Lingsface

Premiership Player
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Just an interesting topic for the off season a bit of fun.
To qualify your father had to of played AFL or a wafl sanfl vfl in the pre afl era.

D Fletcher M Scarlett St Silvagni
A Rance C Cornes A Macintosh
B Cousins J Kennedy M Richardson
L Whitnall J Brown T Mitchell
J Daniher T Hawkins H Bunton jnr

L Darcy G Ablett J Watson

T Liberatore N Daicos H Shaw J Bowden

I’m sure I’m missing a lot but what an impressive team! Would have to be a chance to beat the team of non father sons.

To qualify your father had to of played AFL or a wafl sanfl vfl in the pre afl era.

I’m sure I’m missing a lot but what an impressive team! Would have to be a chance to beat the team of non father sons.
Very impressive team. Maybe I would find a spot for Travis Cloke, ahead of Whitnall.

I am gobsmacked.... where is Will Ashcroft?

CheerfulElegantEyra-size_restricted.gif

Jack Viney needs to be in there please.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_drafted_to_the_Australian_Football_League_under_the_father–son_rule

Using this complete list I would select (In a functional team - not just the best 23 players)

FB: Dempster - Scarlett - Mcintosh
HB: Bowden - Fletcher - H. Shaw
C: Cousins - Kennedy - Richardson
HF: Davis - Brown - Ebert
FF: T. Cloke - Hawkins - Waite

C: Darcy - Watson - Ablett

B:Mitchell - Liberatore - Moore - R Shaw
S: N Daicos

E: Viney - Daniher - Wallis

Is the only criteria that their old man played footy? Or that they were taken under the F/S rule?

I ask because there are blokes like Rance and Bunton who weren't F/S for either the Eagles or the Dogs where his dad played.

Also you've named 5 full backs in your back 6....... Not sure that's going to make for a balanced side.

I'd do mine as follows if we're talking about blokes actually taken F/S:

FB: J Bowden - M Scarlett - S Silvani
HB: H Shaw - D Fletcher - N Daicos (calling it early because the back flankers aren't great)
C: B Cousins - T Mitchell - J Kennedy
HF: M Richardson - T Cloke - J Waite
FF: N Davis - J Brown - T Hawkins
Fol: L Darcy - G Ablett - J Watson
Bench: McKintosh, Ebert, Daniher, Viney

Dunno, I used to lie awake at night wondering the same thing but about priority draft picks and high draft picks.

It really is amazing that in a sport where grass roots development is almost NEVER rewarded - and ironically the 4 clubs who do it the most are causing everyone else to lose their mind - that fans can be so vocal about one strand of player drafting that comes down to complete fortune…… and ignore the fact that the entire basis of player drafting that the whole comp is based around, comes down to a combination of luck, and simply. Being. F***en. s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_drafted_to_the_Australian_Football_League_under_the_father–son_rule

Using this complete list I would select (In a functional team - not just the best 23 players)

FB: Dempster - Scarlett - Mcintosh
HB: Bowden - Fletcher - H. Shaw
C: Cousins - Kennedy - Richardson
HF: Davis - Brown - Ebert
FF: T. Cloke - Hawkins - Waite

C: Darcy - Watson - Ablett

B:Mitchell - Liberatore - Moore - R Shaw
S: N Daicos

E: Viney - Daniher - Wallis
Couldn't fit Marc Murphy but Ebert makes it?

Is the only criteria that their old man played footy? Or that they were taken under the F/S rule?

I ask because there are blokes like Rance and Bunton who weren't F/S for either the Eagles or the Dogs where his dad played.

Also you've named 5 full backs in your back 6....... Not sure that's going to make for a balanced side.

I'd do mine as follows if we're talking about blokes actually taken F/S:

FB: J Bowden - M Scarlett - S Silvani
HB: H Shaw - D Fletcher - N Daicos (calling it early because the back flankers aren't great)
C: B Cousins - T Mitchell - J Kennedy
HF: M Richardson - T Cloke - J Waite
FF: N Davis - J Brown - T Hawkins
Fol: L Darcy - G Ablett - J Watson
Bench: McKintosh, Ebert, Daniher, Viney
Just that their fathers played top level football at the time they could.

Couldn't fit Marc Murphy but Ebert makes it?
I only used the players listed in the Wiki article for players 'drafted to the AFL under the father son rule' which didn't apply to Murphy did it.

I would definitely fit him in.
Same with SOS.

Travis Cloke >>>> Whitnall

Ron Barassi Jr - arguably the most important person in the history of AFL. Even without the fact that the rule was literally written for him, he would be the first picked, best player and would captain-coach that side.

And Watson has no business being in there. Without the good stuff he was barely AFL standard.

Ron Barassi Jr - arguably the most important person in the history of AFL. Even without the fact that the rule was literally written for him, he would be the first picked, best player and would captain-coach that side.

And Watson has no business being in there. Without the good stuff he was barely AFL standard.

the good news is that you can do a straight swap of Watson for Hird as per the OPs rules.

I was so surprised when I found out this thread was made by a cats supporter Catsfooty.com is getting boring.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back