fair trade for mcintosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that Geelong would probably rather trade a player than a pick because, given their current list position, it they trade McIntosh in without trading a player out, they will have to cut someone, just to be able to use 2 picks in the draft (with Stringer elevated).

So which player/s would be a fair trade?

I'd say:
Gillies = Traded/Delisted
Stephenson = Delisted (If we get McIntosh)
Brown = Trade table

Cowan/Shroder borderline.

I'm guessing that Geelong would probably rather trade a player than a pick because, given their current list position, it they trade McIntosh in without trading a player out, they will have to cut someone, just to be able to use 2 picks in the draft (with Stringer elevated).

So which player/s would be a fair trade?
Given that if McIntosh does come and North will need back up ruckmen, think O. Stephensen would be a good trade. Small contract and the best ruckmen in the VFL which is where Mc would be playing.
Actually that sort of makes him a better player really...No deal !!

AFL will probably turn into the same way that the NBA has. 4-5 teams competing for the Premiership on a regular basis and that being all the rich/big market teams. Small market teams struggling to bring in any free agents, having to solely rebuild through draft, then their good young players eventually get pilfered lol.

Yes, the future isn't looking particularly good at North.

Makes sense now why you all seem so narrow minded about letting a bloke who's not even playing leave...

I'd say:
Gillies = Traded/Delisted
Stephenson = Delisted (If we get McIntosh)
Brown = Trade table

Cowan/Shroder borderline.

I don't think we will trade Brown just yet. He will get a look down back next year to see how he goes first...

AFL will probably turn into the same way that the NBA has. 4-5 teams competing for the Premiership on a regular basis and that being all the rich/big market teams. Small market teams struggling to bring in any free agents, having to solely rebuild through draft, then their good young players eventually get pilfered lol.

Bollocks. The AFL is run to maximize revenue by keeping everyone interested through the salary cap and draft. Free agents could move to top clubs for more fame or lower clubs for more money and game time. We don't know what will haooen, except we know there's no automatic division into classes, any more than there ever has been and less than there was up to the last 20 years.

I'd suggest we get back to focusing on H, but no-one knows anything about that either.

4. In all likelihood, neither North nor Geelong will be going for a premiership next year, so what will it really cost you?
I wouldn't be so sure about that comment.

Yes, the future isn't looking particularly good at North.

Makes sense now why you all seem so narrow minded about letting a bloke who's not even playing leave...

Mm, nah. Future's looking pretty good.

I referred earlier in the thread to Maric as comparison for the value of backup ruckmen.

Another comparison....When Maric wanted out because he wasn't getting a game, Adelaide supporters recognised a good clubman and understood why he wanted out, so genuinely wished him well. North supporters in contrast are better summed up by "Stuff the player, what's in it for us?".

I can only hope for their clubs sake their management isn't so myopic. Mind you, considering their president threatened to take his bat and ball and go home last elections when things didn't look like going his way, and nobody seems to want to go to North even though they moved into the 8 and seem to have more upside ahead of them, perhaps they are.

The main problem with this comparison is that Maric had never achieved anywhere near what McIntosh had before he was traded.

The main problem with this comparison is that Maric had never achieved anywhere near what McIntosh had before he was traded.

That's why North fans are being children about trading a player you're not using and wants out?

but Maric never had his injury issues or is at the end of his career

early talk of HM for a first round pick was crazy talk, if you get a second round - take it and run.

Simpson would have to be ahead of Stephenson in the delisting order, has been on the list for a lot longer and hasn't shown as near as much the big o did in his debut season. Not all man mountains turn out to be Sandilands so quit being so optimistic.

If you can't work it out from the info I posted then you are clearly not capable of discussing footy with me.

Ever thought that maybe you are more obtuse than you think. Your proposed trades were proven to make little sense, maybe your quotes are the same.

I don't think we will trade Brown just yet. He will get a look down back next year to see how he goes first...

Geelongs future midfield: Sellwood, Caddy.......................???????
Norths future midfield: Goldstein, Swallow, Ziebell, Cunnington, Atley, Adams, Greenwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norths future midfield: Goldstein, Swallow, Ziebell, Cunnington, Atley, Adams, Greenwood
Harper, McDonald, McKenzie - plus whoever we pick up this year.

We are in very very good shape. F..k him - he will watching them play in grand finals together.

Harper, McDonald, McKenzie - plus whoever we pick up this year.

We are in very very good shape. F..k him - he will watching them play in grand finals together.

Oh s**t, McDonald, how could I forget the jewel in the crown?!:eek:

I figure Geelong will need to grab a Caddy every year for the next 5 years in order to get near our present group.

Ahhh... Duncan and Christensen are pretty good. Varcoe is not a bad player. If you're throwing in Atley, I'll throw in Murdoch and Taylor Hunt. Stringer can play the Adams/Greenwood role pretty well, I'd suggest. Then blokes like George Horlin-Smith and Guthrie who can go through there, and of course, players like Menzel, Smedts and Motlop who will all spend time there... I'd argue that we'll be ok...

Not to mention we're still going to get 3, maybe more years out of Bartel, Kelly, Johnson, who are ok players themselves, and actually show up to play against all teams, not just GWS and GCS *cough*Boomer*cough*...

Ahhh... Duncan and Christensen are pretty good. Varcoe is not a bad player. .

Did you miss the bit where I stated "midfield"?

Or

Were you waiting for me to mention Thomas, Harper, Bastinac, Wright, Anthony, Campbell, McKenzie, Kennedy and Macmillan?

Oh s**t, McDonald, how could I forget the jewel in the crown?!:eek:

I figure Geelong will need to grab a Caddy every year for the next 5 years in order to get near our present group.

Just when I thought you couldn't make a bigger fool of yourself I read another of your posts. Stupidly Geelong have allowed Ablett, Chapman, Ling, Corey, Selwood, Kelly, Bartel & Ottens to rack up Brownlows, Norm Smith medals, All Australian selections and Premierships while North all along have been the real winners, showing us how it's done.

But for arguments sake I think Geelong has just as talented a midfield group. Take the ruckmen out and I think it's pretty similiar actually.

Selwood vs Swallow
Duncan vs Zeibell
Christenson vs Adam
Taylor Hunt vs Cunnington
Caddy vs Atley
Stringer vs Wright

Harper, Mcdonald, McKenzie
vs
Horlin-Smith, Schroder, ??

Green being my opinion on the better player. To be honest not a lot seperates them in my book but certainly I don't think our group is any less talented. We're maybe a bit behind in depth but not surprising as we've got a lot more talented older players.

Regarding ruck i'm happy to conceed we don't have a no.1 ruckmen close to Goldstein which is why we are chasing McIntosh for the attractive price of a late 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Did you miss the bit where I stated "midfield"?

Or

Were you waiting for me to mention Thomas, Harper, Bastinac, Wright, Anthony, Campbell, McKenzie, Kennedy and Macmillan?

Ahhhhh? Christensen and Duncan are mids.

Varcoe kicked a pretty reasonable goal first up in the 2011 Grand Final (do you know what a Grand Final is???) from the middle there too... Not sure I follow you, champ...

Simpson would have to be ahead of Stephenson in the delisting order, has been on the list for a lot longer and hasn't shown as near as much the big o did in his debut season. Not all man mountains turn out to be Sandilands so quit being so optimistic.
Simpson has plenty of upside and spent a season recovering from back surgery. Big men take time and he's shown enough to warrant another year.

To all those continuing to respond to Hard_to_Beat forget it, he's a offended troll with limited knowledge.

Ahhhhh? Christensen and Duncan are mids.

Not in our side.

They would be half forwards.

Varcoe kicked a pretty reasonable goal first up in the 2011 Grand Final (do you know what a Grand Final is???) from the middle there too... Not sure I follow you, champ...

Your problem is now clear for all to see.

You have no clue as to the role of a modern half forward.

They also wouldn't have won a flag, in your side... Maybe you don't understand the modern midfielder...

Oh Christ, Shannon Motlop and Shane Clayton have also won flags.

You are officially clueless.

Go and find pick 25 so you can have Mcintosh, and stop wasting my time.

Having a better young midfield than Geelong is not going to win you too much silverware. Probably 12 sides could say the same thing.

Given best on ground in the Grand Final was a 31yo midfielder, there might be a few old boys who have a few more campaigns in them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back