EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly , problem is if you drop them and not pay, there is always another club like Abers who will pay them to play reserves or a B or C grade club willing to fork out $$$'s. I've been saying for 2 years, Local Footy is stuffed and this is the exact reason why, players can leap from club to club, raping as they go, sh*t these days everyone thinks it's good form for a player to hang around for 2-3 seasons!!!!. I would love 4 or 5 Premier clubs to stand up say "THAT'S ENOUGH" , we're not paying anymore or put aside $1000 a game to give out to the best 5 players.
Good on Oak Park or any other club if it's right they aren't paying blokes who won't be there next season!

Exactly right, sooner you edfl,nfl clubs etc wake up to it the better.

which is why the VAFA remains the number 1 league in Victoria

none of this nonsense

Is this a quieter silly season or are clubs keeping things closer to there chest this year? Normally plenty of rumours floating around this time of year but pretty quiet in this division.

From Northern FC's FB page.

Hello All,
We have been working feverishly and non-stop since the season finished. 2015 is done, we now look forward to a renaissance of the football club, from a new committee, new presidents/s, new coaches renewed vision and enthusiasm. For those who of you who want to contribute to this, please jump aboard.
Announcements shall be made this week on all coaching positions, pre-season training and compulsory training camp. If you into mediocrity, into half measures, won't put your heart and soul into the club, then we are not for you.

The Saints will make a clear statement in 2016 and into the future, Thankyou for all those who have supported the process over the last few weeks.

To all current players, new recruits and prospective new players, a special Player facebook page is being set up. Further information will follow. Saints Strong 2016!

Exactly right, sooner you edfl,nfl clubs etc wake up to it the better.

which is why the VAFA remains the number 1 league in Victoria

none of this nonsense
LOL what tree have you been hiding under the top div clubs in the Ammos may not give direct player payments but the do offer overs on payed jobs ,part scholarships to schools and the old trick of I bet you a grand you can not jump over this line in the ground and low and behold the player jumps over the line and walks a way with the grand now that's not a match payment but a bet and I saw a flying pink pig the other day

Well that's looking at it from another perspective. I would say 90% of players who fall into that category would demand big $$$'s and didn't live up to expectations(the other 10% the club just doesn't have the $$$). Good on clubs that do it. There's enough blood sucking leeches who put their hand out week after week that don't deserve it.
90% of the players in the AFL( maybe less lol) wouldn't live up to expectations but they still get payed. You give a guy a contract then he should be payed regardless of how well or poor he has performed. If you don't word can spread very quickly.

So any movement on players for next year. I'm hearing that craigieburn looking for a ruckman. Is this as back up to Page or replacement. Or are they wanting him to play fwd more and play 2 ruckman in same team

So any movement on players for next year. I'm hearing that craigieburn looking for a ruckman. Is this as back up to Page or replacement. Or are they wanting him to play fwd more and play 2 ruckman in same team

Cronin and sciberris to oak park
Carey possible to westy and in talks with a couple from Avondale
Burn picked up a couple from nfl(onballers)
Haddy chasing a few from northern saints along with Ahmed saad if doesn't get picked up

Haddy chasing a few from northern saints along with Ahmed saad if doesn't get picked up

Unsure on Carey but I know westy are talking to Ramsay so it makes sense.
Westy have signed a CHF from Avondale, De Britt and his mate Foster from Uni Blacks in VAFA div 1 who is a FF

Kite also met with OP but I hear the locals aren't thrilled with he, Sciberris and Cronin arriving. Might be some work for the coach to kerp player harmony.
Haddy lost a couple to Coburg Districts? Apparently weren't too keen in playing div 1 and also had relationship with coach there.

Kite also met with OP but I hear the locals aren't thrilled with he, Sciberris and Cronin arriving. Might be some work for the coach to kerp player harmony.
Haddy lost a couple to Coburg Districts? Apparently weren't too keen in playing div 1 and also had relationship with coach there.
Cronin is at oak park by from what I'm hearing Sciberras staying at EDS. Am hearing Campbell and X other player from glenroy have signed at oak park.
They could also pick up a 2 time premiership player from Greenvale M Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cronin is at oak park by from what I'm hearing Sciberras staying at EDS. Am hearing Campbell and X other player from glenroy have signed at oak park.

I'm hearing on the grapevine the ex Greenvale player could be D.Smith?

Oak Park seem to be making a play

Cronin isn't a great pick up. 4th B grade club in 5years ? and if they win it will be looking for a 5th club.

Campbell would be just about done wouldnt he ? Would he even get a game at oak park ?

Cronin isn't a great pick up. 4th B grade club in 5years ? and if they win it will be looking for a 5th club.

Campbell would be just about done wouldnt he ? Would he even get a game at oak park ?

I would be surprised if Campbell plays, but his still capable of playing well in div1 I think. His a respected player at that level..

Seems a strange recruitment when you already have Clokes x 2 and Fletcher to kick winning scores. Also not cheap and would carry points????

wow if true. Considering the clokes and kite don't want to play premier level footy, what happens to the club if they win the flag as they should with the list they are compiling?

wow if true. Considering the clokes and kite don't want to play premier level footy, what happens to the club if they win the flag as they should with the list they are compiling?
Kite and the clokes have never said they don't want to play premier league so I don't think they would leave and with some good kids coming thru and and it seems Bugden loves playing them plus they have a lot of points up there sleeve and then the likes of Gordon Heenan page young fynch fletcher plus a few more and the 5 new players they have picked up I think they r in a very good spot

Kite and the clokes have never said they don't want to play premier league so I don't think they would leave and with some good kids coming thru and and it seems Bugden loves playing them plus they have a lot of points up there sleeve and then the likes of Gordon Heenan page young fynch fletcher plus a few more and the 5 new players they have picked up I think they r in a very good spot

I disagree as Kite has always played div1 and rejected offers to play premier in the past. Also why would the Clokes not have gone to a premier club last year.. Pretty simple little fella, they only want to play div1 or B grade.
For the record I'm not criticising them, as its there choice, but just stating facts. At least the Cloke boys have been there, done that, so probably after less commitment these days, but Kite is a bit of a wasted talent playing div1 or B grade.. But the question remains how good is he? Yes his got drafted but his more hot or cold these days.

Unbelievable to think clokes x2 and kite in the one forward line. Would cause headaches for any local coach going around. The rest could be playing for 2nd spot now

Ever since Kite came back fron Adelaide he hasn't played premier. Maybe he hasn't said it but guaranteed premier clubs have asked the question to him. Maybe likes being a big fish in a small pond?

I disagree as Kite has always played div1 and rejected offers to play premier in the past. Also why would the Clokes not have gone to a premier club last year.. Pretty simple little fella, they only want to play div1 or B grade.
For the record I'm not criticising them, as its there choice, but just stating facts. At least the Cloke boys have been there, done that, so probably after less commitment these days, but Kite is a bit of a wasted talent playing div1 or B grade.. But the question remains how good is he? Yes his got drafted but his more hot or cold these days.

First time ever I have agreed with you turbo.

I have it in really good authority that kite has signed at EDS and they will not clear him. Lol. Looks like dejuvu.

Also believe he is heading overseas for a large chunk of the season.

Why do div 1 clubs recruit which such a short term view. I know my club Westmeadows has taking the view that they will only recruit guys that want/will to play premier. Might mean they get there slower but will be better for it if they are lucky enough to get there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back