Discussion Finals Series 2018: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Next year. Not 3 weeks after it was one in white shorts. I'm all for it but also all for consistency within a season.
Ideally next year their home jumper is this years clash jumper

Ideally next year their home jumper is this years clash jumper
Ideally THIS year they wear THIS year's home jumper, like they did 3 weeks ago playing "away" to the same opposition.

Or are we also allowing players who will ideally be at Collingwood next year, to play this Saturday? :p

Ideally THIS year they wear THIS year's home jumper, like they did 3 weeks ago playing "away" to the same opposition.

Or are we also allowing players who will ideally be at Collingwood next year, to play this Saturday? :p
If we're going full ideals, ideally Richmond would have not choked this week.

Grand Final Record cover has been released on Instagram. WCE officially the ‘home’ team. In my opinion, it’s a very classy and exciting design. Effectively incorporates both teams and the ‘The Finals’ branding
If anyone’s interested, here are the phantom covers as well. Always interesting to see what could have been

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All three state league finals using yellow ball. Understand that VFL was under under a closed roof but WAFL and SANFL were both played in the middle of the day.

AFL rules are that any game starting after 3pm uses a yellow ball due to the game finishing at dusk. Not sure what the state league rules say (SANFL started at 3pm local time, WAFL at 2:40pm). Probably should be a bit of flexibility in that though, given the days are longer in September than they would be in June.

All three state league finals using yellow ball. Understand that VFL was under under a closed roof but WAFL and SANFL were both played in the middle of the day.
WAFL has used a yellow ball exclusively for a number of years.

In my view, it makes sense. No need for a red ball given that 75% of games are at night (in the AFL)

Does anyone know what strips the Roosters and Storm will be in on Sunday?
Roosters home, Storm away as Roosters were minor premiers

AFL rules are that any game starting after 3pm uses a yellow ball due to the game finishing at dusk. Not sure what the state league rules say (SANFL started at 3pm local time, WAFL at 2:40pm). Probably should be a bit of flexibility in that though, given the days are longer in September than they would be in June.
SANFL policy is any game starting after 2.40.

I'd like it to be any quarter starting with the lights on. So if it's a 1.10 game and it's dark as Hades then you play with a yellow.

Grand Final Record cover has been released on Instagram. WCE officially the ‘home’ team. In my opinion, it’s a very classy and exciting design. Effectively incorporates both teams and the ‘The Finals’ branding
If anyone’s interested, here are the phantom covers as well. Always interesting to see what could have been
Haven't got the royal blue quite right IMO but not too bad all considered.

Haven't got the royal blue quite right IMO but not too bad all considered.

I'd say that was on purpose, as it fits in with the dark look they were going for. I picked up a copy yesterday, and the black is a matte feel, and the players and finals logo are glossy. In person, the royal blue does also appear lighter than it seems

563703_a240abd8771acf3d9d455b924242a5df.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back