Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The club and player X agree that the player will drop to the rookie list. Player X disagrees, contacts his Manager, fish for offers and then player X asks to be delisted. Switch from primary list to rookie list only happens with player consent - hence why the player slips through to the rookie draft.
Not sure what you mean by slips through to the rookie draft? every player going from senior list to rookie list has to be done through the draft.

Fantasia got played for a couple of games to fill a perceived need, much like Kav did the year before. It means nothing about his chances of game time this coming year. Gleeson came in for a player out on an extended absence and held up the position reasonably well. Just because he did enough to keep getting games didn't mean he came back in automatically later on the in the year. If Howlett or Myers had been injured around the time that Aylett really hit form then Aylett could well have ended up with a similar count to Gleeson for the year... I might be stretching the concept a little, but my point is that timing and filling needs, dictates who gets promoted more than any other factor.
In short i keep an open mind about concept that Gleeson is going to be a star while the likes of Aylett warranted demotion.

This is absolutely correct. The inside miss can't get games because the team is already full of these types. O'Brien and Aylett were recast as different players and were the most consistent VFL players all year. They've developed as much as any player this year.

If Wright was to do a Brodie Grundy and slide from being a top end pick to a late teens pick, do you think we would consider him with #17 if he slid that far?
There is zero chance of it happening but if it did we'd be stupid not to at the very least seriously consider him.

Miller I like, probably a late 2nd round pick. McKenzie I don't like, has no flexibility about where he can play.

Wasn't much of a problem for Lloyd. :)

McKenzie is listed as a forward / ruck. Guess anyone that tall is automatically considered a ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't much of a problem for Lloyd. :)

McKenzie is listed as a forward / ruck. Guess anyone that tall is automatically considered a ruckman.
That's not true, Lloyd always had the ability to play further up the ground, and the game has changed a lot since his retirement. Flexibility is king in the AFL nowadays. McKenzie will be no better than Daniher or Carlisle out of the square, but severely restricts them playing in the same side.

Not sure what you mean by slips through to the rookie draft? every player going from senior list to rookie list has to be done through the draft.

Because if Player X agrees to be demoted to the rookie list - There is a gentleman's agreement that no-one touches this player - And there are at least 3 current examples in 2014.

Can someone please explain why people rate De Goey? His highlights package is pretty average compared to others. Cockatoo, Lamb and Miller for example.

Can someone please explain why people rate De Goey? His highlights package is pretty average compared to others. Cockatoo, Lamb and Miller for example.

I rate him highly because I've actually seen him play more than just a 2 minute highlights package, a poor man's Jimmy Bartel to use a comparison we're all very familiar with.

That's not true, Lloyd always had the ability to play further up the ground, and the game has changed a lot since his retirement. Flexibility is king in the AFL nowadays. McKenzie will be no better than Daniher or Carlisle out of the square, but severely restricts them playing in the same side.

I see your point but the need for a consistent lead up forward is to great at the moment.

I'm sure we can teach the kid a few more tricks.

I believe Carlisle is an excellent defender. He should be moved down back where he can dominate and influence games on a weekly basis. As a forward he's to inconsistent.

If McKenzie can pair up with Joey, that allows Carlisle to go down back and with Fletcher's retirement at the end of the season, it could be timely.

I see comparisons to Ziebell, inside mid that can take strong overhead marks up forward. Looks the goods.

I see your point but the need for a consistent lead up forward is to great at the moment.

I'm sure we can teach the kid a few more tricks.

I believe Carlisle is an excellent defender. He should be moved down back where he can dominate and influence games on a weekly basis. As a forward he's to inconsistent.

If McKenzie can pair up with Joey, that allows Carlisle to go down back and with Fletcher's retirement at the end of the season, it could be timely.
I would rather someone like Keitel. He's going to be better than McKenzie and is far more flexible than him. I can't see McKenzie making it, he's simply too limited in what he can do.

i know its not the done thing around here to watch a highlights package and rate a player... but i do think there are some things you can take from a highlights package.

Cockatoo seems to have that rare ability that the 'stars' have like SJ, like Mercuri, like Rioli, like Ablett....

In traffic when they get the ball they almost take a step back and tread water, waiting for the opponent to come to them so they can evade them...

take me on take me on he says! shades of M. Long...

Has the big body too, bit of Burgoyne about him. i know hes a hype player right now but we missed Rioli when he wanted to get to us... i dont want to miss this one.. geez i hope he slips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back