Pendles stepping down ahead of 2023 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute legend of our club and the game itself you are Matrix , to watch you on a football field is like watching an artist creating a work of art that leaves one feeling mesmerised , as your opponents often were , pure poetry in motion. Thank you Scotty , onwards to 400 for you and another Norm Smith in a winning premiership side awaits . Would like to see Bruzzy get it , you follow a man of that ilk , the guy spills blood and makes the opposition look sideways for his whereabouts. If not. then Darcy

Last edited:

Absolute legend of our club and the game itself you are Matrix , to watch you on a football field is like watching an artist creating a work of art that leaves one feeling mesmerised , pure poetry in motion. Thank you Scotty , onwards to 400 for you and another Norm Smith in a winning premiership awaits . Would like to see Bruzzy get it , you follow a man of that ilk , the guy spills blood and makes the opposition look sideways for his whereabouts. If not. then Darcy
It's taken me until today to only just click what your username means :rolleyes::D

I'm in the Darcy Moore camp. Has been a vice captain for a couple of years and is Collingwood through and through.

He’s the safe bet for sure, in terms of optics.

The club is trying to position itself as a family club, with high expectations for conduct etc.

Darc is well-educated, level-headed, a great speaker. Perfect as the face of any club. The father/son aspect is a bonus.

Injury history is an issue though, and I agree the timing of the announcement is off given the shoo-in for captaincy has a pretty serious illness with no return date as yet.

He’s the safe bet for sure, in terms of optics.

The club is trying to position itself as a family club, with high expectations for conduct etc.

Darc is well-educated, level-headed, a great speaker. Perfect as the face of any club. The father/son aspect is a bonus.

Injury history is an issue though, and I agree the timing of the announcement is off given the shoo-in for captaincy has a pretty serious illness with no return date as yet.
The club did say he is expected to make a full recovery and be back in January. I don't see the timing of the announcement as too much a concern with this week being the last week of training before the Christmas break.

I like all the names mentioned. Last year or two I would have said Adams, but with his body failing I'd like someone else there.

Steele Sidebottom.
Current vice-captain, he has earned the honour of captaining our famous club. It will be in a Scott Burns-type transitional role, with Nick Daicos appointed his deputy.

My pick would be either Crisp or Bruzzy but I'm thinking that Darcy will get it and he'd be great at it to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like all the names mentioned. Last year or two I would have said Adams, but with his body failing I'd like someone else there.

Steele Sidebottom.
Current vice-captain, he has earned the honour of captaining our famous club. It will be in a Scott Burns-type transitional role, with Nick Daicos appointed his deputy.

It was only a year or two ago that Sidebottom looked cooked. In fact going into this year his spot was rightfully under scrutiny.

He'll likely play every game in 2023 but I'd like to think our next candidate is long-term thinking rather than a token gesture and a tip of the hat to loyalty. The Burns captaincy still just doesn't look right to me.

Adams has been the skipper in waiting for quite some time. I reckon he'd be pretty disappointed to be passed over when Pendles finally steps down.
I hope he gets the nod.
Pendles you are a champion & have been an inspiring skipper for so many years. Thank you!!!!!!!!

As always, Pendles' timing is perfect.
He's done everything except win a Brownlow, he sets a great example on and off the ground and embodies everything that champions are made of.
He would be high on the list of our all-time greatest players.
We salute you champ!

Love Pendles and thanks.

Pleasing that we have several options for the next captain, all of whom would make great leaders, in different ways.

When you think of some of the ordinary captains of other clubs…Lance Whitnall anyone?

No mean feat to be the captain of Collingwood. It has lifelong status.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back