Radio EON:New sports radio station to launch this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay so I just had my first (and prob last) ever listen to EON. All I am hearing are ads for Tesco and the traffic on the M6 in the West Midlands has a lane blocked and there is a lorry broken down somewhere.
You are listening to the biggest sports radio station in the world, TalkSport. I've been listening to it for years for the Premier League.

You are listening to the biggest sports radio station in the world, TalkSport. I've been listening to it for years for the Premier League.

Fantastic, Great. I am well aware of TalkSport radio.
But with the tennis on (Boring!!!) what a great opportunity to be doing live feeds from there and really promoting the station especially at 4pm in the arvo not morning traffic conditions across Britain and white outs from snow in Sussex.

This station will either be cooked by mid year or become a permanent feed of Talksport here in Australia.

seems like the station is in trouble. Would love to see it succeed but I noticed Monday night they weren't covering the a-League and had the Poms on

seems like the station is in trouble. Would love to see it succeed but I noticed Monday night they weren't covering the a-League and had the Poms on

Yeah I think their programming is too complex. You never know if you are going to get NBL or the A League, English sport or live programming.

Their weeknight evening programs are all over the place and it's different every night. They would be better to have a regular show with a host and segments but I suspect they have sold the on air time.

Switching over to TalkSport for a month probably saved them some money but they would of lost what few listeners they had.

Yeah I think their programming is too complex. You never know if you are going to get NBL or the A League, English sport or live programming.

Their weeknight evening programs are all over the place and it's different every night. They would be better to have a regular show with a host and segments but I suspect they have sold the on air time.

Switching over to TalkSport for a month probably saved them some money but they would of lost what few listeners they had.

The one thing about their website is there's no easy layout (on one page) to what is on exactly when.

Especially when covering multiple live sport, it needs to be done weekly.

Last edited:
Stunned if the new about Bianca Chatfield is true.
She doesnt strike me as some one that would walk and seems a pretty loyal person. I follow her on twitter and noticed she was re tweeting SEN things and nothing from EON but i thought she was on a long break, When the station was launched and if you google news about EON you will see her in a lot of them , she was the face of the place and without wanting to insult the others clearly the biggest sporting name.
If someone was going to go then surely Jack or one of the 'replaceables' that are all just run of the mill but cannot understand why they would finish her up after just one year if that.
But what is just as poor nothing from Jack or anyone for the last month when i have been listening ...fat zero mention now thats bolody insulting to Bianca as well , at least Harford and Maher at SEN and the Collingwood boys at the racing station were mentioned in the news that they were going.
The A League and NBL have vanished ( did Bianca take them with her ) and I still listen but my love for the place is being tested and I am afraid it is going downwards quicker than a buffet and Richie Callander

The arvo show with Cam and Luke seems to have been cut back from 5 days to 4 days a week?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stunned if the new about Bianca Chatfield is true.
She doesnt strike me as some one that would walk and seems a pretty loyal person. I follow her on twitter and noticed she was re tweeting SEN things and nothing from EON but i thought she was on a long break, When the station was launched and if you google news about EON you will see her in a lot of them , she was the face of the place and without wanting to insult the others clearly the biggest sporting name.
If someone was going to go then surely Jack or one of the 'replaceables' that are all just run of the mill but cannot understand why they would finish her up after just one year if that.
But what is just as poor nothing from Jack or anyone for the last month when i have been listening ...fat zero mention now thats bolody insulting to Bianca as well , at least Harford and Maher at SEN and the Collingwood boys at the racing station were mentioned in the news that they were going.
The A League and NBL have vanished ( did Bianca take them with her ) and I still listen but my love for the place is being tested and I am afraid it is going downwards quicker than a buffet and Richie Callander

A whisper I heard is that pays have been late - very, very reminiscent of SEN version one.

Also, when I tune into drive and don't hear news at 4pm on a weekday... that ain't a good sign.

PLUS. their website hasn't been updated in ages... all signs pointing to 'lights out' very soon.

A whisper I heard is that pays have been late - very, very reminiscent of SEN version one.
Or in some cases, still not paid and outstanding for 5+ months.

It's not a whisper. It's the truth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or in some cases, still not paid and outstanding for 5+ months.

It's not a whisper. It's the truth.
That seems hard to believe , are there not laws against that sort of thing we just had the 7/11 and a few others get into big trouble for not paying staff correctly but to not pay someone for 5 months then thats got to be a serious breach of any employment.
Been a while since I spoke to my buddy at EON and not sure how you ask someone that sort of question.
You have to also think what employee is going to keep turning up at any work if he is not getting paid let alone for 5 months.
I remember years ago working for places where you didnt cash a cheque till a few days in case it bounced or where super wasnt paid on time but 5 months seems hard to believe.
The company would be breaking some big laws but you ask why any employee hasnt taken action outside through the proper authorities.
Years ago you heard rumours of some SEN not getting any pay for their efforts despite being on air for hours each week but nothing as serious as you are raising Tim Tam

I have no idea of the company structure but didn't they just buy 2CH at the end of last year? They already have a few stations so the company must have money even if EON sports is struggling.

I repeat if an employee hasnt been paid in that long then sometimes you have to ask why do they keep turning up.
I am not saying its their fault but you cant be sorry for someone that keeps rocking up to something if they are being treated that way.

I repeat if an employee hasnt been paid in that long then sometimes you have to ask why do they keep turning up.
I am not saying its their fault but you cant be sorry for someone that keeps rocking up to something if they are being treated that way.

Of course you can if you're not a jerk. Eon actively sought out people trying to get a start in the traditional media industry, those people developed loyalty to the company that gave them that opportunity and there are no other traditional media companies hiring in large numbers.

Peoples career dreams/goals are exploited by shitty companies all the time.

What I can't figure out with EON Sports (and I'm an ex-Commercial Radio person) is why they are not taking a feed from Talking Sport London without triggers?

Triggers allow you to fire off local station IDs and ads. When they switch over to Talking Sport currently, that means there's not a single ad they can sell and can't even brand and promote their station.

That's community radio in the 90s amateurish.

What happened to the poster who was so positive about this station working out? From memory he was promoting the station in a big way, even on the SEN thread
Staffi, he posted in this thread 4 posts ago or so.

Obviously was at eon, then got fired or left the company since he's not talking them up anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back