 in bottom 4 sides. The good sides wouldn't play either of them but they have been amazing for our teams and that makes it hard for some supporters to let go.

Its time to let go.

he is averaging about half the tackles he did during his prime years for starters.

he isn't a KPD. So if he isn't rebounding than what is he there for?
He was tackling more because in his prime years he was a midfielder.

By rebounding I mean a Hind run and carry or Daniel Rich long passes.

Heppell is the leadership in the defensive half that plays a medium defensive linkup role. He's done good jobs on half forwards this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have no idea what GC are playing at

Past it as a player and doesn't strike me as coach material

This isn't getting Luke Hodge at the tail end.

Yeah, seems bonkers.

It's the leadership equivalent of thinking moneyball is adding five spuds who've scrounged 70 games to your squad.

I don't mind it tbh.

He's there moreso as a cultural fit than to provide whatever leadership is expected on him. Would still sit in the Suns best 11-15 players, be a reasonable depth player for however many seasons and then potentially integrate into coaching role.

Has looked pretty poor at times this year, but it's probably time for a move. He looks tired and had to contend with the supplements saga and a yoyoing Bombers side basically since he was drafted. The move should hopefully refresh him and get him back playing some reasonable footy without the weight of expectation.

I reckon he ends up staying as well but has to give up the captaincy and needs to realise he will play VFL alot.

...isn't that incentive for him to leave?

He'd be mad not to go. If the rumoured GC contract is true, spend 4 years total in the sunshine. Play another year or 2. Development coach for a year or 2. Fall in love with the Coast or move back down to Melb with a coaching resume ready to hear offers.

...isn't that incentive for him to leave?

He'd be mad not to go. If the rumoured GC contract is true, spend 4 years total in the sunshine. Play another year or 2. Development coach for a year or 2. Fall in love with the Coast or move back down to Melb with a coaching resume ready to hear offers.

I agree.

Just have a feeling he thinks he can still be abig part of the 'Essendon Revival' that the old boys club think is coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back