2nds Essendon vs Footscray Bulldogs Sunday 22nd May, 2016 Windy Hill at 12.00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Webb injured? Saw the photo on Facebook page jacket on boots off in the huddle
he's wearing boots he just wears blue boots, but seems to have some heavy strapping on the upper leg so you'd think he's had a huge corky or a hammy.

Will Lynch be upgraded to the main list at the end of the year?
No rush, but if he keeps improving he could even get a temporary upgrade this year. Dog knows we've got enough LTIs. Bev might want to see how he goes with a couple of games in the heat of the seniors (as he did with Roarke and Zaine last year).

Only problem is some VFL watchers have said he's still a fair way off, despite showing promise. No point putting him on the main list if he's not going to get a senior game and/or if he's going to occupy a list spot and stop Dalrymple selecting another late draft special. I'm guessing (from reports) that his development trajectory might see him ready for a senior game some time in 2017, so why not just keep him as a rookie?

Webb had no ice in the video where they sing the song, so we may have managed his minutes for a call up soon?

No rush, but if he keeps improving he could even get a temporary upgrade this year. Dog knows we've got enough LTIs. Bev might want to see how he goes with a couple of games in the heat of the seniors (as he did with Roarke and Zaine last year).

Only problem is some VFL watchers have said he's still a fair way off, despite showing promise. No point putting him on the main list if he's not going to get a senior game and/or if he's going to occupy a list spot and stop Dalrymple selecting another late draft special. I'm guessing (from reports) that his development trajectory might see him ready for a senior game some time in 2017, so why not just keep him as a rookie?
It sounds kinda ... petty but basically you don't upgrade rookies because then you have to pay them more/it has minor implications for the salary cap.
Seeing as we've got enough LTI's anyway we've got enough spots to upgrade anyone for between now and the end of the year (Adcock upgraded for Crameri and we have Prudden and Murph with LTI's and you can upgrade one halfway through the year anyway).
So it's more a question of if he's going to play or not and we don't have to worry about list spots, and he'll get upgraded accordingly.

Cannot believe Footscray VFL, Webb gets bad corky right on quarter time. I cannot believe in this day and age, Club has no exercise bike on boundary, or in rooms for him to ride.
Every team in local, and country Victoria has one, unbelievable, disgraceful really.
Anyhow he was finished for the day after a brilliant first quarter.
Very good win, Russell outstanding, Dunkley great game, Minson again rucked all day, Hamling good. I gave Declan Hamilton a wrap last week, but must go harder at the ball, have my doubts there.
Another good win again this week at Windy Hill, after good effort at Port last week. GO DOGGIES.

Cannot believe Footscray VFL, Webb gets bad corky right on quarter time. I cannot believe in this day and age, Club has no exercise bike on boundary, or in rooms for him to ride.
Every team in local, and country Victoria has one, unbelievable, disgraceful really.
Anyhow he was finished for the day after a brilliant first quarter.
Very good win, Russell outstanding, Dunkley great game, Minson again rucked all day, Hamling good. I gave Declan Hamilton a wrap last week, but must go harder at the ball, have my doubts there.
Another good win again this week at Windy Hill, after good effort at Port last week. GO DOGGIES.
Because the Bombers dont allow that to happen
They are very restrictive about whats allowed on the ground at any time

My club has had issues with them
Nothing new from them

Never let the truth get in the way of a good rant.
Not exactly bp's fault. How was he to know? Perhaps he could have gone in a bit more gently but it's a fair question to ask. I do enjoy a good rant though.
Thanks vital for the inside info!

Because the Bombers dont allow that to happen
They are very restrictive about whats allowed on the ground at any time

My club has had issues with them
Nothing new from them
I don't understand what you are saying, for heavens sake you can put an exercise bike anywhere, why would you not have one in the rooms ????? stick one in the bloody car park if you have too, but you have one, to keep players players on the ground.
Webb should have been on bike for 20 minutes of second quarter, and then return to try leg out, not have the poor kid jogging on boundary, then send him on as lame as a sick duck.
Who cares what they allow on the ground, it's irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fVyGwjD.png

gWiOXUy.png

Mmmm ... Honeychurch with 8 tackles, Dunkley with 7 marks.
Could use a bit of that in the ones.

Impressive stats from Russell again. And Fossie's boy Jamieson had 10 tackles too.

Left field question: is Jordan Russell a better footballer than Jed Adcock? Russell has been Mr Reliable in Footscray's defence for some time. He's bigger, stronger, certainly no slower, one year younger and most importantly makes excellent decisions. Did we have a better rookie under our noses or am I just star gazing?

Left field question: is Jordan Russell a better footballer than Jed Adcock? Russell has been Mr Reliable in Footscray's defence for some time. He's bigger, stronger, certainly no slower, one year younger and most importantly makes excellent decisions. Did we have a better rookie under our noses or am I just star gazing?
Didn't realise Russell was that young. Certainly better than Adcock. Particularly his decision making has really improved over the last few years.
Adcock looked good at VFL level, so it would be hard to know how Russell word go in the ones.

Minson getting dominated in the hitouts is a little surprising isn't it? Honey and Dunkley pushing hard every week for selection. Webb too if it wasn't for the injury...

Josh Dunkley is going to be a very good footballer. Has a 'Mr September' vibe about him.

Honeychurch's tackle count really reflects his work ethic. Didn't think he was as good against the Dons as he has been of late (surprised he had 31 touches, didn't think he was that involved), but he's more than earned a place in the seniors.

Real shame about Webby. Was moving really nicely before his injury. We can afford to be patient, but I'd just love to be getting AFL games into him.

Staley, Deery and Dalgleish all showed a bit. We recruited well over the summer.

Surprised Edwards' stats are so good, didn't impress me all that much. Eades looks like a nice prospect, faded in and out of the game but he'll get time. Francis was pretty good on debut, was a step behind the play but took a few nice marks.

Just like that Footscray are 5th place. Our off season recruitment has started to pay off. Wyatt and Deery have been a steal from the development league

Not really. Will is finished, unfortunately. Just can't jump.

Why do you care so much about Wil being able to jump? He has never been much of a jumper.

He is a great body player, and he has been a lot better at ruck contests around the ground than centre bounces for his entire career, for that very reason. Which is not a bad thing thing because there are more ruck contests around the ground.

Look at the other columns in the stats table, if Campbell had stats like that people would be raving about how awesome he was playing. By the way how many hit outs did Wil have the week before last?

I still hope that Campbell can improve and fulfil his potential but to date he has delivered very little for his many opportunities, and considering he should be in his prime, his overall performances have been disappointing. I think his position should be under more scrutiny, because I don't think he is clearly earning his spot ahead of Wil. It surprises me that so many seem to be satisfied when our ruck combination of Roughead and Campbell just breaks even with the opposition.

Clearly Bev thinks there isn't a great fit between his game style and Minson's capabilities. Although I think that Bev is proving himself the be an excellent coach, he is certainly still fallible, and I think he may be wrong in this case.

If Wil had played AFL last week instead of being stuck in the VFL, then I would have been a lot more confident about our chances of victory. I hope he gets a chance to prove he has still got what it takes and proves a few people wrong.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back