News Eddie McGuire to step down end of 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

We did try to draft Lachlan Jones (Port academy) and Blake Coleman (Bears academy) during the draft you realise.

Knowing full well we were no chance for either of them, it was just a political move by the club at a time when Harry O'Brien has once again tried to cash in on the club.

Knowing full well we were no chance for either of them, it was just a political move by the club at a time when Harry O'Brien has once again tried to cash in on the club.

That those clubs chose to match isn't relevant. We bid, and we wouldn't have been the first club to secure another team's NGA player because they choose not to match.

I've been posting on here since 2002 and Nick's since 1999. So unlikely. If you've been posting on here so long, which of your previous usernames were banned?

Keep on trolling.
I was a founding member of the 'Sad Sacks' on Nicks, i'm sure you remember the battles, i guess we were like Trump (Malthouse) followers, luckily there was no harm done.

And the chances a snaring one of those was?

Relevance? You suggest a policy yet we've bid on 2 indigenous kids in the draft which only reinforces that the club generally takes the best available regardless of heritage and that no such policy exists.

with a bit of success a la Richmond recently - money will start coming through the door - Cwood sells itself if it can create sustained success

True, but what selection criteria would you apply to candidates being better or worse than other candidates at being able to bring us success?

True, but what selection criteria would you apply to candidates being better or worse than other candidates at being able to bring us success?
Selection criteria for President prob different to selection criteria for board members - I could prob rustle up some selection criteria but as a long standing suffering member / supporter I just want success - I know how that looks and it's been pretty sparse for a while.

Relevance? You suggest a policy yet we've bid on 2 indigenous kids in the draft which only reinforces that the club generally takes the best available regardless of heritage and that no such policy exists.

We also bid early on Kayle Kirby a few years back knowing Richmond were going to pounce in the rookie draft

Harry OBrien is not an indigenous Australian and has no special rights to speak on their behalf.

It's not about being Indigenous, it's about the clubs stigma of being racist

Do you honestly believe that the CFC is any worse than any other club? I'm not denying or condoning what has occurred at the club but I'd bet other clubs have just as many skeletons in their closets as we do.

That those clubs chose to match isn't relevant. We bid, and we wouldn't have been the first club to secure another team's NGA player because they choose not to match.
Plus we were supposedly poised to pick up an indigenous kid with the McReery pick, but North got in the pick before us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you honestly believe that the CFC is any worse than any other club? I'm not denying or condoning what has occurred at the club but I'd bet other clubs have just as many skeletons in their closets as we do.
Yes. Collingwood is unfortunately the worst. The racism stench will only start to go away when Eddie is gone.

Why do all chats about Eddie McGuire always wind up coming down to race relations
If he's a racist I have to edit my Eddie McGuire fanfictions

Based on?
Eddie racially vilifying Adam Goodes. Hertier Lumumba accusations backed by Andrew Krakouer, Leon Davis and others. The incidents involving Nicky Winmar and Michael Long. Allan Macalister and Tony Shaw’s comments. Are just some unfortunate incidents involving Collingwood that I can think of off the top of my head

Eddie racially vilifying Adam Goodes. Hertier Lumumba accusations backed by Andrew Krakouer, Leon Davis and others. The incidents involving Nicky Winmar and Michael Long. Allan Macalister and Tony Shaw’s comments. Are just some unfortunate incidents involving Collingwood that I can think of off the top of my head
and Collingwood's part in the vilification of Robert Muir - for which they apologised last year, Adrian McAdam's claim of racial abuse and an alleged policy (along with Hawthorn) of not recruiting indigenous players that continued until the 1980s at least.

So you don't know about other clubs, just assuming that since we seem to get the most media coverage, we're the worst.... okay.

Let's hope so, anyway.

Yeah, none of that gives much cause for pride and I'm certainly not trying to defend our record, but it's naïve to assume players like Muir and Winmar weren't equally as abused at other grounds, that players at other clubs haven't been equally as vilified internally and externally as H, and that Monkey isn't the only AFL player dragged into mediation over racial abuse on-field.

Not sure why there's a continual need to drag Eddie the media presenter into a Collingwood discussion. Not like his comments were made during a President's lunch or anything.

Yeah, none of that gives much cause for pride and I'm certainly not trying to defend our record, but it's naïve to assume players like Muir and Winmar weren't equally as abused at other grounds, that players at other clubs haven't been equally as vilified internally and externally as H, and that Monkey isn't the only AFL player dragged into mediation over racial abuse on-field.

Not sure why there's a continual need to drag Eddie the media presenter into a Collingwood discussion. Not like his comments were made during a President's lunch or anything.
Yep the history is undeniable and hopefully just that - history. As far as Eddie is concerned, it's two sides of the same coin. He and Collingwood revel in the high profile and influence but the flack when he stuffs up is equally high profile.

So you don't know about other clubs, just assuming that since we seem to get the most media coverage, we're the worst.... okay.
Are there currently any other clubs without an Aboriginal player on their list?

Are there currently any other clubs without an Aboriginal player on their list?

I don't know. Why does having an aboriginal player on our list or not make any difference?

We have Cox, IQ, Tohill, Keane & McInnes who are culturally diverse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back