EDFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 weeks for kicking - surely thats a misprint. 7 years maybe?
If not the EDFL has once again sent a pissweak message that this type of behaivor is tolerated.
What a surprise it was West Coburg again!!

"My understanding is, and this was from all parties, that it was not as serious as some of the rumour and innuendo may suggest," EDFL general manager Marc Turri said.
Is this clown serious!! as previously said if it had been a sherrin his head would have gone 60+ metres. Once again the EDFL has been shown to been a weak toothless tiger. They want to be the best league in the state but sadly there actions on this and other matters this year and previous years are making them look completely incompetent.

Typical weak act from the EDFL. Not only do they dish out soft suspensions to all the reports, only 2 players reported from all the incidents is bad enough.
They also fail to mention anything being investigated in to the racial abuse. Being a kid is no excuse, if he has abused him prior to the punch and kick he also
deserves some time on the side lines regardless of what happened to him. However due to the uproar that would come from APW nothing will happen.
The response from both sides supporters to the incident at the game was a perfect example of why many hold a dim view of the EDFL.

What I find quite comical is that the EDFL can hand out 4 Week suspensions during the year for "Abusive Language" and... Well, i need say no more

The league's investigations officer is currently reviewing footage of the division 1 grand final and is expected to return his findings next week.

Say what?

Outrageous. Surely you do that and then hand down suspensions and if required, fines.

EDFL what a farce!! How can they justify a player only getting 7weeks for kicking, he should have got a minimum of year or banned from the league. Regardless of how many times he was/has been racially vilified it does not condone the act, conversely the weak APW player(s) need to be dealt with just as harshly.
There is no room for this type of behaviour in OUR league!! We the football community collectively need to take a stand and eradicate these low life's ( low-life is an opportunist and has no guilt over doing rotten or heinous things) from our clubs and that includes supporters/parents who display similar behaviour. WE the football community - players, volunteers and supporters deserve better.

The league has a lot to answer for, they have and continue to lack effective leadership when it comes to making the hard calls on major issues, an "independent Tribunal" that is both inconsistent and ineffective. The current Board incumbents are not what you would call a innovative group - they claim the EDFL is progressive league and up there with the EFL what a joke. Price and others need to get out of their comfort zone and see what some of the more progressive leagues are doing to improve on and off the field.

In no way do I condone the incident that occurred, it was a disgraceful act. However we have to look deeper into the incident. The poor young man was racially abused all day, from crowd and players on field. If the EDFL finally took a stance against racism as the AFL does incidents like this wouldn't occur. The young many is a talented player and is the subject of racial abuse week in week out and finally cracked on the biggest stage of them all. Many forget he was racially abused at last years GF as well. In no means is it a defense to give young Billy a Sentena O'hAplin toe poke to the gut but have a little compassion for the West Coburg player and put yourself in his shoes.

It seems like no complaint to the EDFL made about racial abuse. You would think if it was that serious (before the incident where he punched and kicked a player) that West Coburg would have done something about it!

He was racially abused when leaving the field and unfortunately his actions brought out the worst in the crowd and as bad as the things were that were said (they should not be accepted) he opened himself up to them through his thugish and weak actions!

Don't play the race card when if he was racially abused something would be getting done about it.

Are you a serious football league EDFL? The 11 weeks handed out for what plenty of well respected edfl people described as "the worst act I've seen on a footy field" is a dead set joke.
When major incidents occur the saying is "judge the players club on their reaction", now it's your turn. I say judge the league on their reaction, yours has been poor.
Yes, there may have been extenuating circumstances... But at no time in life is it okay to kick somebody because you don't like what they are saying.
I can see why plenty of blokes either head off and play country or ammos footy or give the game away considering your weak response to such violent incidents.

There is enough risk involved in playing footy without being belted and kicked off the ball by thugs that continue to get off lightly. Lift your game!!

On a lighter note after all the dramas of last Sunday - Welcome Craigieburn back to Division 1. Saw Nolan has resigned with Pacco. So who's the tip for the coaching job?

West coburg have been renowned for this type of crap since day dot!
I remember 5-6 years ago i witnessed a WC players 'cousin' coming onto the field with his pitbull trying to intimidate opposition players whilst a push n shove was taking place in the middle... Absolute rubbish club they are!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems like no complaint to the EDFL made about racial abuse. You would think if it was that serious (before the incident where he punched and kicked a player) that West Coburg would have done something about it!

He was racially abused when leaving the field and unfortunately his actions brought out the worst in the crowd and as bad as the things were that were said (they should not be accepted) he opened himself up to them through his thugish and weak actions!

Don't play the race card when if he was racially abused something would be getting done about it.

DJ Duke, the problem is the EDFL has always brushed it under the carpet. As per previous comments the EDFL take maters extremely lightly. For example a certain Mores player called a WC a "F'ing Arab Dog" was reported by 2 umpires in which 1 was a boundary umpire 50 meters away. Both said they heard it loud and clear, with the boundary ump explaining that the crowd went wild upon hearing it. In the AFL he would have received at least 6 weeks. Considering it was a opportune time for the EDFL to make a stand they were at their usual best with a piss weak effort of 2 weeks!

The problem with the incident on the weekend and all the others that happen is the fact, deep down they know they will almost get away with it. Until the EDFL makes a stance behavior like this will always happen. One day a player that has been racially or physically abused will take it further than the tribunal, then it will be too late for the EDFL to make a stance. The name will be tarnished!

I have spoken to both individual involved, Iles isn’t sore or have any bruises on his stomach where he got kicked. Fitaxx feels utter remorse for what happened and advise it is extremely out of character. 11 weeks is fair IMO as misses most of the season and the EDFL won’t investigate the racism as they will feel if it gets out it will tarnish there brand.

DJ Duke, the problem is the EDFL has always brushed it under the carpet. As per previous comments the EDFL take maters extremely lightly. For example a certain Mores player called a WC a "F'ing Arab Dog" was reported by 2 umpires in which 1 was a boundary umpire 50 meters away. Both said they heard it loud and clear, with the boundary ump explaining that the crowd went wild upon hearing it. In the AFL he would have received at least 6 weeks. Considering it was a opportune time for the EDFL to make a stand they were at their usual best with a piss weak effort of 2 weeks!

The problem with the incident on the weekend and all the others that happen is the fact, deep down they know they will almost get away with it. Until the EDFL makes a stance behavior like this will always happen. One day a player that has been racially or physically abused will take it further than the tribunal, then it will be too late for the EDFL to make a stance. The name will be tarnished!

I have spoken to both individual involved, Iles isn’t sore or have any bruises on his stomach where he got kicked. Fitaxx feels utter remorse for what happened and advise it is extremely out of character. 11 weeks is fair IMO as misses most of the season and the EDFL won’t investigate the racism as they will feel if it gets out it will tarnish there brand.

FYI and to all
1 In the first quarter the game tone was set due to the umpires not controlling the game.
2 No racial claim until after the punch & kick (Funny about that)
3 Isles has a broken cheek bone from the punch. (Isles Medical expences $)(He pays)
The kick was extreme and while he was laying motionless. (Viewed by many)
= 4 King hit + 7 weeks kicking You can NOT be serious
4 McVeigh hit from behind and out to it. 4 weeks You can NOT be serious
5 R-13 2012 AW Clayton Rogers King hit against E/Keilor Broken Jaw (Clayton Missed 6 games)
(Cost thousands $$$ and 4 hours surgery / plates) Striking 2 weeks What a joke
Set penality given to E/Keilor player. EK said they woud suspend their player however he played in finals for them funny about that.
Seems that Cheap King Hits are worth 2 > 4 weeks each (As per the above)
Seems that kicking is worth 7 weeks max ? (This action was at the HIGH END of brutatility so what would you get for a lesser kick a repremand?) WHAT A JOKE EDFL Tribunal Grow Some Balls!

FYI and to all
1 In the first quarter the game tone was set due to the umpires not controlling the game.
2 No racial claim until after the punch & kick (Funny about that)
3 Isles has a broken cheek bone from the punch. (Isles Medical expences $)(He pays)
The kick was extreme and while he was laying motionless. (Viewed by many)
= 4 King hit + 7 weeks kicking You can NOT be serious
4 McVeigh hit from behind and out to it. 4 weeks You can NOT be serious
5 R-13 2012 AW Clayton Rogers King hit against E/Keilor Broken Jaw (Clayton Missed 6 games)
(Cost thousands $$$ and 4 hours surgery / plates) Striking 2 weeks What a joke
Set penality given to E/Keilor player. EK said they woud suspend their player however he played in finals for them funny about that.
Seems that Cheap King Hits are worth 2 > 4 weeks each (As per the above)
Seems that kicking is worth 7 weeks max ? (This action was at the HIGH END of brutatility so what would you get for a lesser kick a repremand?) WHAT A JOKE EDFL Tribunal Grow Some Balls!

Brilliantly said, however point 4, the player who struck him has not been charged although I did read with interest that there were further investigations pending. I wonder if that is the sniper or are they going for the racial line. I hope it's the sniper and not trying to justify the actions of the kicker by using the racial line.

Also wasnt it a west coburg player that snipered a glenroy player and broke his jaw a couple of months ago ?????? 2 weeks for a king hit its bullshit

I am still dumbfounded...
By the day and what i witnessed with the wider edfl/local football community
Family, friends, children, Grandparents...

The EDFL & tribunal too lenient on this big stage as opposed to during the year home & away games - inconsistency and severity of such minor reports as abusive language etc. are laughable. And the leniency on sniping etc. is becoming shocking imo. Its saying its Ok ..isn't it ? :confused:

Then GF Windy Hill when people who would never go to a game would come, EDFL hierarchy witnessing this and aarrgh

i give up :mad:

West coburg have been renowned for this type of crap since day dot!
I remember 5-6 years ago i witnessed a WC players 'cousin' coming onto the field with his pitbull trying to intimidate opposition players whilst a push n shove was taking place in the middle... Absolute rubbish club they are!

Also wasnt it a west coburg player that snipered a glenroy player and broke his jaw a couple of months ago ?????? 2 weeks for a king hit its bullshit

I remember 25 years ago a West Coburg player severely kicked an opposition player in the head, he had a badly broken hand from punching someone, not much has changed has it?

As retired57 said, EDFL GROW SOME BALLS

The EDFL is weak as piss. Anyone claiming this to be the best league in local footy need to get off the grass, seriously..
Marc Turri is completely incompetent if he honestly believes what he said. I get that they're trying to handle it hastily to move on from it but actions like this can't be dealt with quickly as there are far bigger issues at play. The EDFL had the opportunity to take a stand against this kind of behaviour but were shown to be a complete joke.

Cannot, under any circumstances JUSTIFY or CONDONE the actions of WEST COBURG FOOTBALL CLUB. Enough is enough, West Coburg FC and the League need need to grow some testicles. After this, i don't think i want my son playing in this league

The EDFL is weak as piss. Anyone claiming this to be the best league in local footy need to get off the grass, seriously..
Marc Turri is completely incompetent if he honestly believes what he said. I get that they're trying to handle it hastily to move on from it but actions like this can't be dealt with quickly as there are far bigger issues at play. The EDFL had the opportunity to take a stand against this kind of behaviour but were shown to be a complete joke.

I was on the bandwagon with the EDFL being a quality league and progressing.... but now :thumbsdown:

Can someone please answer these questions...

Q.Which club/s does/did have a connection to or with any of the existing EDFL hierarchy ?

Q.Why was every 'kicking incident' ,when REG ROSE was in charge, given a Life Ban, 15 years etc.?

Q.Dear EDFL.... Why, at the moment is Sniping & Kicking, not that bad ?????

7 weeks for kicking - surely thats a misprint. 7 years maybe?
If not the EDFL has once again sent a pissweak message that this type of behaivor is tolerated.

only facts
amazingly only one umpire saw the the striking incident and he was sitting in the stand - penalty 4 weeks
4 umpires saw the kicking incident 2 in the stand 2 on the ground, no field umpires made a report although there were 3 on the day - penalty 7 weeks
there was no eviedence of any racial vilification proven

i hear Brent Gordon has sighned, massive signing.
Just had a look at West Coburg Website and it is worth a read. Unfortnatley it gives a clear insight of their culture and thinking. I understand they want to defend "their own" , but they have dis-respected the APW player who was vicously assaulted(kicked). Also how dare they speak for the APW player saying that he would want his time over again(insinuating he made a racial comment). I have spoken to many APW players and there was NO RACIAL comment, as usual a WC thug lashed out because things weren't going his way and they try and justify it with playing the Race card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back