EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that was at the end of 2019. Nothing from this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have thought the 2019 Premiership team would have more than held their own in this division and challenged for a finals spot. From that team Putt (bush) Heatherington (ammos), Sutton (Lions) & Cannolo (Deer Park) have all departed. Questions marks over Knight, Wellington, Barnard and Grigg going on as well ??
New coach will need to bring a few in for them to play finals maybe ?
Interesting to read today that Jock Burns missed out on the job and has been poached by EK.

I would have thought the 2019 Premiership team would have more than held their own in this division and challenged for a finals spot. From that team Putt (bush) Heatherington (ammos), Sutton (Lions) & Cannolo (Deer Park) have all departed. Questions marks over Knight, Wellington, Barnard and Grigg going on as well ??
Interesting to read today that Jock Burns missed out on the job and has been poached by EK.

You are forgetting some of the recruits that were lined up to play this year headlined by Jordy Brady.

Is that the ruckman from abers
Where would he rank against the big men in this Comp

Yeah that’s him. I don’t know anything about the ruckman in this comp but I rate Jordy highly. Great bloke from our junior system and should be hitting his prime as a big man these days.

Thought Jock was better than that, he was screaming from the rafters last year about EK... Anyway , suppose that's the way it goes

They have A womens team, a couple of junior girls teams, they knew about it for 2 years yet let him play 10 games last year. Should have de-registered him as soon as they were notified.
I had to read it several times .... wow!!!
Actually got upset watching the footage, angry in fact and seems many club folk are too :mad::'(:'(

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They have A womens team, a couple of junior girls teams, they knew about it for 2 years yet let him play 10 games last year. Should have de-registered him as soon as they were notified.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

i notice the club has now retracted the original statement after hundreds of negative comments, I agree there will be some long term damage from this.
I can’t for the life of me understand why Grant Smith put out such a supportive post for a vile pig. Grant is a good person and Westy is a good football club but how the hell did they think the original statement was a good idea ?
The footage is harrowing, and that poor girl will probably never recover from that which is heartbreaking. Can’t imagine any of the Women’s players or Mothers/Sisters/Daughters etc. involved in the club can be too comfortable with the clubs stand tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saw the footage today
missed the orginal statement on facebook by Westy, by all reports it wasn't the best.
read the next statement and reading the comments in that one people are angry.

Can you post it mate so we can read or best not to?
l find it unbelievable in todays society that westmeadows footy club kept this now proven criminal around its club where young women play and expect to not worry about their safety. being drunk is not a legal defence . good luck keeping fathers, mothers ,wives and female players fully behind the club let alone sponsors and new recruits.

Pretty much said they support this kid and it was a mistake what he did. Very ordinary.
What was worse was they then deleted the post and comments to try to cover it up. The new statement was just a joke trying to back pedal but that missed the mark because too many people had seen the original.
the worst part is players/supporters trying to defend the club in social media. Be interesting to see the clearances come Feb 1

1ca0ffc6024467b41bfaf9dd00c331a5.jpg

Part 1

3aecacc78e04820902c5ea1511d878f1.jpg

Part 2

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The new statement accounts for nothing. The only reason they deleted the previous one which was supporting this filth of a human is because of the negative comments etc from the community. If there was not negative comments etc this player would be lining up round 1.
Everyone knows where they really stand on the matter.

The Fact it took everyone bashing on their original statement for them to de list him shows how much of a joke the club is.

Disgusting I’m actually appalled. Can’t see a way they don’t loose players, sponsors etc from this.

1ca0ffc6024467b41bfaf9dd00c331a5.jpg

Part 1

3aecacc78e04820902c5ea1511d878f1.jpg

Part 2

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The new statement accounts for nothing. The only reason they deleted the previous one which was supporting this filth of a human is because of the negative comments etc from the community. If there was not negative comments etc this player would be lining up round 1.
Everyone knows where they really stand on the matter.

The Fact it took everyone bashing on their original statement for them to de list him shows how much of a joke the club is.

Disgusting I’m actually appalled. Can’t see a way they don’t loose players, sponsors etc from this.
I start can’t believe Westmeadows people are still supporting the committees handling of this. There is an old saying a leopard can’t change his spots. I’m guessing even though all the hard work they have done to build up their club up it’s still the same old Westy.

I start can’t believe Westmeadows people are still supporting the committees handling of this. There is an old saying a leopard can’t change his spots. I’m guessing even though all the hard work they have done to build up their club up it’s still the same old Westy.
Please clarify your statement "it's still the same old Westy"... What exactly do you mean by this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back