FTA-TV First Date - Part 4 and the summer of tennis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good... errr... afternoon. I think the reason that Ch 7 has been showing Elvis movies at noon lately is because it was his birthday on Jan 8. But I want my unfaithful wife/husband, murder, teenage angst Lifetime movies back!!!

I'm just about to eat brunch- my usual sandwich with a cup of coffee. I don't know what intermittent fasting is. However, I do know what intermittent farting is. I have it too often. :p
Intermittent fasting is not eating for 16 hours a day. When I do it, I can eat between 12pm and 8pm.
Basically, it drops insulin levels in the body and thus forces the body to access stored fat.

Intermittent fasting is not eating for 16 hours a day. When I do it, I can eat between 12pm and 8pm.
Basically, it drops insulin levels in the body and thus forces the body to access stored fat.
That's similar to me and when and how much I can eat because of my meds. I am supposed to have two light meals in intervals during the day since the meds work more with my digestive tract rather then my heart for my BP after eating. So that's why I only have a sandwich at about 11am and a snack in the mid afternoon after I've taken the second meds for the day. I can have a main meal after my last meds about 6pm, but I have to be careful not to eat too much since the meds are the last of the day and I need their effectiveness for my BP later in the evening. It's all a balancing act.

Are you restricted as to what you can eat? I'm not supposed to eat certain things and I have to drink plenty of water, but not too much since I need to retain salt in my system. Life used to be so uncomplicated... :)

That's similar to me and when and how much I can eat because of my meds. I am supposed to have two light meals in intervals during the day since the meds work more with my digestive tract rather then my heart for my BP after eating. So that's why I only have a sandwich at about 11am and a snack in the mid afternoon after I've taken the second meds for the day. I can have a main meal after my last meds about 6pm, but I have to be careful not to eat too much since the meds are the last of the day and I need their effectiveness for my BP later in the evening. It's all a balancing act.

Are you restricted as to what you can eat? I'm not supposed to eat certain things and I have to drink plenty of water, but not too much since I need to retain salt in my system. Life used to be so uncomplicated... :)
Supposedly you eat what you want.
I have cut down chocolate and stopped soft drinks.
I miss Portello and Creaming Soda.

Supposedly you eat what you want.
I have cut down chocolate and stopped soft drinks.
I miss Portello and Creaming Soda.
I have a cup of coffee in the morning and then just drink water. I have had a Solo mini a few times and Lemon Lime and Bitters on special occasions when we go out. Other than that, just water. I don't really miss the soft drinks. And since I've never been a n alcohol drinker(except in Vegas LOL) I have nothing to really miss. I'm trying to eat more fresh fruit especially this time of the year. I try to have a banana every day and just finished off some apricots. I bought myself a small watermelon on Sunday which I'll have starting tonight probably. I have lettuce and tomato on my sandwich every day and sometimes a salad at dinner. I rely on frozen vegetables since I don't go shopping that often and fresh ones tend to go off since I'm only cooking for myself.

I do get cravings for salt, so I usually have some chips or Salt and Vinegar rice crackers at hand. And I do have chocolate almost every day. Again it's all a balancing act.

When I was teaching, I'd have a cup of coffee at home before I'd leave. Have a couple more cups in the morning at school. Have a sandwich or roll from the tuck shop for lunch with a cup of coffee and maybe one more coffee before going home. Sometimes I'd be too busy to eat lunch at lunchtime and try and scarf it down during an afternoon free or between classes.

I can't decide what to eat tonight. I'll either order sushi or get some kind of Asian seafood on UberEats. Four free deliveries left by next Thursday. I didn't have my afternoon snack. I forgot. I'll just have some crackers and cheese now I guess.

I just read that Greg Page, the Yellow Wiggle, collapsed during the bushfire concert. He has something similar to what I have. He was diagnosed a number of years ago by the same cardiologist as I have who specializes in orthostatic hypotension. What I have is a bit more complicated.

I found an article in the Sydney Morning Herald about him and his illness. He speaks of how isolated he felt.

"He felt ''totally vulnerable'' and shocked by his transition from global superstar to virtual recluse, feeling that he ''had no friends'' and was just stuck watching reruns of The Bourne Identity on TV, unable to leave his house."

He wrote a book about his experience. Now and Then: The Life-Changing Journey of the Original Yellow Wiggle.

"''I wanted to give more attention to this condition, to help people diagnose it and [deal with] the frustration that comes with being misdiagnosed.'' One of the worst parts of his experience, while doctors were skipping from diagnosing him with everything from epilepsy to SARS, was the judgment he faced from the others, ''the icy glare of people who doubt that we are really sick or that there is something really wrong with us''

I found a copy of the book on ebay which I'll have to get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun fact: snoopy would have hit the tennis ball approximately 600,000 times by the end of the open.

/if we're assuming he continues to hit the ball when im not logged into BF.
He would continue hitting the ball as
the site is active.

However, do you count every single post as 1 hit, or as their each individual hit. Then you’ve got the pop up, when someone hovers over your username. Or is it the number of times that the gif is loaded or seen by a user.

The worst storm I've been in was about six years ago back home. We were under a tornado watch when the tornado sirens went off in our town, meaning a confirmed tornado was in the area. I had to walk my near 90 year old mother down about 20 stairs to the basement and get her seated safely in the middle of the basement next to an internal wall, grab the four cages of my zebra finches and my cat to bring downstairs and grab a transistor radio and some water, just in case. A tornado did touch down briefly but it was a few miles away and I don't think there was any real damage. It hit in a rural farming area.

A tornado did hit a town about 15 miles from our home 30 years ago which killed 29 people in Plainfield IL. It is the only F5 tornado ever to hit the Chicago area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back