Fairfax (now Nine) and other left-wing media bias in Australian political coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

This shouldn't surprise anyone. It's not a subscription site. It's there to drive traffic with clickbait. Cf The Australian for example.

The editorial stance however is extremely poor. All headlines, story placement, % of opinion pieces for and against are all heavily slanted towards the left. It is a media company heavily weighted towards online readership where most content is shared on social media, which slants heavily left, and thus produces alot of left-wing clickbait.

You know that you haven't demonstrated this at all, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure why this thread is really getting air time. The OP can't actually read English. There are clearly quotes around the Morrison is lying, but to the uneducated they have no idea what that is.

Read all the other examples presented in English. Read the explanation regarding the subtle bias used by SMH and how so in that example. There's no point you being a troll when there's plenty of other material here for you to sink your teeth into.

An article about "BIG BUSINESS" setting out its demands/expectations/wish-list is something that foments leftie outrage at corporations controlling politicians. Therefore, it's a left-wing article aimed at you, getting you angry, and you don't even realise it. lol.

Read all the other examples presented in English. Read the explanation regarding the subtle bias used by SMH and how so in that example. There's no point you being a troll when there's plenty of other material here for you to sink your teeth into.

An article about "BIG BUSINESS" setting out its demands/expectations/wish-list is something that foments leftie outrage at corporations controlling politicians. Therefore, it's a left-wing article aimed at you, getting you angry, and you don't even realise it. lol.
Everything is biased against you then if a) it supports the opposition viewpoint or b) supports your viewpoint which only serves to reveal how toxic that viewpoint is.

I can see why you're perpetually outraged then

Everything is biased against you then if a) it supports the opposition viewpoint or b) supports your viewpoint which only serves to reveal how toxic that viewpoint is.

I can see why you're perpetually outraged then

Bog standard Big Business prejudice,

Mike Carlton got it! A total hatchet job pandering to "Big Business" prejudice to excite the left.

if a) it supports the opposition viewpoint or b) supports your viewpoint which only serves to reveal how toxic that viewpoint is.

Let me explain slowly...it reinforces and confirms Labor's running theme that "Big Business" is entitled and expects favours from Government. It's full of loaded language.

Gee some of you (all of you?) are not very good with your English skills and comprehension...

Similar to Murdoch endorsing Blair, Rudd etc. They see the writing on the wall and pretend to be with the people.
So essentially they support the right unless its obvious labor / labour will win and then they get behind the winning side?

You are upset that most of the time they support your side of politics but occasionally they bend with the hurricane and flip so they seem with it?

Last edited:
Let me explain slowly...it reinforces and confirms Labor's running theme that "Big Business" is entitled and expects favours from Government. It's full of loaded language.

Gee some of you (all of you?) are not very good with your English skills and comprehension...
You mean the big business that:

Just had a royal commission (banking) and has been caught committing fraud amongst a lot of other things

Used its power to help unseat a government over the mining tax (mining)

Continues to resist paying tax with elaborate tax dodges (both multinationals and local) apple and google making billions and paying peanuts and 732 australia companies paying zero in tax last financial year.

Refuses to train apprentices and trainees and instead 457’s workers in. (Mining, trucking AND coles delicatessen staff)

Is this the big business you are talking about - or is it another big business that we have a perception of that is greedy and entitled?

Would just love you to clarify how you think they arent entitled.

So essentially they support the right unless its obvious labor / labour will win and then they get behind the winning side?

You are upset that most of the time they support your side of politics but occasionally they bend with the hurricane and flip so they seem with it?

Erm no...you quoted my post where I said it was like how right-wing Murdoch swings behind an obvious left-wing victory (Rudd in 2007, Blair in 1997). Just as, I said, left-wing Fairfax had to swing behind an obvious right-wing victory (Abbott in 2013).

As I was saying about poor comprehension skills...

Erm no...you quoted my post where I said it was like how right-wing Murdoch swings behind an obvious left-wing victory (Rudd in 2007, Blair in 1997). Just as, I said, left-wing Fairfax had to swing behind an obvious right-wing victory (Abbott in 2013).

As I was saying about poor comprehension skills...

But what of Turnbull in 2016? His victory was far from obvious.

Would just love you to clarify how you think they arent entitled.

I'm not arguing one way or the other. I'm saying that was NOT a positive piece for business/the right as some here originally thought it was. It is a loaded piece that yes, as you have just said yourself, confirms to the left that big business is entitled...

But what of Turnbull in 2016? His victory was far from obvious.

Sorry, it was in the lead up - the media lazily drifted off (and so did both campaigns), all expecting Turnbull to win 51-49/comfortably with an obvious smaller minority. It was a shock on the night when he didn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back