F1 Championship 2018 - Round 4 - Azerbaijan

Remove this Banner Ad

On another note. I think RB have to have some objectiveness in their dealings with the drivers. You guys would remember the Rosberg/Hamilton clash in Austria? No doubt it was blatant from Rosberg. But I think he wouldn't have done it that way if he felt he'd been fairly dealt with in the earlier crash in Spain, and being punted off in Canada. It's probable DR/MV will have another crash before the season's out.

As much as I love Kimi, I think the Ferrari seat should go to someone else next year. I dont really see Bottas in danger as he is doing ok. Lewis would love to keep him as he knows he can beat him.
Remember Hamiltons shenanigans when he had to drive with Alonso at McLaren? Same s**t will happen with Danny if he goes there.
Vettel SEEMED to get along with Dan OK.
It's not a secret it's Kimi's last year.

It's not a secret it's Kimi's last year.

Probably.

I don't think Dan will go to Ferrari though, and Ferrari seem to be grooming Leclerc as their long-term man. He's showing plenty but I've always had this feeling he'll get two years in the Sauber to get his craft, with Kimi continuing into 2019. To be fair on Kimi, he's driving his best since he joined Ferrari again, and probably just as well as when he was at Lotus.

Probably.

I don't think Dan will go to Ferrari though, and Ferrari seem to be grooming Leclerc as their long-term man. He's showing plenty but I've always had this feeling he'll get two years in the Sauber to get his craft, with Kimi continuing into 2019. To be fair on Kimi, he's driving his best since he joined Ferrari again, and probably just as well as when he was at Lotus.
It will be Kimi's decision to walk away.

He was their last world champion.

Probably.

I don't think they'll put LeClerc in this early, I reckon it's almost certain Dan won't be a Red Bull driver next season it's just a matter of where he will be

I don't think they'll put LeClerc in this early, I reckon it's almost certain Dan won't be a Red Bull driver next season it's just a matter of where he will be

At a pure guess I'd say at the moment it's something like:

Merc 45%
RBR 20%
Ferrari 20%
Renault 15%

Having said that, Mercedes are quite happy with Bottas, and he's doing very well - would have been leading the championship if not for the puncture!

If Lewis decides to pack it in, something he's half hinted at a few times, it could be Dan and Bottas at Merc. Having said that I think Lewis will stay for a while.

Renault would be a huge risk, but may end up ahead of RBR-Honda next year if RBR go that way. Straight swap with Sainz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kimi walked at the end of 2009. He was still under contract.
Ferrari would have booted Massa to accommodate Kimi and Alonso.

If he walked by choice that would mean Ferrari wouldn't have needed to pay him out in his last year.

Ferraris choice confirmed here:
https://www.crash.net/f1/news/155488/1/ferrari-explains-raikkonen-exit-admits-alonso-concerns

Massa was performing better than Kimi in 08/09 and Massa was no Senna.

It's 2018 not 2009 & he was paid a small fortune to walk away last time...

Yes and its been 5 years since he won a race let alone a title.

At a pure guess I'd say at the moment it's something like:

Merc 45%
RBR 20%
Ferrari 20%
Renault 15%

Having said that, Mercedes are quite happy with Bottas, and he's doing very well - would have been leading the championship if not for the puncture!

If Lewis decides to pack it in, something he's half hinted at a few times, it could be Dan and Bottas at Merc. Having said that I think Lewis will stay for a while.

Renault would be a huge risk, but may end up ahead of RBR-Honda next year if RBR go that way. Straight swap with Sainz.
I like the sound of Danny Ric @ Renault :)
Lets make that happen

Ricciardo going to Renault would be a s**t career move for him at this stage. He wants to move up, not down.

My money’s on a Ferrari move.
It would be a Webber to Williams type move. Career killer.

Could be.

Williams were clearly on the way down though in 04 after JPM’s good 2003 campaign though. Webber chose to ignore Flav’s advice to go to Renault and look how Fernando went! I think Webber would have been far closer to Alonso than Fisi was, and Fisi did ok.

Renault seem to be on the opposite trajectory. I think in 2-3yrs they’ll be winning races semi-regularly, especially if RBR take Honda engines. If RBR to end up with Honda, I think Ricciardo to Renault is the best choice of those two teams.

Ferrari or Merc are the better options of all though, of course.

Could be.

Williams were clearly on the way down though in 04 after JPM’s good 2003 campaign though. Webber chose to ignore Flav’s advice to go to Renault and look how Fernando went! I think Webber would have been far closer to Alonso than Fisi was, and Fisi did ok.

Renault seem to be on the opposite trajectory. I think in 2-3yrs they’ll be winning races semi-regularly, especially if RBR take Honda engines. If RBR to end up with Honda, I think Ricciardo to Renault is the best choice of those two teams.

Ferrari or Merc are the better options of all though, of course.
I wonder if the Honda thing is on his mind too. They've done much better with Toro Rosso this year but they're still way off.

A swap with Sainz would be interesting, it would pair the Sainz and Verstappen families again, and they don't like each other.

How did it kill his career?
That Williams was crap next the Renault at the time.

Alonso and Fisi had much more reliable and faster cars. Webber had a donkey.

Who can forget it shitting the bed when he was in 3rd at Monaco.... and on his pace he was pushing for a potential 2nd....

Flavio can be a right tosser but he was right about that.

GO DR

Remove this Banner Ad

Back