Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Qualifying and Elimination Finals

Thursday, October 1
QF1: Port Adelaide v Geelong (AO) (N)

Friday, October 2
QF2: Brisbane Lions v Richmond (G) (N)

Saturday, October 3
EF2: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs (G) (T)
EF1: West Coast v Collingwood (OS) (N)

Semi Finals

Friday, October 10
SF2: Richmond v St Kilda (MS) (N)

Saturday, October 11
SF1: Geelong v Collingwood (G) (N)

Preliminary Finals

Friday, October 16
PF1: Port Adelaide v Richmond (AO) (N)

Saturday, October 17
PF2: Brisbane Lions v Geelong (G) (N)

Grand Final

Saturday, October 24
Richmond v Geelong (G) (N)

Wondering about who wears what in a Grand Final? Check out the Grand Final Policy thread!

Last edited:
Is it sad that I don't have a single f*** of a clue as to who these DMAs are?

Or am I just starting to show my age worse than what I already have been?
Sad? No
Old? Yes ;)

Everyone performing are local Aussie acts - should be interesting to see the reaction of the AFL crowd. Either way, it's a great initiative.

Sad? No
Old? Yes ;)

Everyone performing are local Aussie acts - should be interesting to see the reaction of the AFL crowd. Either way, it's a great initiative.

I almost got my hopes up when I saw that The DMAs are described as a rock band.

The term "rock band" looks like it's been thrown around more loosley than it used to be.

I almost got my hopes up when I saw that The DMAs are described as a rock band.

The term "rock band" looks like it's been thrown around more loosley than it used to be.
They're very Oasis influenced if that helps the case for calling them a "rock band" 🤷‍♂️

Is that.. Is that a 2018 prelim final uncle sam-Mason Cox poster?

Got bored so I decided to do a current grand final logo ladder. (Gf’s since 2004)

Sydney 5
Hawthorn 5
Geelong 5
West coast 4
Collingwood 4*
St Kilda 3*
Richmond 3
Port 2
Brisbane 1
Fremantle 1
Western bulldogs 1
Adelaide 1
GWS 1

*2010 counts as 2 each

teams who haven’t worn the latest grand final patch yet...

Carlton
Gold Coast
Melbourne
Essendon
North Melbourne

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen any images of the ground yet? Instagram stories has been the go to the last couple of years, but I don’t have Instagram.

There was a video yesterday featuring all the acts performing and it looked like none of the logos or ground markings had been done yet. Leaving it late!

Anyone seen any images of the ground yet? Instagram stories has been the go to the last couple of years, but I don’t have Instagram.

There was a video yesterday featuring all the acts performing and it looked like none of the logos or ground markings had been done yet. Leaving it late!

Ahhh excellent, thank you! Looks like I made that Hilux outer wing logo for nothing though 🤦🏻‍♂️

Interesting that they’re leaving it till the day before. I’m sure things are done earlier than this usually. Wonder if its just the notorious Gabba curator being picky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the convention with the arcs again? Does this follow or break it?
Breaks it. Generally if one team has red/blue or similar they get that arc. Eg Geelong would have got blue. Hawthorn often got red. Sydney/Bulldogs were red/blue respectively.

I think we need the ARC to review the designation of the arcs

images

It’s not “red = away, blue = home” is it?

Wondered myself if they're moving that way, given blue is left of screen and therefore when looking from the broadcast camera the logos will be laid out as home v away. Hard to tell though given the most recent GF with the home team on the red arc was 2017, and both 2018 and 2019 went the expected colour-coded ways (which still ended up with the home team on blue).

Something to watch in coming seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back