Eight extend until 2015: Cameron, Coniglio, Greene, Treloar, Smith, Mohr, Townsend and Golds

Remove this Banner Ad

Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
Jess Ries (media manager) just tweeted that there's an announcement at 2:30pm, and last night Fox Sports tweeted that Dave Matthews would be announcing player signings today.

We can only assume it'll be these boys:
A1f4gnJCUAEi_Jj.jpg

It looks like Cameron, Greene, Coniglio and Giles will be amongst them, the others a little harder to tell. Suggestions have included Townsend, Tyson, Treloar, Smith.

Bugg, Shiel, Tomlinson, Buntine and Kennedy were already locked up through 2015 earlier in the year, in all likelihood it'll be the same for these guys.

Huge news for the club to lock up this kind of talent early in the piece.

I might make the suggestion that there is no Taylor Adams and thus there would be no Devon Smith.

Maybe Shaun Edwards?

How many signings/extensions did The Suns get in their first year?

I might make the suggestion that there is no Taylor Adams and thus there would be no Devon Smith.

Maybe Shaun Edwards?
Good point, maybe they'll be in the next batch with Patton...

Yeah looking at it Edwards could be one of the oranges. I guess we'll find out in two hours!

Make that EIGHT:

Coniglio, Smith, Greene, Golds, Mohr, Townsend, Treloar, Cameron

As David Matthews points out, all of the record 7 Rising Star nominees have now extended until 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome news... So good to head into the off season with such a sense of optimism for the years ahead!

This is remarkably good news for the club - but I'd still be happier if I saw Giles and o`hAilpin resigned.

I don't think you have to worry about O'Hailpin, considering he was delisted by Carlton and has been out for the year with a torn ACL.

You really have to give it up for the Lamberts and the whole Breakfast Point campus idea, the young guys have obviously formed a bond together.

Every Vic club would've been lining up to poach Cameron and I always thought Coniglio would go back to WA, with all the HUN rumours that he didn't want to move to Sydney.

GWS must be relieved they didn't drop the rumoured 1.5mil a year during the offseason on Cloke!:eek:

This is remarkably good news for the club - but I'd still be happier if I saw Giles and o`hAilpin resigned.
Giles will be an interesting one - unless I'm forgetting someone, he's out most valuable player coming out of contract. If anyone who was going to test the market, it'd be him. Then again, they could be negotiating terms with him as we speak...

If Giles left it would be a slap in the face to GWS? They did give him a go after being with port for 4 years not getting a game and then being delisted right?

Wouldn't mind seeing Adams resign soon, Hoskin-Elliot and Tyson I want to see stay.

Players like Sumner and Haynes have not shown as much this year but they are high draft picks and of course need more time.

Sam Frost is a surprise package and seems to bust his gut because he was over looked in the draft and picked up as a rookie, GWS having faith and extending his contract would make him explode I would think.

If Giles left it would be a slap in the face to GWS? They did give him a go after being with port for 4 years not getting a game and then being delisted right?

I see it the other way around - Giles has played his guts out for GWS, beating Brogan out as the #1 ruckman. From his point of view, its a slap in the face to not be offered a contract extension at something better than minimum wage.

I can definitely see interest in him from Port, St Kilda and Collingwood.

I see it the other way around - Giles has played his guts out for GWS, beating Brogan out as the #1 ruckman. From his point of view, its a slap in the face to not be offered a contract extension at something better than minimum wage.

I can definitely see interest in him from Port, St Kilda and Collingwood.

You can add the bombers and the dockers to that list, as there is a possibility we could swap rucks with either one of these teams

I don't think you have to worry about O'Hailpin, considering he was delisted by Carlton and has been out for the year with a torn ACL.

You really have to give it up for the Lamberts and the whole Breakfast Point campus idea, the young guys have obviously formed a bond together.

Every Vic club would've been lining up to poach Cameron and I always thought Coniglio would go back to WA, with all the HUN rumours that he didn't want to move to Sydney.

GWS must be relieved they didn't drop the rumoured 1.5mil a year during the offseason on Cloke!:eek:

Another example of how clueless the hun is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back