Premier Lg EPL Matchday 27 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Painful 48 minutes that.

Started off really well but totally lost composure after the goal.

Dominated the rest of the half and should early have finished off a couple of the chances we created.

I don't think foden on the right and doku on the left is working. I'd be tempted to swap for a bit in the second half or bring doku off.

Haland has got to do better with a couple ofthe chances he's had.

Defensively we seem incredibly naive at times and it seems that all it takes is a well timed punt forward and we go to pieces. Wouldn't surprise me to see them score again even though their playing really defensively.

It's worse when someone of Haaland's calibre is replicating those efforts though.
Even the world's best can be prone to the odd mishap over their careers.

Put him in that position 100 times and 99 times he'll score, we just saw the 1. Put DCL in that position and well it's not quite 99/100.

Rashy when clean through 1v1 and then couldnt control it will be the tale of this game. 2-0 and you give United a chance to at least hold on for a draw. A one goal advantage wont be enough, particularly given how deep they are sitting and still look lazy.

It's actually incredible watching United nowadays, considering I grew up on SAF's United. To watch them now, it's fantastic. They are just so s**t haha.

Having said that, geez I hope they hang on but the way they are playing you cant give City another 20 shots in this second half cos the damn will break and when it breaks, it will flood. They need to do something different.

Foden once again demonstrating why he is vital for any mediocre hope England have of success at the Euros. Southgate will therefore bench him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southgate is nuts picking Saka over Foden. Foden is clearly superior to Saka. Cracking goal.
He could play Saka on one flank and Foden on the other, though Bellingham probably winds up in whatever slot Foden or Saka miss out on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back