Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking something similar, if the SUNS think they're ready to challenge then it's not a bad pick-up. Just comes down to exchanging picks etc to keep everyone happy.
like the Boyd/Griffen trade
Griffen clearly better but getting long in the tooth.
Boyd a highly touted young player (despite playing like garbage so far but hindsight 20/20)

Deledio better but only a few years left in him. and if GC can stay healthy they are defs a finals team

Prestia a gun youngster that will be a part of richmonds rebuild

Prestia + 22 for Deledio +6 that DHepp21 suggested sounds alright but I think that slightly favours GC
maybe Prestia +22 +steak knives would work

If I were Richmond I wouldn't do that if I could help it, if they're serious about rebuilding they've got to keep Pick 6 (though all the talk about getting experienced guys like Prestia and Cloke suggests they haven't learned their lesson). If anything they should be looking to add as many top 20-30 picks as possible and then nailing them. Having said that though given they don't have a 2nd rounder it'd be difficult for them to do the deal without Pick 6, their only hope would be to get an early 2nd rounder for one of their OOC players and packaging that with Deledio for Prestia though tbh I think of the OOC player they have, the only one close to being worthy of an early 2nd rounder is Houli.
but drafting is not an exact science.
For better or worse you know what you're getting with Prestia.
I'd be loathe to lose pick 6 as well but a alternative is Richmond drafting another Tambling at 6, or more recently Reece Conca

If I were Richmond I wouldn't do that if I could help it, if they're serious about rebuilding they've got to keep Pick 6 (though all the talk about getting experienced guys like Prestia and Cloke suggests they haven't learned their lesson). If anything they should be looking to add as many top 20-30 picks as possible and then nailing them. Having said that though given they don't have a 2nd rounder it'd be difficult for them to do the deal without Pick 6, their only hope would be to get an early 2nd rounder for one of their OOC players and packaging that with Deledio for Prestia though tbh I think of the OOC player they have, the only one close to being worthy of an early 2nd rounder is Houli.

He makes more sense for the Tigers than us. Their midfield is more of a blank canvass than ours is. We probably just need a couple of tough, big bodied contested ball winners to have a fairly complete midfield and adding anything else doesn't fix our lack of midfield balance; by comparison they've only got 3 decent mids and any quality midfielder regardless of style adds a lot to them. As for picks vs players, is there any guarantee pick 6 will get them anyone better than Prestia? At least with Prestia they know what they're getting.

It's Richmond. They won't do it. Yes it would put them right at the back of the pack however they just aren't prepared, never have been, to take that leap needed to get them to where they want to truly be. They live in a box, no one is allowed outside of said box, nor is any thinking.

I'd be loathe to lose pick 6 as well but a alternative is Richmond drafting another Tambling at 6, or more recently Reece Conca
All true, if I were a Richmond fan though I'd be worried that the club is continuing to make the same poor decisions when it comes to list management. They still seem to be deluding themselves into thinking they aren't far off a flag.

He makes more sense for the Tigers than us. Their midfield is more of a blank canvass than ours is. We probably just need a couple of tough, big bodied contested ball winners to have a fairly complete midfield and adding anything else doesn't fix our lack of midfield balance; by comparison they've only got 3 decent mids and any quality midfielder regardless of style adds a lot to them. As for picks vs players, is there any guarantee pick 6 will get them anyone better than Prestia? At least with Prestia they know what they're getting.
All good points, I just think that whoever their list manager is, is completely inept and has no idea how to rebuild properly. Their U23 talent is really quite poor (probably 2nd only to North).

It's Richmond. They won't do it. Yes it would put them right at the back of the pack however they just aren't prepared, never have been, to take that leap needed to get them to where they want to truly be. They live in a box, no one is allowed outside of said box, nor is any thinking.
Agreed it's just extremely poor management. If it were us, I'd be saying look I don't care if it means short term pain and stripping the list right back. I just want long term success.

How many quality talls are we talking about? Don't you need to finish bottom 6 or lower to get a quality key position player. Otherwise its really hit or miss.

Merv Keane and Adrian Dodoro has a somewhat reasonable strike rate outside the first round.

Jake Carlisle (pick 24)
Cale Hooker (pick 54)
Patrick Ambrose (rookie - has become a somewhat reasonable foot soldier for us)

Josh Jenkins (rookie - yeah, was traded but we identified his talent)
Stewart Crameri (ditto Jenkins)

The only real misses are

Michael Still (drafted as a 17.5 year old before they changed the cut off age)
Sean Gregory (a bean pole kid who was imho, cut presumptuously)

I don't know if that is the lack of KPP's we have drafted or the talent identification of Dodo.

Next years draft is suppose to be full of quality KPP's, would be ropable if we off loaded next years first for another midfielder when we are going to pick one up in this years draft with a top end pick and the chance at another with pick 19.

Merv Keane and Adrian Dodoro has a somewhat reasonable strike rate outside the first round.

Jake Carlisle (pick 24)
Cale Hooker (pick 54)
Patrick Ambrose (rookie - has become a somewhat reasonable foot soldier for us)

Josh Jenkins (rookie - yeah, was traded but we identified his talent)
Stewart Crameri (ditto Jenkins)

The only real misses are

Michael Still (drafted as a 17.5 year old before they changed the cut off age)
Sean Gregory (a bean pole kid who was imho, cut presumptuously)

I don't know if that is the lack of KPP's we have drafted or the talent identification of Dodo.

Next years draft is suppose to be full of quality KPP's, would be ropable if we off loaded next years first for another midfielder when we are going to pick one up in this years draft with a top end pick and the chance at another with pick 19.
Completely agree if we offload next years first and miss out on a really high quality tall forward, I'm going to be incredibly pissed off. But if Dodo listens to Woosha hopefully we'll be alright (which I think we will because I'm pretty sure Dodo hasn't been in charge of drafting for a few years, he's more involved in bringing in outside talent via trade/free agency).

The only player I would even consider trading this years and next years first rounders for is Hogan.

Last edited:

Richmond love a fringe player.

Pick 6 + something else probably nets them Prestia, Nicholls and someone like Seb Tape

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take our picks to the draft.

Don't **** around with trading this year.

Starting to lean to this option, although GC will likely get pick 6 so they have more currency to play with if we did want to trade with them for picks.

Hartley
Hurley
Daniher
Hooker
That's our spine now. Hopefully draft battle and have a developing KPF on the list.

He's comfortably among the better players taken at pick 9, with his development years sorted, coming into his prime, and yet isn't worth a top 10 pick? The only thing that would diminish his value is if this current injury proves chronic.

Reckon you will end up with a better player at pick 6 - Prestia is seriously over-rated on BF - He's a good standard midfielder - As a point of comparioson, I rate Heppell higher than Prestia - Finally, Richmond are crazy to pursue Prestia in their current position.

Is Nicholls actually trade bait?
I thought they let Zac Smith walk coz Nicholls was their man

I couldn't give a rats tossbag about the GC so I couldn't actually say, I just brought him up because there was an apparent media link before Hampson came (relatively) good, and Maric/Vickery being completely done means they need another big man.

That could be Nicholls or it could be Schade or Leslie

Reckon you will end up with a better player at pick 6 - Prestia is seriously over-rated on BF - He's a good standard midfielder - As a point of comparioson, I rate Heppell higher than Prestia - Finally, Richmond are crazy to pursue Prestia in their current position.

No one has wanted to go to Richmond, basically ever. They're compelled to do it.

And you would easily throw Pick 6 and them some to get Heppell

Talent wise pick 6 for Prestia is fair, only concern would be injury history. and at least you are getting a proven talent (however high you rate that talent)

Also Prestia is only 23, so if RIchmond can actually admit they need to rebuild a 23 year old very solid mid is a good starting point

Pick 6s from the 2006 draft onwards
Mitchell Thorp - Worse
David Myers - Same
Chris Yarran - Worse
Gary Rohan - Better
Reece Conca - Worse
Chad wingard - Better
Jackson Macrae - Same
Matthew Scharenberg - Broken
Caleb Marchbank - Unknown

thats roughly a 50% chance you'll hit on someone better than Prestia, even less as this is supposed to be a weak draft.

And If you're Richmond do you really trust yourself to hit on a high draft pick??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back