Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Between his apparent ability and the domestic incident I just want him gone, you're a better person than I am!
I think I give to many players the benefit of the doubt sometimes :p . I just cannot see any club offering any serious bid for him. He's been here six months, we already want to get rid of him, he's only managed to appear in five Premier League league games, has got arrested and we're looking selling him. That'll scare any team off, I don't want to through £13.5m down the drain.

What if we try and make him a permanent winger? I just feel we've really got to try.

It appears that Steve Walsh the head of recruitment at Leicester is signing on as our director of football!!

Joe Anderson (the mayor of Liverpool) put up a photo of him in a meeting with Moshiri and Kenwright stating a new stadium in two years is achievable.

Last edited:
It appears that Steve Walsh the head of recruitment at Leicester is signing on as our director of football!!

Joe Anderson (the mayor of Liverpool) put up a photo of him in a meeting with Moshiri and Kenwright stating a new stadium in two years is achievable.

Would be ideal if an underground railway station was built under Stanley Park to benefit both clubs. We can't expand beyond 60k until transport infrastructure is improved. Only problem is Goodison needs a complete rebuild -all stands are ancient. Only the main stand at Anfield was an old structure. Perhaps you guys could rebuild Goodison one stand at a time until it's a modern 50k seat venue?

Yeah he nailed a few things at Leicester, but apart from the recent stuff I'd like to know his track record. Is he a lot better on the cheaper/unknown signings, or will he be the difference to bring in someone that could play Euro football but will come here instead to join the project?

Still, hopefully he gets appointed & we can make some damn signings! Hopefully truth in the Carvalho rumours...

Would be ideal if an underground railway station was built under Stanley Park to benefit both clubs. We can't expand beyond 60k until transport infrastructure is improved. Only problem is Goodison needs a complete rebuild -all stands are ancient. Only the main stand at Anfield was an old structure. Perhaps you guys could rebuild Goodison one stand at a time until it's a modern 50k seat venue?

It would need be a new stadium altogether, they want it to be more than just a football stadium so needs to be something modern to make it a whole complex.

Unfortunately expanding Goodison is just to big of task and it really limits what we can do to the stadium. As Ossie said we'd intend to make a big complex envolving more than just a stadium and there's just no room on the Goodison site unfortunately.

The two sites that it's down to are the northern docks on the "Liverpool waterfront" site or Stonebridge Cross park.

The northern docks site would be amazing, just imagine a brand new stadium on the docks of Liverpool. The site however is owned by a private group of investors who have already stated their intent to turn the 60 hector area into an office and residential space full with multi-storey buildings. Where as Stonebridge Cross site is owned by the Liverpool City Council who are onboard with the move, we'd have no problems building the stadium there and will be cheaper however it is out of the Liverpool city.

Yeah he nailed a few things at Leicester, but apart from the recent stuff I'd like to know his track record. Is he a lot better on the cheaper/unknown signings, or will he be the difference to bring in someone that could play Euro football but will come
He worked at Chelsea as their European Scout (imagine clubs having just one scout in Europe now) he worked under Jose Mouriniho and apparently played a big role in bringing in the likes of Didier Drogba, Gianfranco Zola and Michael Essien to Chelsea.

He then became the cheif scout of Newcastle but left the role to follow Nigel Pearson to Leicester City in 2008 and become an assistant manager, he followed Pearson to Hull as his assistant for a year in 2010 and then the two of them returned back to Liecester City in 2011. It was during this second stint he moved back into the recuruitment game helping take them not only into the Prem but then do the impossible and win the league. So he's got a good amount of experience in all different roles through out England. Moshiri must really favour personal with experience in the Premier League, clearly seemed a big thing behind chasing Koeman so hard.

You guys were looking at Kirby as an option for awhile. I believe there was an enquiry about the Stanley Park site where we had plans approved for a new stadium but discarded those and decided to remain / expand Anfield.
Kirkby move was always to far away, the locals and season ticket holders were going insane at the possibility of having a stadium out there. I'd love to play at Stanley Park. A whole new football complex could be built to help both clubs and public transport hub could be there to help both clubs and the city but the people of Liverpool don't want to see their inner city parks turned into a football stadium, we had our proposal to look into building at Walton Hall Park, (opposite the freeway from Stanley) knocked back.

Sadly times have changed since the Stanley Park move was approved and the Liverpool City council is now ran by Joe Anderson who wasn't incharge of Liverpool when Liverpool FC had the permits agreed to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watched the game last night? Solid hit out, Barnsley are a few weeks ahead of us in their preseason schedule. Can't complain with three goals and a clean sheet. Barkley, Del and Mirallas all looked really good. Was very impressed with Tarashaj too, had a very nice 30 minute cameo. Looked very lively

Simon Jones from the Daily Mail (who's very good with Everton transfer rumours) and Di Marzio are reported Everton have agreed to a £25m transfer fee with Zenit for Witsel.

Simon Jones from the Daily Mail (who's very good with Everton transfer rumours) and Di Marzio are reported Everton have agreed to a £25m transfer fee with Zenit for Witsel.
I'd heard that the clubs had been happy on the proposed deal for some time but Witsel's agents were holding back trying to either get more cash or wait for a CL club to bite.

I'd heard that the clubs had been happy on the proposed deal for some time but Witsel's agents were holding back trying to either get more cash or wait for a CL club to bite.
It appears that way but hopefully this it the clubs way of making I a now it never situation, get a fee agreed, offer him a good contract and make him either take it or we move on and presue other targets.

Imagine Witsel as a box to box midfielder with Carvalho next to him as a deep lying midfielder.

Witsel has joined Everton, Napoli, Inter Milan and Everton again in 2 weeks. I'll just believe it when he's holding the shirt, £25mil on someone with a year on his contract though :drunk:

Witsel has joined Everton, Napoli, Inter Milan and Everton again in 2 weeks. I'll just believe it when he's holding the shirt, £25mil on someone with a year on his contract though :drunk:
Unfortunately there's just a lot of interest in him, if he wanted to leave and no one else was bidding on him we could've used this as a bargaining tool but Zenit have said they've received four offers for him so you're worth whatever teams are willing to pay for you.

I do think £25m is a good price to pay, Zenit paid £35m for him in 2012 and he's been one of their best players since then.

What do we make of Gerry's stint as a striker last night? Maybe something Koeman thinks he can experiment with to exploit his pace?

Also Davies played right back again (as he did so in Austria) - linked up really well with some good passes from all accounts.

What do we make of Gerry's stint as a striker last night? Maybe something Koeman thinks he can experiment with to exploit his pace?

Also Davies played right back again (as he did so in Austria) - linked up really well with some good passes from all accounts.
He made some good runs and did pretty well but he was playing against a defence that played League One last season. I think he'd struggle way to much holding the ball up and when he's got to have his back to the goal. It's good to try these sort of things out in the preseason, if we have a terrible run of injuries, a striker gets sent off or something happens he's with out a doubt an option but I don't think I'd want to rely on him to play as a striker I want to see him running at defenders, crossing and starting up counter attacks on the wings.

I thought Tommy Davis did pretty well at right back, clearly not he's natural position but he's a class act, very exciting prospect.

I think the two of them playing in different positions is Koeman seeing if they can put in a shift at those positions if we're ever desperate but if he didn't play them in those positions who would've? He didn't start anyone who'd been away at the euro's so with Niasse not named at all and apparently off to Turkey on loan, no one knows where Kone is. Koeman didn't have any other options really. Same with at Rightback, Kenny is away with the England U/19's and Coleman just returning we didn't have any other options there either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back