EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

He'd be 5 points if he hadn't played at Strathmore previously (4 points as a premium player + 1 for placing in the bnf), my understanding of the system was that there was a points reduction for returning to a club that you had previously played for, which would reduce him to a tally of 3.
My understanding is that it's top 5 in league b&f. Or does it include club b&f too

If Sikora has left, Winter gone to Glenroy, Tagilue staying at Essendon VFL & McIntosh not going to Strathmore, who is going to be playing ruck for Strathmore? I'm sure a club like Strathmore has someone lined up!! Anyone hearing anything??

Need to do some research Turbo or check your sources, Taglibue is heading interstate and McIntosh has been at all sessions at the Mores.

EDFLKnowitall nothing you said in that post addressed the substance of my point, about your point and I got thinking about trying to make another point about your last point and thought about the wisdom of that choice based on the point I got from you to my last point.......... Do you get my point?

Funny that, that's how I felt when I read your last point.;)

Surely you get my point now?............ mmmm I thought so..... Its OK I'm sure you will send me a new point to clarify.

EDFLKnowitall I tried to stay open minded , re frame the debate, give you a chance to make your point in such a way that would warrant proper debate BUT as usually happens on Forums you took the dark side of obscuration.

That my friend makes you my number one type of person to avoid, a walking human headache waiting to happen lest I keep engaging, in other words, to win a debate with you my friend is like winning the battle to LOSE the war ;) the war being my personal sanity, a Pyrrhic Victory by another name.

Now see what you have done, you have made me dish up an oxymoron and a tautology in one paragraph.... BAD knowitall!

"A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way. However, the heavy toll negates any sense of achievement or profit (another term for this would be "hollow victory").

My personal rules for protection from the Forum disease of the Pyrrhic Victory:

• Stay on point, don't use obscuration as a tool to win a debate.
  • Use the art/tool of Analogy properly, if it is miss used and people start drawing long bows or ones that have no correlation to the facts at hand, that signals the death of any real intelligent debate, from there it becomes school yard mud slinging. Who yells the loudest wins crap.
So my BigFooty friends after 12 months of abstinence from the joys of frolicking around on BigFooty, it took all of two posts from EDFLKnowitall to remind me that I need another 12 months rest.

Enjoy 2016, Happy New Year to you all, including EDFLKnowitall and may the best points win!

Keep it simple and stay sane in the process
clip_image001.png
see you in 12 months...........

Simple old son! Where have you been since our Shermo conversations 12 months prior? A breath of fresh you do bring to otherwise mundane commentary. In hindsight that sounds like Yoda speak ... but you take my point!

Brad Mangan from Williamstown to Strathmore I hear, that's another 5 pointer for them.

His home club Kyabram trying to sway him back as well as a few other metro clubs. Not done yet to my knowledge but do agree Strathmore is a big chance to land him. Sides really can't afford to recruit to many "big" names as 5 players in could equal 25 points which is 1/2 your total. They do have a fair few home growns though, but hearing they intend to challenge after a disappointing 2015 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back