AFLW West Coast Eagles Women's Team - Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 goals is a fair old shellacking in womans footy.

Image result for flip and fold gif
correct colours and everything

I heard from someone involved that it was only around a goal that Freo won by.
Really? Most reports had Freo by that 5 goal or so margin? Nothing concrete of course - scores weren't recorded I believe?

Not that it really matters - good to finally have the girls run out together in a competitive environment.

I only watched first quarter. Youngster got bored. But wife said freo won by 5+. cycled through the whole list of fit players to see who stood up as b22 is obviously not settled. So wouldn't look at the result too much. Irish girls looked really good. Hooker very good as usual but scared everyone when she went down, luckily nothing bad. Have the base of a good team but will take time to learn to play as a team. Mik was playing her first game of afl but will only get better (not an olympic rugby player by accident) and a lovely girl. Team had a strong 4th which coach was really stoked about.

The eagles write up didn’t list many players. Do we know if Bowen played in the match, and if so how she went ?

The eagles write up didn’t list many players. Do we know if Bowen played in the match, and if so how she went ?
I don’t think she played - the clip showed her celebrating in what looked to be in the stands. But I’m not certain

I didn't see her out there and I met her last year so one of the few I do know from a distance. She will go well. Smallish but the body of a serious triathlete. Will run hard all day and has the footy talent. Just needs to avoid getting tackled too much by some of the big units lumbering around the ground for other teams.

I don’t think she played - the clip showed her celebrating in what looked to be in the stands. But I’m not certain
She wears #1 doesn't she? She played. You can see her lined up right at the start of the 'highlights' video below.

Wouldn't worry too much about the result. I heard WC was better than a 6 goal loss suggests - just couldn't convert in front of goals. Freo were obviously missing 6 or so of their best players but it was WC first ever hit out. Both teams will be better come the start of the season.

#1 is Ashlee Atkins

MB is #3
That definitely isn't Atkins. The headband says Bowen to me... so does your website:

The club’s first official AFLW signing Mikayla Bowen will fittingly wear the No.1 guernsey, while experienced campaigner Ashlee Atkins has secured the club’s revered No.9 jumper, which has belonged to AFL stars Peter Wilson, Ben Cousins and Nic Naitanui.

That definitely isn't Atkins. The headband says Bowen to me... so does your website:

The club’s first official AFLW signing Mikayla Bowen will fittingly wear the No.1 guernsey, while experienced campaigner Ashlee Atkins has secured the club’s revered No.9 jumper, which has belonged to AFL stars Peter Wilson, Ben Cousins and Nic Naitanui.
Ninja! I deleted that almost immediately haha

Yep 100% MB - as you said the headband is a give away.

Apologies, got that very wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was told she played on a wing which isn’t her best position. Might be looking after seeing she is young.
Was apparently more WC staff than players and everyone had to do a punishment run after the game in front of the Freo players.

Was told she played on a wing which isn’t her best position. Might be looking after seeing she is young.
Was apparently more WC staff than players and everyone had to do a punishment run after the game in front of the Freo players.
was the inaugural game so had everyone come along to see and get behind the girls (except Adam who was at his brother's wedding in Geelong). Lot of support, good atmosphere and lot of support irrespective of the (hidden) result.

Claremont tall and former West Coast Fever net baller Andrea “Happy” Gilmore elevated to the squad as an injury replacement for Alicia Janz.

The article also mentions that the team is playing a scratch match against Richmond at Punt Road on Australia Day.

Claremont tall and former West Coast Fever net baller Andrea “Happy” Gilmore elevated to the squad as an injury replacement for Alicia Janz.

The article also mentions that the team is playing a scratch match against Richmond at Punt Road on Australia Day.
Very good news for us if she can stay healthy. I was hoping we would have picked her up in the draft. She’s a good forward target which we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back