F1 2023 - The Rise of Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Haas can't afford a rookie. KMag might not get good results but at least he isn't crashing all the time.
It's also no wonder they suck when they have to adopt that mindset. Playing it safe just to survive, knowing you're gonna suck whilst trying to stay optimistic.

Since RB took ownership of AT they have won 6 constructors championships.
in the same time Mercedes have won 9.
Cant see an outstanding argument that RB have an advantage here.
It's about to change. They are starting to change alpha into a more competitive team. How is that fair? When there's at least one team with there own engine wanting to come in and teams are saying no because there is too many teams now and RB have two how is that fair? It's wrong and they shouldn't have a second team. Have said it from day one.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Since RB took ownership of AT they have won 6 constructors championships.
in the same time Mercedes have won 9.
Cant see an outstanding argument that RB have an advantage here.
It's a bit hard to make any sort of argument without knowing how many constructor's championships RB would have or should have won without AT, and by what margins. Plus we don't know how any advantage would increase or decrease over time. Why would RB have AT in the first place if there was no advantage to it?

It's about to change. They are starting to change alpha into a more competitive team. How is that fair? When there's at least one team with there own engine wanting to come in and teams are saying no because there is too many teams now and RB have two how is that fair? It's wrong and they shouldn't have a second team. Have said it from day one.

The rules are turning them into a more competitive team, not RB otherwise they would have done it years ago.

The rules are turning them into a more competitive team, not RB otherwise they would have done it years ago.
There are still other teams wanting to come in and they are going to be blocked. And redbull have two teams. It isn't right. I'll never agree it's right to have two teams. Again Ferrari were told they weren't allowed when they wanted it.

There are still other teams wanting to come in and they are going to be blocked. And redbull have two teams. It isn't right. I'll never agree it's right to have two teams. Again Ferrari were told they weren't allowed when they wanted it.

They pay the money to be a team. They were the only ones willing to buy Minardi back in the day. Don't see the problem

It's a bit hard to make any sort of argument without knowing how many constructor's championships RB would have or should have won without AT, and by what margins. Plus we don't know how any advantage would increase or decrease over time. Why would RB have AT in the first place if there was no advantage to it?
You can apply those sentiments to every sporting competition in the world.
How is the AFL fair with concessions, priority picks and funding to minnow teams?
The list of “unfair” advantages to teams across the globe is endless.
And in the eye of the beholder.

Other teams are being blocked by the majority of the present teams.
They don’t have to block them and at best RB would have two votes out of ten. That’s not a majority.

Oscar's rookie season was pretty impressive, especially when viewed against the rookie seasons of other drivers on the grid.

Of course having your first season in a car and a team that was on a rapid rise helps a lot - had he taken to the track in an Alpine in 2022 his rookie season would have looked far less impressive

But Oscar and his manager Mark Webber played a big role in how he got to McLaren. Stating the obvious but his smarts on and off the track is a combination that will take him a long way in the sport I reckon.

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 7.06.43 am.png

Last edited:
Oscar's rookie season was pretty impressive, especially when viewed against the rookie seasons of other drivers on the grid.

Of course having your first season in a car and a team that was on a rapid rise helps a lot - had he taken to the track in an Alpine in 2022 his rookie season would have looked far less impressive

But Oscar and his manager Mark Webber played a big role in how he got to McLaren. Stating the obvious but his smarts on and off the track is a combination that will take him a long way in the sport I reckon.

View attachment 1882069
So what you're saying is that Logan Sergeant > George Russell?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly thought Sainz and in particular Stroll would be on a lot more. 3 million for Stroll when daddy owns the team seems rather low.
I doubt Stroll bothers to check his account to make sure his money's gone in every week.

$1M - right down the bottom, just above Sargeant.

Looks like Honda are paying RB to give him a seat - explains why Lawson couldn't get a gig, despite comprehensively outperforming him while Ricciardo was injured last year.

Not even looks like. It has pretty much been categorically stated that Honda want a Japanese driver in a seat in return for their money.

$1M - right down the bottom, just above Sargeant.

Looks like Honda are paying RB to give him a seat - explains why Lawson couldn't get a gig, despite comprehensively outperforming him while Ricciardo was injured last year.
Oh I saw him.
Just was amazed at the dollar value.
A much better driver than he is being paid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back