News Eight Tigers make the AA squad- Congratulations to Rance, Martin, Riewoldt and Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, it's going to be difficult for all 8 to make it.

Still great that 8 players are recognised.

Lets see if they do the usual and go for attacking half backs cause they look better on the telly than a lock down defender.
I reckon they should pick the defenders who can play on the AA forwards.
I know who I’d play on Bruest

Josh Caddy-50/50 Good start and end to the season. Small quite patch in the middle
Trent Cotchin-30/70-Good start. Quite since but still played well. Others have been better
Shane Edwards 70/30-Great all year long and has recieved a lot more media attention this year. Is AFL 2nd for score involvements.
Dylan Grimes-90/10-Great chance to make it and should make it.
Kane Lambert 80/20-Good year but loads of competition in his spot
Dustin Martin 95/5-Start and awsome year despite being down on last year. Lock for bench at a minimum.
Alex Rance 95/5-See Dusty
Jack Riewoldt 100/0 Best forward in the game by a mile. Lock. Chance to be Captain as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Caddy-50/50 Good start and end to the season. Small quite patch in the middle
Trent Cotchin-30/70-Good start. Quite since but still played well. Others have been better
Shane Edwards 70/30-Great all year long and has recieved a lot more media attention this year. Is AFL 2nd for score involvements.
Dylan Grimes-90/10-Great chance to make it and should make it.
Kane Lambert 80/20-Good year but loads of competition in his spot
Dustin Martin 95/5-Start and awsome year despite being down on last year. Lock for bench at a minimum.
Alex Rance 95/5-See Dusty
Jack Riewoldt 100/0 Best forward in the game by a mile. Lock. Chance to be Captain as well.

I reckon Lambert, Caddy and Cotchin will fall short. And probably rightly so given who they are competing against.

Grimes, Rance, Dusty, Jack are all locks.

I would love Shane Edwards to be recognised. He embodies our success. His uniqueness and style has designed the whole structure and brilliance of the team. Stats wont get him in. But his ability and importance to the success of 18-game winning team is incomparable to 95% of the 40 players selected.

Only EIGHT! Hahahahahahahahha!

Shane Edwards is a must IMO. Everything he touched this year turned to gold. Was pure pleasure watching him do his stuff this year.

Congrats to all the boys who were selected. Astbury and Short served notice that they are close to or are already top drawer. AA has shown in the past that to be sure of a spot you usually need a couple of good seasons.

Interesting to see therefore if Tom Stewart gets it over Grimes. Grimes unfashionable but the best lock down defender in the comp for mine.

Just reward for the eight who made it. I think we'll have four in the team.

Jack, Dusty, Rance and Edwards. Fingers crossed on Grimes.

Only EIGHT! Hahahahahahahahha!

Shane Edwards is a must IMO. Everything he touched this year turned to gold. Was pure pleasure watching him do his stuff this year.

Congrats to all the boys who were selected. Astbury and Short served notice that they are close to or are already top drawer. AA has shown in the past that to be sure of a spot you usually need a couple of good seasons.

Interesting to see therefore if Tom Stewart gets it over Grimes. Grimes unfashionable but the best lock down defender in the comp for mine.

Just reward for the eight who made it. I think we'll have four in the team.

Jack, Dusty, Rance and Edwards. Fingers crossed on Grimes.

Reckon they'll go Stewart over Grimes unless they recognise Grimes as being at the level for more than one year. Stewart has been good this year, didnt think he was as good last year

Reckon they'll go Stewart over Grimes unless they recognise Grimes as being at the level for more than one year. Stewart has been good this year, didnt think he was as good last year

Yer that was my point I guess. Generally they don't reward a single good year (otherwise Shorty must have been in discussions). Did Stewart even play last year? I thought he was picked up as a mature ager. I stand corrected if that's not the case. Grimes is up against the fact that he's not a high possession, run and carry defender. Stewart is a good player but Grimes has locked down year in year out and has been superb this year.

Yer that was my point I guess. Generally they don't reward a single good year (otherwise Shorty must have been in discussions). Did Stewart even play last year? I thought he was picked up as a mature ager. I stand corrected if that's not the case. Grimes is up against the fact that he's not a high possession, run and carry defender. Stewart is a good player but Grimes has locked down year in year out and has been superb this year.

Yeah he played. Dusty put him on his arse with a dont argue in the QF. good times.

Josh Caddy, Trent Cochin, Shane Edwards, Dylan Grimes, Kane Lambert, Dustin Martin, Alex Rance and Jack Riewoldt are all the 40-man group, who will make it?

Id like to see Grimsey in it. But he's kinda ungainly and unfashionable. Steward, Tom, has the blonde hair and dashes off FB and gets noticed.

Lambo, so many mids hard to get in.

Cotch, no.

Joshua Caddy - competing with bruest and and gunston et al.

Edwards - YES!!!! Surely. Probably on the bench as he doesnt have the goals against his name the forwards do. Good anyway, true utility.

RAnce and Jack - certainly
Martin - most likely

Remove this Banner Ad

Back