Society/Culture Feminism - 2016 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For the past month, every asinine utterance by this Ford thing has been directed at publicising her unintentionally hilarious book. Her so-called journalistic efforts are all dictated by the needs of her book publisher, and her self. It seems to be working for her. Her Facebook page is replete with thousands of droolings by other women who want to do interesting things with her nether regions, metaphorically speaking, of course. They positively gush all over her, metaphorically speaking, of course. Luckily for my sanity, I never read articles or posts which contain the word, 'patriarchy'. Andrew Bolt might just be on a good thing for a root from her too, metaphorically speaking, of course, given their shared obsession with confected outrage. Her publisher and her bank manager are very pleased with the results so far. As for her, she's over the moon, which is an other planet.

Last edited:
For the past month, every asinine utterance by this Ford thing has been directed at publicising her unintentionally hilarious book. Her so-called journalistic efforts are all dictated by the needs of her book publisher, and her self. It seems to be working for her. Her Facebook page is replete with thousands of droolings by other women who want to do interesting things with her nether regions, metaphorically speaking, of course. They positively gush all over her, metaphorically speaking, of course. Luckily for my sanity, I never read articles or posts which contain the word, 'patriarchy'. Andrew Bolt might just be on a good thing for a root from her too, metaphorically speaking, of course, given their shared obsession with confected outrage. Her publisher and her bank manager are very pleased with the results so far. As for her, she's over the moon, which is an other planet.

I dont think anyone takes Ford seriously. She is just another product of our you beaut media landscape. I hope guys dont start judging women based off of the behaviour of someone like Ford. Just as I hope young girls and women dont look up to her.

I dont think anyone takes Ford seriously. She is just another product of our you beaut media landscape. I hope guys dont start judging women based off of the behaviour of someone like Ford. Just as I hope young girls and women dont look up to her.
Nah. If she were a bloke, she, quite rightly, could be called a pudendum. What I detest most about her is not her self-boosting, but her patronising tone towards other women, by which she insults their intelligence. I've spent all of my adult life supporting the inalienable rights of women to be treated as the much more interesting version of what I am, not that anyone else should care about that, especially not women. Without the guiding hand of women, the world would be a completely shitful place, instead of the partial one it now is. Left to their own devices, men, in general, can be an unsavoury bunch. I'm one of the O.K. ones though.;)

not-autistic.png

mentally-handicapped.png

not-excuse.png

anti-woman-1.png

Then more bile was spat for a couple of minutes by the looks of it before signing off.
****-off.png
I have real issue with calling people who have mental or physical disabilities "communities". It lumps them as a class of people apart from the abled, in which they have separate concerns as a bloc.

Almost every single disabled person I know lives and associates almost exclusively with able bodied and minded people - their parents and family. Autistic people, schizophrenics and Downs Syndrome people do not form or belong to a specific community of people that share their traits.

So twice going to ignore her claims he does not have autism potentially putting a lynch mob on him again?

Sometimes in life people much less fortunate than you can make you feel uncomfortable.

A death person on a train making loud noises intermittently. A homeless person sitting against a building. A group of homeless people sitting in the same park everyday while people walk past and stare straight ahead. Things in life make people feel uncomfortable from time to time. As long as it does not cross into being on the recieving end of assault and legitimate harassment..

When you are so incredibly better off than some others it takes an incredibly selfish person to prioritise their feelings over the plight of others and have a complete lack of understanding and empathy.

The average woman in Australia lives an infinitely more privileged life than this autistic man. To prioritise the feelings of women over the needs for understanding of this man(when he does not cross the boundaries into assault etc) is laughable and I would guess alot of people who identify as being feminists while being less extreme would feel similar about this.
Haha, do you actually know what occurred on that particular train trip? Bit hard to argue either way really isn't it, unless you were there by the looks.
So pleased to see your social justice side plugging for the vulnerable underdog Bork, but you still have not addressed the issue.
Do you travel on the trains? Did you note the incident at Hawthorn station last week for instance-stuff happens on the trains and people are entitled to feel safe from danger or an invasion of their personal space. Ford's highlighting of this is not unreasonable. Its pretty easy for us to sit on a keyboard-there is a difference between being 'uncomfortable' about homeless people and someone approaching you on a train- Do you have a daughter-where are you drawing the line of behaviour in public Bork?

Last edited:
Haha, do you actually know what occurred on that particular train trip? Bit hard to argue either way really isn't it, unless you were there by the looks.
So pleased to see your social justice side plugging for the vulnerable underdog Bork, but you still have not addressed the issue.
Do you travel on the trains? Did you note the incident at Hawthorn station last week for instance-stuff happens on the trains and people are entitled to feel safe from danger or an invasion of their personal space. Ford's highlighting of this is not unreasonable. Its pretty easy for us to sit on a keyboard-there is a difference between being 'uncomfortable' about homeless people and someone approaching you on a train- Do you have a daughter-where are you drawing the line of behaviour in public Bork?
You're actually defending Clementine's sexist, hypocritical hate speech here are you? Jesus.

Calling out Bork for not being on the train, Ford wasn't either.

Original girl deleted her post when she found out the man was Autisitic, she obviously realised her mistake. Clementime and you obviously couldnt live in a world where a female claimed victim incorrectly though...

You're actually defending Clementine's sexist, hypocritical hate speech here are you? Jesus.

Original girl deleted her post when she found out the man was Autisitic, she obviously realised her mistake. Clementime and you obviously couldnt live in a world where a female claimed victim incorrectly though...
Are you involved in the Bain survey on gender and promotions?

It's interesting watching your responses go from "where did Ford deny he had autisim?", to "being autistic isn't an excuse", to the above "were you on the train?".

It's interesting watching your responses go from "where did Ford deny he had autisim?", to "being autistic isn't an excuse", to the above "were you on the train?".
Well yep, do agree I am indeed far more interesting than you guys with anything Ford says or does is bad with no room whatsoever for discussion-at least I try for an open mind.

Pretty sure I have acknowledged that its hard for anyone to comment on the train trip.
And again-way to miss the point-Ford's point, regardless of the circumstances in this particular case is a reasonable one-what are you prepared to cop on trains Irene? Happy for your wife, daughter to be approached by anyone? Does mental illness or whatever mean its ok to do what you want in a public forum? Why don't you address that? Theoretically of course, because anyone can be a keyboard warrior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure I have acknowledged that its hard for anyone to comment on the train trip.
And again-way to miss the point-Ford's point, regardless of the circumstances in this particular case is a reasonable one-what are you prepared to cop on trains Irene? Happy for your wife, daughter to be approached by anyone? Does mental illness or whatever mean its ok to do what you want in a public forum? Why don't you address that? Theoretically of course, because anyone can be a keyboard warrior.
That's not the point though.
Fords point is - it's unnaceptable because he's an evil man, part of the patriarchy out here to rape every woman he sees.

And that's clearly stupidity.

That's not the point though.
Fords point is - it's unnaceptable because he's an evil man, part of the patriarchy out here to rape every woman he sees.

And that's clearly stupidity.
Yep, agree Ford is antagonistic in her approach, but again, the point is not invalid just because the messenger is a bit extreme. If you people have an agenda driving you, it means you actually missed the point she made that was worthy of discussion.
Why don't you address that idea of what is to be tolerated in public?
You can react against the idea because Ford has been part of the discussion but if a member of your family gets harassed in public (or worse as has happened in Melbourne), do you think you will say 'Ah well, its bad luck, but the perpetrator has an illness or a condition, so all ok?"

Last edited:
She really isn't a very nice person ..

“Facts evidently matter very little,” Ford wrote, presumably about herself. “It doesn’t matter that the family member I spoke with confirmed this man wasn’t on the spectrum.”

But Ford is aware of more than that. She knew, but did not disclose to Fairfax readers, that the man suffers from another condition.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/bl...l/news-story/fe92adfa6c86cea4fef491be138bf547

Remove this Banner Ad

Back