EFC players: Comfortable satisfaction not reached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being over it personally and it being over are two totally different things. I'd bet at least 99% of football fans have been over it for fair while now, including myself, but this is a long way from being over. This is going to drag out through the whole season and leave players in limbo again.
I'm not talking about this saga I'm talking about the AFL it has Zero integrity, this competition is a complete farce it's fake and fabricated I cannot watch a sport that pulls strings everywhere everywhere to make a buck.

Nothing is out of picture, match fixing, fixtures Cola etc.

Not worth the time investment.

WADA will appeal this.

The fact that they had "not sufficent evidence" doesn't mean that dank/hird Essendon weren't guilty of drugging there players.

There legacy is forever ruined and wads will have the final say in this mess

Essendon's expulsion from the 2013 finals series needs an urgent review.

Given Collingwood lost to Port Adelaide at the MCG in their first finals\ in 2013, it is reasonable to assume Essendon would have beaten Collingwood in the Elimination Final and won through to the Grand Final.

The only way to resolve this is to have the round 2 match versus Hawthorn in 2 weeks time be played for the 2013 Premiership. Hawthorn will always have a tainted 2013 flag due to their inevitable Essendon opposition on Grand Final day being unable to play. That can all be fixed in 2 weeks time, with the two rivals going head to head in the 2013 Grand Final.

tumblr_inline_n9qfb7kWFA1qzeyud.gif

Oh I have, I just figured that there should be a whole lot of defamation actions coming out against the various news agencies, for articles like the Hal Hunter beatup, the details leaked in the interim reported etc so I was wondering if we would find out what was actually administered not what was reported as being administered.

Whatever.... It's football season and I'm looking to playing Sydney in a few days time with a full list. Bring it on :thumbsu:

I'd like to think I'm better than that Lance. I have endured genuine tragedy in my life and am content that I have acted with grace and dignity. You?
yeah I've experienced genuine tragedy and I'm not about to debase it by comparing that to this, seriously! Far out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all players cleared. Come on down 2015!!!!
Are you're entirely comfortable with this verdict? That the players did nothing wrong?

Seems to be just that they escaped through not handing over records, if they even kept any.

But of course we'll see what the full decision is and have more info to make up our own minds then.

WADA will appeal this.

The fact that they had "not sufficent evidence" doesn't mean that dank/hird Essendon weren't guilty of drugging there players.

There legacy is forever ruined and wads will have the final say in this mess
as it stands mate, only one of our clubs has pending drug issues...

It looks to me like the tribunal has only considered 'use' and not 'attempted' use.

From a cursory glance. I need to see the reasons in detail.
Interesting point. They have signed agreements to receive thymosin. In light of ASADAs TB4 ties, wouldn't Essendon have to prove to "comfortable satisfaction" that a variant was injected?

20 pages in 54 mins. Applause for Big Footy :hearts:

Got to admit I was surprised by the result and the speed by which they got to it. Unanimously not guilty I wasn't expecting at all.

It's a good result for the Bombers and I'm pleased as an AFL fan that players can now look forward to playing Saturday. Hopefully the attention returns to the actual game on Thursday night instead of more fighting and legal stuff between the concerned parties. I've got my doubts it won't go further but.

The players have been found not guilty but this is by no means over.

Absolute joke. Stinks of under the table deals cut. How can an investigation go on for over 2 years and this verdict happen? Embarrassing disgrace

That's not a given for a number of reasons. Not the least of which is that defamation works on balance of probabilities. That difference can cut both ways.
Oh ok, but is there was insufficent evidence doesn't that sway it in the players favour that the news agencies reported incorrectly then?

People are so distorted with the facts here.

People / the media have formed an opinion that Essendon got away with taking performace enhancing drugs. Not true or highly unlikely that they were ever given anything that is illegal.

Essendon fans have been saying this all along and they were correct. However Essendon also refuse to acknowledge that their coaches were running their own "clinical trials" on players, injecting them with stuff they barely know what it is. The only reason they are being accused of being "cheats" is that the stuff they were injecting was so undocumented and the purchasing records were so shady that it raised suspicions. They had no idea what they were giving to the players.

HIGHLY unlikely that Essendon are "drug cheats", so people should stop with this routine and educate themselves. in saying that, it's still 100% certain that Hird is an absolute moron for allowing players to be injected with stuff they have no idea about the long term effects of, and he 100% should be fired for his actions. No if's no buts. So Essendon supporters should pull their heads out of their a** and stop acting like their club has done nothing wrong. They tainted the competition with their own incompetence and Hird's stupidity. Essendon are still a major lawsuit target from former players over this, and they better hope that spud rookie that is suing them isn't successful.

Essendon still deserve everything they got from this.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hawks-set-the-pace-in-injection-science-20120924-26hhg.html

Hawks set the pace in injection science

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back